Players/Ex-Players you liked but never got the recognition

For me Tony Vidmar should have been a lot more praised than he was, hardworking, really quick, versatile and scored that goal against Parma.

Claudio Reyna as well, would have liked to have seen him and Fergie get more time in CM, but the wee man was outstanding for us.

Advocaat chased a lot of good players when we should have chased him. Albertz springs to mind for one.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both good shouts.

Mikhailichenko was another who I felt never got the status he deserved. Could be a bit lazy at times I'm told though.

Also, if Stuart McCall isn't in our hall of fame, there's something wrong.

Arveladze, Rod Wallace, Darkeyville.

What did people think of Johanssen, I remember him when I was 11ish and thought he wasn't good as he was cheap, immature way of thinking. Would he get a game I'n this team?

Fernando Ricksen

He's generally remembered for his performance in the 6-2 drubbing and his off the field shenanigans, but he had 2 magnificent seasons for us (02/03 and 04/05) and captained us to as many league titles as Barry Ferguson

Fernando Ricksen

He's generally remembered for his performance in the 6-2 drubbing and his off the field shenanigans, but he had 2 magnificent seasons for us (02/03 and 04/05) and captained us to as many league titles as Barry Ferguson

Mind your site that made the papers :craphead:

Arveladze, Rod Wallace, Darkeyville.

What did people think of Johanssen, I remember him when I was 11ish and thought he wasn't good as he was cheap, immature way of thinking. Would he get a game I'n this team?

Johansson was like the original Lovenkrands, but we didn't stick him out wide and waste him

Very injury prone and bizarrely sold to Charlton just days after starting in our opening game of the 00/01 season

I liked big Jo Johansson.

When he broke his leg at Pittodrie, my cousin was a nurse at ARI and had to cut off his shinguards. She was going to get him to sign them and give them to me, but no the fucking bitch forgot :angry:

Sasa Papac.

A few months ago people would have laughed at talks of him leaving but now in a poor side people call him 'limited'.

People forget how good he was against Man Utd.

Personally, I think it's essential to extend his contract. He is the ideal foil for a strong attacking full back on the other flank.