I'll be El of a boss like Walter

EL HADJI DIOUF wants to become the new Walter Smith when he hangs up his boots.

The on-loan Rangers ace is desperate to get his coaching badges because he is determined to become a boss in his own right.

He's already targeting a role as Senegal manager and plans to use outgoing Ibrox gaffer Smith as his inspiration to raise the standards of African football.

Diouf said: "Africans simply do not like professionalism. Mediocrity rules. That's why we'll never advance, especially if we continue to give jobs to coaches who appoint friends who sell coconuts in markets as their assistants.

"That's why I'm currently killing myself to pass my coaching badges. I've watched the likes of Jose Mourinho, Pep Guardiola, Sam Allardyce and Walter Smith work.

"I'm going to try and reproduce what they do. I give myself four or five years more as a player, then after that I'll head back home to help people.

"I will say thanks to the Lord and I'll think about my new career as a coach with a club and the national team sooner or later."

Diouf, who will return to Blackburn this summer, believes he'll be remembered in Senegal for HUNDREDS of years after his career playing in England and now with Gers.

He explained: "I'm the only Senegalese player who has racked up 200 Premier League matches, the best championship in the world. You can take your hat off to me. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a professional and be well known, but El Hadji Diouf surpassed his limits.

"I know that my children will hear talk of their father for centuries. I've just been named the best Senegal player of the last 50 years. My challenge is to remain best for the next 50."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3567605/Ill-be-El-of-a-boss-like-Walt.html#ixzz1LnweKvUm

Got to love El Hadji :crabflute:

Sure knows how to nlow his own trumpet :lol:

Africans simply do not like professionalism. Mediocrity rules. That's why we'll never advance, especially if we continue to give jobs to coaches who appoint friends who sell coconuts in markets as their assistants.

Fucking hell, what a quote haha!

Someone created a topic on here a few days back asking:

"What's the most cringeworthy thing you heard/seen from a Rangers player"

Or something similar. Well for me this trumps the lot.

:lol:

I've watched the likes of Jose Mourinho, Pep Guardiola, Sam Allardyce and Walter Smith work.

Sir Alex Ferguson is about the same as Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola, does Diouf not get on with him?

Nothing wrong with him wanting to do that and seems to really want to do it. Good for him.

Decent players have went on to be top class managers.

Not saying if he gets his coaching badges he will be as good ovcourse but.

Jose Mourinho - Cocky as fuck , Decent player , wind up merchant

El Hadji Diouf - Cocky as fuck , Decent player , wind up merchant

"I'm the only Senegalese player who has racked up 200 Premier League matches, the best championship in the world. You can take your hat off to me. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a professional and be well known, but El Hadji Diouf surpassed his limits."

:lol: :lol: :lol: