Right then, let's see how FARE react now...

Senna

Just rattled off an email to FARE, the SPL, the SFA and Kick It Out about the mhanks anti-protestant and illegal IRA singing last night.

Wonder who I'll hear back from?

To whom it may concern,

I, on behalf of a larger group of Scottish football fans, would like to make a complaint about songs sung last night at a football match that were of both a sectarian and illegal nature.

I am referring to the Scottish Premier League match between Kilmarnock FC and Celtic FC. Not only could Celtic FC fans be heard singing anti-protestant songs (with lyrics such as, 'soon, there'll be no protestants at all') but songs glorifying the IRA ('Ooh ah, up the 'Ra') - which is illegal in the UK under current anti-terrorism legislation.

Songs of this nature were clearly audible over the television broadcast which I viewed the match, and I anticipate your response most eagerly.

Yours sincerely,

XXXXXXXX XXXX

ps - it may be of interest that I have alerted other media outlets about not only this incident last night, but that you have been alerted to it as well. Given your work condemning such incidents in the past, I have no doubt your organisation will do everything to bring this to light.

Already got an acknowledgement email from the SFA saying they'll pass it on to the relevant authorities.

edit: also, I CC'd Celtic's press office in the one I sent to the SPL.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just rattled off an email to FARE, the SPL, the SFA and Kick It Out about the mhanks anti-protestant and illegal IRA singing last night.

Already got an acknowledgement email from the SFA saying they'll pass it on to the relevant authorities.

Roughly translated, that means they'll sweep it under the carpet with all the rest. Still at least they replied I expect the others won't.

post the email addresses and we can all follow your lead?

info@scottishfa.co.uk

enquiries@scotprem.com

publicrelations@celticfc.co.uk

info@kickitout.org

enquiries@farenet.org

If you do write to FARE, fill out the wee form they have on their site, here: http://farenet.org/default.asp?intPageID=7&intArticleID=2449

It'll make them take notice, and it's harder to ignore if we do what they've asked.

well done mate, all easy to hark about it, the more that do this the better, and always good to read it showing no bias towards anyone, report the scum at every turn possible without mentioning the rangers in the process

well done m8 every one should copy that letter and put there own name on it

It'll have a better effect if everyone writes their own email, even just a few lines, but it would carry much more weight.

I think you should all send complaints to Strathclyde Police and have it logged as a 'racial incident'. It is also a breach of the peace as it has caused 'alarm and offence'. Demand they advise you of the outcome and keep a log of the police's actions. Complaints can be sent online and ensure that you have a reference number.

Brilliant letter mate, those scumbags do what they like and sing what they like and no-one could care less, it's all about what big bad Rangers are singing. If I'm going to be sitting at a game scared to say anything incase I get the jail it'd make me feel a bit better knowing the same is happening to those mhanks

Isn't there away to report it to the Government,surely this would be covered in the anti terrorism laws,especially since the press have reported that the real ira is recruiting at celtic park.

I emailed my MP.

They are guaranteed to at least respond to it.

Don't email your MSP, obviously, as the Scottish Parliament is dissolved for now.