Let's Cut Through The Bullshit of Lemmon and McBhride

don logan

I've just seen TLB's interview after the St Johnstone game on tonights news. You know the one - where he metaphorically plants big slabbery kisses on Paul McBhride's arse, stating that his comments yesterday were his "legal opinion" and finishes it off by surmising (with a straight face) that it's "INTERESTING" that he is the only one actually with a ban post events of the Cup Replay. Last night I watched McBhride's piece on the SFA. For one who's made a successful living from choosing his words very carefully, he appeared out of control and incoherent. No doubt, McBhride is above average intelligence and many purport that TLB is a lot sharper than his public demeanour would suggest (after all, didn't he single handedly win the fiendishly difficult pub quiz in Tennents, Byres Road, a few years back............copyright Daily Record). Now, I like to think I'm fairly reasonable and placid and will often respect others views, even if I don't agree with them. So why have this pairs ridiculous remarks grated so much? Lets look at events, the evidence and cut through the shite.

Why has Lemmon got a ban? He has got a ban simply because he didn't appeal.By choosing not to appeal he, in effect, pled guilty. We were all surprised at this. This was not typical of him, admitting wrong doing. Throughout his career as a player and manager, he has contested suspensions and misconduct charges. He has also been highly vocal in the press when railing against official sanctions and opinions of journalists. Yet not a peep out of him on this.

Why did Lemmon not appeal? We can reasonably conclude, in light of events that followed, that this was on the advice of the esteemed QC of the Club, McBhride. It looks like PM had spotted the "concurrent" loophole in SFA's dictums and bhouyed by his successful appeal against TLB's previous suspension,wanted to again point score and undermine the SFA. His spiel to Liewell, Lemmon and cronies was no doubt along the lines of "take the hit right now and we'll offset 3 of the games via the loophole". On the surface, a good call as it a)is another bloody nose for the beleaguered SFA b)will be 1 match more than McCoist, so an indirect bloody nose for the Gers c)shows him up to be a right clever bastard.

Why is McBride now spitting feathers? Well,it's deflect and defend again because yesterdays decision shows his guidance on the charge to have been poor. Lemmon is indeed the only one with a ban, but that's no one's fault but his, as he pled no contest. It surely isn't to outrageous to assume that Li'l Paul's ego got in the way of best practice. He sooooooooooo wanted to expose the loophole (when would he get another chance?) and obviously wanted to cement further his position as a "darling" of the green and grey, that he convinced himself and his paymasters that appealing was futile. Well (dramatic pause), it wasn't. Now it's McCoist, no ban and Lemmon 4 games. Forget now the loophole, that's yesterdays news. TLB is astride a tightrope, his record will show 8 games off the touchline this season, regardless of the fact he only served 5. Any more misbehaving and he's fucked, with no more loopholes to exploit. Whereas, if he had appealed and won (and going by event's yesterday, there's a fighting chance he would have been successful) his record would have shown only a four match ban. Pauly Bhoy never seen this coming (but knows he should have)and therefore lets rip in an incoherent manner, certainly un-becoming of a QC. Deflect and defend.Probably just waved goodbye to the Lord Advocat gig after his hissy fit, but don't worry Paul, you can just blame being overlooked on The Establishment. Such poor guidance from a brief anywhere else in the commercial world would result in your jotters but that's not how things work in The Sellik Family. Apportion the blame elsewhere, appeal to the base nature of the fanbase, deflect and defend and you'll be alright - a job for life.

So Neil, it is VERY INTERESTING that you're the only one with a ban but it's got fuck all to do with bias or dishonesty. I will agree that incompetence was a factor though - incompetence on the part of Wee Phaul and you for hanging on his every word and thinking that he was bullet proof. Most of us would learn from this but, going by yesterdays comments, it looks like you wont. Which is only good news for us............

spot on mate, like everything to do with their intimidation this season ist all do do with winning the league, they are fcuked without CL money next season.

RC McBride will be rather lighter than usual on his loafers tonight at the Polo Lounge.

So what happens if Lennon gets into trouble again, say before the end of the season or next season?

I heard someone say he could be out for a third of the season if caught out again. Is that true?

McBride says they can take legal action if they like, this C--T is not going to back down.

Technically, he's nothing to do with celticfootballclub Minst.

It reads like they're going after him personally.

Will be interesting to see Rhegan and his mhob at loggerheads against Mhicbhride and Lhiewell and Lhemmon called into the box as witnesses , :crabflute:

I’ll confess to finding the situation with Lawless, Regan, MC Bride, rasellik, the SFA and the rest of them to be brilliant entertainment. No sooner than 666fc get ‘their man’ on board at the SFA than it all goes tits up and now they are bitterly back-biting and intent on suing the arse off each other :uk:

Schadenfreude Loyal.

Apart from anything else how casn Bigride now plead equinamity on any issue , he has outed himself as a bitter Paranoid tim basically--the celtic mob all love him--but its poor professional judgement--any decision he makes now will be tainted by his educated bigotry .