Why i've turned my back on SDM

Not long after SDM bought our great club, i met him at ibrox during a game my supporters club was sponsoring, when i asked him his plans for the club, he spoke about us trying at the time to buy mel sterland from Sheffield Wednesday, who were playing hard ball at the time with the transfer fee, when i asked what if they didn't agree to sell him, SDMs reply was then i'll buy sheffield wed, and then he'll be a rangers player, stating that's how serious he was about his ownership of rangers. I must admit at the time i thought fuckin hell, you'll do me. Having met him on another few occasions, where he never missed an oppertunity to state how much he loved our great club, and he would never turn his back on us, and how we would never get in the mess the beggars were before wee fergus got involved, and all the other triumphant rubbish he spouted, he's now done exactly that. I have in the past tried to defend this man at every turn, and have had my fingers burned for it, but no more. When we want him to come out and be honest with us and just explain what is going on, he's not even got the decency to do that. Now i know about discretion and keeping your own council whenever the stock exchange is involved, but i also know that there are ways and means to get your message out there if you think you need to without compromising yourself. He has refused to do this on many occasions, as well as refusing to either directly or indirectly come out and defend the club and its supporters in the face of what is a sustained level of attack from celtic minded parties and individuals almost on a daily basis, leaving the only conclusion is the one that he has plain and simply just turned his back on us, well as a supporter of this great club for nearly 40 years and a season ticket holder for well over 20 of those, I,SDM am turning my back on you, with a friend like you, our great club will never need enemies, I am sorry fellow bears for that being long winded, but i'm absolutely disgusted with this man, something i never thought i would say

He did some great things for our club but I agree he has turned his back on us, he's been totally absent since he gave up the chairmain's job.

It now seems he was more of a self glory seeker than a true fan or supporter

That's exactly my point, i like yourself was born a rangers supporter and will die a rangers supporter, now all the good things he done for the club will be forgotten, and all that will be remembered about him, was the burning question, WHERE WERE YOU WHEN RANGERS SUPPORTERS NEEDED TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED?, i can look myself in the mirror

In an interview in the last 2 or 3 years with Sir David Murray, the interviewer asked him about the financial aspect of the running of the club. He arrogantly replied to let him deal with the financial aspect of the club as he is after all the business man and owner.

1. Firstly I would love to find this video to watch it again.
  2. Secondly I would love to play the video back to him and ask him what his thoughts are now that the financial aspect of the club is in such a fucking mess.

Yes he spent big in the past chasing the dream of European success but the cons clearly outweigh the pros for me now, when you think of the state we are in the moment financially.

I don't know about turning his back on us..

Whoever buys the club, we just can't expect them to just pump their own money into it.

The club has to be viable as a business, not a charity.

The whole problem is being a big fish in a small pond, and thats not going to go away

until a Northern European league or whatever gets set up.

For me it's not about money, it's his silence when we fans need him most that turned me against him. It was a slow process as I'd admired what he had done until then but it's been years now since I had any trust left for him.

Whoever buys the club, we just can't expect them to just pump their own money into it.

The whole problem is being a big fish in a small pond, and thats not going to go away

This is the second time he's disappeared when things got a bit difficult. A coward.

My OP is not about money or big fish and small ponds, SDM is still the official major shareholder in our club, so therefor he still in my opinion has a responsibility to the shareholders and supporters, and where that is concerned nobody can deny he has turned his back on us, i was a big SDM fan for a long time, and as i said earlier defended him at every turn, but there is no excuse for the deafening silence coming from his camp, if he was one of us like he always ranted on about, no matter the mistakes that were made, or even if lies were told, he should still be kicking and scratching to defend our club at every attack that comes our way, just because he's not the chairman now, doesn't mean he does not have a voice or opinion, which like everybody else he is entitled to

the man is a c..t, pure and simple. 90 million the first time, over 30 million this time plus two tax inquirys which together could be anywhere between 30-70 million. That's near 200 million of pure fucking scandalous behaviour. He can't even be blamed for stupidity.

How the fuck can anyone with his business knowledge and advisors can run a club into the ground once, then do it again just a few years later and leave the club hanging on by a thread.

utter c..t

For me it's not about money, it's his silence when we fans need him most that turned me against him. It was a slow process as I'd admired what he had done until then but it's been years now since I had any trust left for him.

I care far more about what he has done to us on the park. I won't lose any sleep over the media writing shite about us but I will when we're losing at home to Dundee United, conceding 3 goals not for the first time this season, with 5 fucking subs on the bench.

I think as well there is the way he has allowed the club to be criticised by the rheptiles over the years. To call it a dignified silence is to give it far too much legitimacy ... it was cowardice but it was also that he didn't really care about the supporters or our good name and it ended in the UEFA fiasco :anguish:.

I think as well there is the way he has allowed the club to be criticised by the rheptiles over the years. To call it a dignified silence is to give it far too much legitimacy ... it was cowardice but it was also that he didn't really care about the supporters or our good name and it ended in the UEFA fiasco :anguish:.

And he wasn't such a fan of 'dignified silence' when the fans were calling him an asset stripper.