Jelavic & Hooper.

we know jelavic is fantastic,who cares what anyone else thinks?

it could work to our advantage if there isn't a media frenzy surrounding him anyway.

no offers come in for him...

and he stays with us forever and ever and ever and ever....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen Jalavic getting a £35 million price tag?

I saw them say that hooper should be worth this in one paper. Can't remember which one though.

I couldn't believe it when i saw it. I think it came out around the same time as Rooney signed that new deal for man united.

I think you're reading what Lennon said a bit too literally saying that Hooper scored more than Carroll in the championship yet Carroll is worth £35m.

Are people honestly trying to claim Hooper is like Kris Boyd? Really? Hooper offers much more outside the box than Boyd every did. His link-up play is pretty decent, I know people can be biased because he is a scum player but come on.

As for the comments about Hooper going missing against us the last couple of games that's true but Jelavic never showed up in old firm games this year. Hooper has 3 goals, 1 assist against us. Not bad for being like Kris Boyd.

Are you fucking mental?

Jelavic never showed up in the 3-0 game could not keep possession, was pretty quiet in the 2-2 game. That was mainly down to our formation and people commented on the tactics during both games.

Would still expect more from a £4 million striker even if he was playing the lone striker role.

Even when the ball didnt come near him and he had 2 men marking him all game? <cr> Not much he can do when we play like that.

Jelavic never showed up in the 3-0 game could not keep possession, was pretty quiet in the 2-2 game. That was mainly down to our formation and people commented on the tactics during both games.

Would still expect more from a £4 million striker even if he was playing the lone striker role.

Jelavic never showed up in the 3-0 game but he absolutely raped them in the 2-2 game.

He gave them a torrid time.

Tbh mate I've seen Lafferty play that role against Celtic before and did better, the likes of Miller, JCD, Cousin have played the role effectively and cost much less.

Jelavic is a class act, but I expected more in those couple of games. Was it due to him not being fully fit, probably. Was merely pointing out that because a player does not perform in an old firm game that he is regarded as poor or like Boyd.

Are you grudging paying £4m for him? Maybe they have done better, but look at the Celtic teams they were up against. :rolleyes: The Celtic defence this season is statistically their strongest for years.

(tu)

what game were you watching, he pulled their back line all over the place in that match

If I'm being completely honest I wouldn't mind pairing them up and having a front line of Hooper and Jelavic.

Would agree, is the kind of player to play off of Jelavic, Shame it will never happen

Were the fuck did I say that? Are you telling me the likes of Mulgrew and Big baldy are better than their previous defenders? Both are shocking. :lol:

Could not care less about their stats this year. We have a better defence than them but have lost more goals. Man United are regarded as the best back 5 in world football yet they have shipped more goals than Chelsea this season. :rolleyes:

The same game that Celtic dominated and had about 60% possession with ten men? We could not keep the ball especially second half. Go look in the match thread and read the comments about that day.

You were shouting about JCD, Lafferty etc etc and said "and they cost less" As if his price tag meant something, that is all. (tu)

Yeah, statistically they are better.

How can we have a better defence when we have conceded many more goals? Our defending this year has been shambolic. Regarded as best back 5 by who? I dont share that view, at all.

Dont think that last part applies to me.

(tu)

Hooper's a poacher, a pretty good one but offers little when he isn't inside the 6 yard box. Jelavic does a hell of a lot more than that and is a much more capable all-round player.

Jelavic has on the whole not been brilliant in Old Firms but in the one that really mattered (the Cup Final) he showed his true value and ability to everyone.

In the other Old Firm matches he was nowhere near his best but I put that solely down to us being scared of that lot and going way too defensive.

Hooper is a cracking goalscorer in my opinion and he has been a great signing for them but Jelavic's overall play and ability is a far better and I'd have the big man of that wee tit anyday.

Let's see how many goals Hooper can score and create when he's playing an isolated lone striker role. I'm guessing none.

Nah mate was just meaning I expect to see more from him in a similar role as he will most likely play on his own in Europe next season. As said before it may be due to his fitness levels. Still think he has the ability to play that role even-though others might not agree. Guy is a class act and we must keep onto him as long as possible.

We've had many injuries and problems in that area this season bud. Many people around the world go on about their defence? I'm with you on that one though. (tu)

Would you not rather have our back five than theirs for a whole season?

What makes you say that? :( I dont think he will be happy with that either, never mind us. He is a class act and deserves a footballer to play next to him, he deserves a partner.

Yes, but i would have to pick the midfield to protect it. We have been over run too easily this year despite playing so negatively for so long. Man for man, we do have the better players, but as a team, defending from the front, they have been better. As an attacking force we are better, but thats not the debate. Just in case anyone calls me a tim for saying they defend better! :lol:

The £35m tag was to do with Andy Carroll because Hooper had scored more goals than Carroll in the Championship last season...it wasnt a serious valuation more a point laughing at Carrolls pricce tag.

As someone else said, Jelavic has been praised highly IMO. Everyone has been saying how good he is tims and all!

Just have a feeling Ally will be cautious in Europe, hopefully I'm wrong mate and we have Jelavic up top with Naismith or Goodwillie. Said many times we should never go 4-5-1 in any SPL game and should be more attacking in Europe against certain teams. Unless we are up against Barcelona/Real Madrid/Man United etc we should be attack minded next year.

Fuck off timmy ;)

1 up front took the enjoyment out the game for me this season.

:)(tu)