Terry Butcher

pols59

The minute he took a swipe at my idol Davie Cooper is the minute i would like him to keep his distance from any position at Ibrox.

He has done well in some places and shit at others. Nothing that would make him a stand out for a job.

Plus we have a new manager ready to step in....why do we need to be looking for another???? :rolleyes:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has he done to deserve it? <cr>

when i hear the guy talk he talks sense, knows the game and rather a lot of people have time for the guy, why the rolleyes anyway, is my opinion just daft as it is my opinion?

i would rather he was here to help ally overall

when i hear the guy talk he talks sense, knows the game and rather a lot of people have time for the guy, why the rolleyes anyway, is my opinion just daft as it is my opinion?

A confused one would have been better. Sorry about that. There are guys on here who talk sense and know the game mate, doesnt make them eligible to manage our club.

A confused one would have been better. Sorry about that. There are guys on here who talk sense and know the game mate, doesnt make them eligible to manage our club.

no there are ones who like to think they do, id say wilkins has likely forgotten more than the knowledge that flies around on here

People forget Sir Alex Ferguson was sacked by Saint Mirren and was mightily close to the sack at OT before he became the greatest manager Manchester United ever had.

I reckon Terry could do a job at Ibrox if given the chance. He has obviously learned from past mistakes in his managerial career and as an ex Ranger he knows the demands of the club.

Having said that , he wouldn't be my first choice and I while I can't really see it happening - stranger things have happened.

The minute he took a swipe at my idol Davie Cooper is the minute i would like him to keep his distance from any position at Ibrox.

He has done well in some places and shit at others. Nothing that would make him a stand out for a job.

Plus we have a new manager ready to step in....why do we need to be looking for another???? :rolleyes:

What did he say about Coop?

Alex McLeish had roughly the same experience (Bastards man united just scored ),where was I? OH i, as big Tel had when Alex got the Gers job.

Ally made s mess of cup games he was in charge of not so long ago.He took us to extra time and two replays against diddy teams and a player got injured.

Can't remember exactly what games,one was St Mirren I think.I would've given him a chance.

Alex McLeish had roughly the same experience (Bastards man united just scored ),where was I? OH i, as big Tel had when Alex got the Gers job.

Ally made s mess of cup games he was in charge of not so long ago.He took us to extra time and two replays against diddy teams and a player got injured.

Can't remember exactly what games,one was St Mirren I think.I would've given him a chance.

did ally have full control?

Ally had full control of Scottish Cup games and probably Laegue Cup games as well.

But did he? i have heard in the past that McCoist should be nowhere near us as manager due to him being in control of the cup games, i aint so sure he was, and if so im sure th same limitations would apply to ally as they had been to walter in terms of selection and the likes, i still aint read he had full control off this

I've seen that mentioned before aswell. No one seems to come up with an answer.

can i add greig and co, as i have read comments about they need to get too fukk and i dont know why? just curious i missed summit

Yeah, until he got stuck and had to get Walter down to sort the mess out for him.

So walter never did his usuall and start in the stands, i aint looking just for a disagreement but i still have heard nowt from anyone apart from posters claiming it, surely he would have been mentioned as being in control after winning a trophy?

So walter never did his usuall and start in the stands, i aint looking just for a disagreement but i still have heard nowt from anyone apart from posters claiming it, surely he would have been mentioned as being in control after winning a trophy?

I have no idea. It was someone on here who noticed it.

If he wasn't an ex Rangers captain no one would even suggest him as a future manager. What has he done in managerial career? Part from getting sacked from various clubs?

To be completely fair to him he does seem to be able to beat septic when they least want to be beaten ... that's twice he's done it now :happy:

I can't see anything where Butcher 'takes a swipe' at Cooper. No idea if he did or not, but considering most quotes I can find regards that Butcher is full of admiration and calls Cooper a friend I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

Still don't nessecarily want him as manager, we already have a manager so its futile discussing who will replace a guy who hasn't even started yet whatever anyone might think as to how he 'will' do.

Not a chance after he stabbed us in the back during the uefa fiasco ... and I say that as someone who loved him as a player

Cmon mate, what's he supposed to say when asked about it. Ally is more or less the same every time he's asked, which is more or less at every interview he gives. Wish he would just tell them where to go. BTW wouldn't have butcher, like it's already been said, ok with the smaller clubs.

To be completely fair to him he does seem to be able to beat septic when they least want to be beaten ... that's twice he's done it now :happy:

He does help us out like that, but I think my point still stands what has he really done managerial wise?