The Times ready to attack Union Flag display...

25 guests, surely they see the stupidity of this article too…

You'd like to think so.

I coldn't give a monkeys about them flying tricolours. Fly as many as you want. Fucking paint your face with one if you must.

It won't make you any more Irish though. :sherlock:

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a disgrace, the Union Jack in the centre circle has been flown before the game for a good few years. There has been Union Jack card displays the size of the Govan stand and the South stand at Hampden in recent times, so why didn't this fud attack them then ?

Why does this guy have the freedom to write this pish about us ? Oh aye, cos its open season on us and the Rangers board are shitebags. They should be out attacking this piece of shite, but no doubt they'll stand by and do nothing.

(tu) Unbelievable this has been published! I actually have the feeling that some/most sports journos are upset that nothing happened on Sunday. How a newspaper based in London has this scrote employed, calling a Union Jack sectarian, ridiculous! He should maybe concentrate and write a piece on why Afghan, Iraqi and Palestinian flags are present in the Celtic support, or are we not allowed to question that? :mad:

In the context of the Old Firm, it has been hijacked as a sign of lasting enmity, of division, entrenching the idea that the club, for now and evermore, will represent the Protestant sector of Glasgow and the other the Catholic.

Honestly? This is what uneducated 7 or 8 year olds think. The Union Jack is protestant, fuckin hell this is like a paper claiming that the ball was a proddy in the cup final :rolleyes:

What an idiot this man is.

This would be like me saying you shouldn't sing national anthems before international games, becauses it divides the two sets of fans and is a sign of tribalism. Fuck off.

I'm quite pissed off about this, the game went well, no arrest, no sectarian singing from either fans that I heard yet some wee fanny reporter has to pick the meat from the bones of the previous wks by using the uj as an offensive symbol. It's got all our colours on it, plus we support the monarchy and unionism. So what's the problem

Theres no problem, paper selling is at stake

Once they get something, they want something else. Why can't people see this?

Looks like no one listens to us Casey, I did say the Union flag would be next on their agenda. Again will the same people claim there is still not an agenda against us?

As ridiculous an article from any sector of the press as I have read in years. So many flaws - such stupidity - that it seems reasonable to assume the writers desperation to grind his axe saw him willingly part with any sense of rationale.

The Union Jack is not an official symbol of Rangers FC.

Does he mean apart from the one flying over the stadium? Is he aware that whilst red bricks are not an official symbol of The Rangers, the club freely encourage supporters to add a very personal stamp to the clubs foundations by way of them?

Does anyone seriously believe that the best means of education is for Rangers to hand out Union Jacks?

Does the writer seriously think The Rangers considered the flag display as part of a drive to educate, well, anyone? Perhaps the club should have placed them in the Broomie, too. As a lovely wee, educational reminder to the ‘diaspora’ as to which country they collect their giros from.

To make such a point to the club yesterday was to be brushed off like an idiot.

I’m glad he was brushed off like an idiot. Really delighted. I can only imagine just how gutted he and his like were by the GIRFUY actions of The Rangers support by refusing to deliver what they were so desperate to be reporting on.

(tu) Unbelievable this has been published! I actually have the feeling that some/most sports journos are upset that nothing happened on Sunday. How a newspaper based in London has this scrote employed, calling a Union Jack sectarian, ridiculous! He should maybe concentrate and write a piece on why Afghan, aIrqi and Palestinian flags are present in the Celtic support, or are we not allowed to question that? :mad:

It's called "reverse discrimination" and it seems to be all the rave in Britain right now.

Can you imagine what it will be like if TLRB gets a 3 year contract ? he's turned the country inside out in less than a season.

I hope Craig Whyte has balls of steel.

There was a thread on FF on Sunday, a couple of hours after full time, alleging that officials of celtc had complained to Rangers about the flags being provocative. Their complaint was obviously treated with the contempt and derision it deserved. So, to me, it looks like celtc's next step is to get the press to take up their next fight, against the Union Flag. PR machine in motion again....

Looks like no one listens to us Casey, I did say the Union flag would be next on their agenda. Again will the same people claim there is still not an agenda against us?

The appeasement approach won't work, as is being shown.

I look forward to his articles on our sectarian flags for eurovision, the proms, even dads army had union jacks. Is he going to claim the upcoming royal wedding is now sectarian as millions will have wee UJ flags.

Any article that says tricolours are OK yet the UK isn't completely loses any credibility and their agenda is all too clear.

It's a sad day when some schmuck is writing articles condemning a club for waving their own national flag.

What a tit.

At the very worst it is political and therefore allowed.

Just seen it in the SSN paper round up there.

Matt Dickinson has written an article asking if it was wise for Rangers to put 40,000 union jack flags out at the weekend in the current climate.

He was apparantly dismissed when a 'Rangers spokesman' couldn't see what he was getting on about and why it might have been a bad move.

The guy reviewing it on Sky (Paul whats his name from the NOTW) then went on to say that it's not on the clubs badge and wait for it it doesn't form any part of the clubs heritage.

Whatever next :rolleyes:

Maybe he should read up about where our name comes from then :rolleyes:

Once they get something, they want something else. Why can't people see this?

I think most people can. It was predictable that journos would be disappointed with The Rangers support behaving impeccably, but they have column inches to fill. Although I’ll admit to some surprise at how ridiculously petty they appear willing to be.

I don’t see a lot of mileage for them in going after the Union Flag mind you :uk:

That’s right up there with the sashes mown into the grass and eggs-benedict being banned in the desperation stakes.

Anyone able to tell me which side of the divide wee Dick finds himself on :rolleyes:

What does he suggest for Champion's League/Europa League matches?

Lowering our flags incase we offend the visiting team/supporters?

I mean surely if it's provocative to a team from our own country it would start a full blown riot against a club not from our shores :rolleyes:

Dickinson must have quite a job where he can get paid to hate his country.

and also sit of fuckin twitter all day, i hate to say this but it would not suprise me if our GREAT nation becomes a 'cafflick state' in the years to come....