Illegal Shirt?

fog

Guys don't get your knickers in a twist. There's fuck all UEFA can do. Is only our own governing body who have a say on SPL matches.

Sometimes we all need to take a deep breath and think!

Clever from Rangers, if anyone has any problem with something like this then it will show them in a very poor light and possibly make the agendas against us even more obvious.

With regards a post above, players should be banned from crossing themselves out in public view, religion has no place in football, its a personal thing and should be done in a personal private space and time.

We are jumping in far too quickly, here, in my opinion.

Firstly, the FIFA ruling states that the personal statement (in this case) cannot be on the club shirt - which it was. This means that one of the posts above, stating that people should be stopped from crossing themselves is taken fully for its humour only.

Secondly, the cross on the back of the Celtic top is/was a permanent feauture, surely? In that case, it is part of the shirt design and is not a statement made on demand. There is absolutely nothing stopping Rangers FC adding a Union Flag to their shirts, if they added it to the design.

A precedent (albeit not legally) has already been made here and that is the Poppy on the shirts of most SPL sides. This means that Rangers were entitled to do the same, if they followed the correct rules for authorisation and here is where it gets interesting....

FIFA have every right to question the SFA/SPL over this but they cannot question the club. So, IF Rangers requested permission from the SFA/SPL to have this on Weir's shirt, the SFA/SPL will tell FIFA this and all will be resolved.

This is where I think, Rangers have pulled a corker, to shove right up the arses of those who look for anything to throw at us. I reckon Rangers are not as stupid as some make out and this was all pre-planned, with the realisation that some will get their knickers in a twist, becoming an added bonus.

Firstly, the FIFA ruling states that the personal statement (in this case) cannot be on the club shirt - which it was. This means that one of the posts above, stating that people should be stopped from crossing themselves is taken fully for its humour only.

Secondly, the cross on the back of the Celtic top is/was a permanent feauture, surely? In that case, it is part of the shirt design and is not a statement made on demand. There is absolutely nothing stopping Rangers FC adding a Union Flag to their shirts, if they added it to the design.

A precedent (albeit not legally) has already been made here and that is the Poppy on the shirts of most SPL sides. This means that Rangers were entitled to do the same, if they followed the correct rules for authorisation and here is where it gets interesting....

FIFA have every right to question the SFA/SPL over this but they cannot question the club. So, IF Rangers requested permission from the SFA/SPL to have this on Weir's shirt, the SFA/SPL will tell FIFA this and all will be resolved.

This is where I think, Rangers have pulled a corker, to shove right up the arses of those who look for anything to throw at us. I reckon Rangers are not as stupid as some make out and this was all pre-planned, with the realisation that some will get their knickers in a twist, becoming an added bonus.

We are, or tarriers are? Jumping in too quick. It was them who made the complaints yesterday.

A better precedent would be the Famine shirt in my opinion, as it was restricted to one club. (tu)

We are, or tarriers are? Jumping in too quick. It was them who made the complaints yesterday.

We are jumping in too quick. We are starting to go on automatic defence, yet we do not know the facts. Someone said it earlier, but we really do need to take a breath and wait for any form of official word. The SFA and SPL are all on holiday, until Tuesday

We are jumping in too quick. We are starting to go on automatic defence, yet we do not know the facts. Someone said it earlier, but we really do need to take a breath and wait for any form of official word. The SFA and SPL are all on holiday, until Tuesday

The fact it is even an issue makes me sick. I would delete the thread and ignore the subject, its a nothing story, if it needs mentioned it should be nothing but praise for the club.

quality, for those who think the club say the wrong things in public or say stupid statements, the club have a duty but they also have common sense in abundance, its funny no one knows how it got there, some expect the club to come out and challenge every single comment or statement and have us looking worse than the mopes, theres ways to do things and i hope there are more to come

Congratulations to the future king and queen in your own country should be applauded.

Scotland is turning into a fuckin taig hive, and I for one is getting really fucked off with it.

I'm proud to be BRITISH, proud to be SCOTTISH, and proud to be a PROTESTANT.

I will fly the union flag with pride, along with the solitaire, and couldnt give a flying fuck what any ambulance chasing bleeding heart vicTIM has to say about it.

These colours don't run, if you dont like it you can FUCK RIGHT OFF..............

It's very clear now that there is an anti-Rangers agenda in this country, from the Government to the footballing authorities. It is going too far now.

Are we not alowed to have the flag of our country at matches, incase we somehow offend people who support anti-British terrorists and would rather live in Ireland?

Are we not allowed to congragulate our Royal family on an occasion such as Friday's?

Would like to point out a guy made a topic about this on thursday or friday and he got laughed at , can't remember his name but just thought I should point that out as some may owe him an apology :)

Not Lhabour or the SNP

So you've got the Lib Dems, Tories and a few others. I don't know the poster's constituancy.

If you look in the debating part loads are voting SNP

and Labour :( yet continue to moan.

Would like to point out a guy made a topic about this on thursday or friday and he got laughed at , can't remember his name but just thought I should point that out as some may owe him an apology :)

TBF he was correct and was on the ball before anyone else but his OP, IMO, made it sound like there was going to be a picture of them on the front of his shirt lol

Congratulations to the future king and queen in your own country should be applauded.

Scotland is turning into a fuckin taig hive, and I for one is getting really fucked off with it.

I'm proud to be BRITISH, proud to be SCOTTISH, and proud to be a PROTESTANT.

I will fly the union flag with pride, along with the solitaire, and couldnt give a flying fuck what any ambulance chasing bleeding heart vicTIM has to say about it.

These colours don't run, if you dont like it you can FUCK RIGHT OFF..............

:clap::clap::clap::uk:

Yes it's the rules and what not...but other than that, what was so offensive to them yesterday in that message to the Royal Couple? :rolleyes:

I find it offensive that every club in Britain wasn't sharing a similar message :uk:

This does not suprise me, you could not make this stuff up!

Next will be the lion rampant on the club crest...deemed a sectarian lion! Away and get a life, there are some sad individuals who take great satisfaction in attacking Scotlands greatest club and its supporters.