Umbro Contract

mac444

With it looking 99% certain we will have another new set of kits for next season, not that I'm complaining as this seasons efforts have been less than impressive.

How long have we left to run on the current Umbro contract, IIRC it was a 3 or 4 year deal, but does that include the one season they were shirt "sponsors"?

I really hope we can get either Adidas or Nike to make the kits after the current contract is up, or atleast Reebok or Kappa as some of their shirts look good, although I don't know how popular the skin tight efforts that Kappa comes out with often with players and fans alike

Dont know when the umbro deal ends but I wish it was in the summer. Time to win a deal with adidas and while we are at it, punt carling. I hate having the same sponsor as celtic!

Dont know when the umbro deal ends but I wish it was in the summer. Time to win a deal with adidas and while we are at it, punt carling. I hate having the same sponsor as celtic!

I really dislike the Carling sponsor also. However I really don't think you will see Rangers having a different sponsor than Celtic for a very long time.

Guest TheQueensXI

I really dislike the Carling sponsor also. However I really don't think you will see Rangers having a different sponsor than Celtic for a very long time.

no i think the two find it better to promote themselves as a pair. its double the advertising on the pitch in the biggest game in the spl 4 times a year. plus cup games should they arise.

I hate the current design.

The shirts are extremely tight around the arms, either that or I'm a muscley bassa! :Animation44: :lol:

And the Carling badge, had it managed not to peel off, is very uncomfortable or your skin.

Bring back Adidas! :)

I hate the current design.

The shirts are extremely tight around the arms, either that or I'm a muscley bassa! :Animation44: :lol:

And the Carling badge, had it managed not to peel off, is very uncomfortable or your skin.

Bring back Adidas! :)

Your not the only one mate, I had to go a size up from normal to get it to actually got around my arms without circulation problems :rolleyes:

Which doesn't help with me being the size I am, I struggled to find a shop back home that stocked that size! My local sports shop only stock up to my normal size.

Come in who's slagging umbro it could be diadora :pipeguy:

Lets bring back Adidas or Nike though the strips these days are mince

I liked one of the Diadora efforts, the one that everyone was a unique design.

Come in who's slagging umbro it could be diadora :pipeguy:

Lets bring back Adidas or Nike though the strips these days are mince

I liked one of the Diadora efforts, the one that everyone was a unique design.

Unique coz you were the only person that bought it.

i hate umbro tops, bring back adidas or nike asap. Why the hell didnt we renew the nike deal when we had it?

I think we had the chance this time round aswell but Umbro were offering more money :pipeguy:

Carling looks and tastes sh*te and umbro make tacky tops.

CARLING Extra Cold is my FAV Lager at the pubs! i Love It!!! I like it better than Tennents or McEwan's personally. When I drink the heavy, I like Belhaven or John Smith's......and of course, for some occasions, Guiness or Extra Cold! YUM! (beer)

well these tops are better than the diarora one, the one with the red shoulders. mine and my bros would get caught in anything and have little tears everywhere. Shaudy. the carling badge has only just started to come off my home top slightly. bought a new away one last month just for the hell of it (and it was cheap). I also could not bear it if we got "tight-fit" shirts.

The Patrick rumour is absolute nonsense.

The Umbro contract runs until the end of season 2008/09 and then as usual the tender will go to the highest bidder. Patrick are not able to compete at that financial level.