Gregsy: Give me a call Craig

Gregsy: Give me a call Craig

By ROGER HANNAH

Published: Today

Add a comment Add a comment (0)

ALLAN McGREGOR wants new Rangers owner Craig Whyte to PHONE him and start contract talks.

Turkish giants Galatasaray and Bursaspor are lining up summer swoops for the Ibrox No1. But Whyte claimed his takeover could stop McGregor being pushed towards an exit.

The keeper said: "It was pleasing to hear the new owner wants to open talks.

"I just hope someone has passed on my phone number to him so he can get in touch!

"I only found out when he came in the other day that if he hadn't come in I would have been flogged in the summer.

"I don't know what the situation is - I've not heard anything as yet."

McGregor is already considering a SIX-YEAR contract extension offer.

But sources in Turkey last night confirmed that Bursaspor want Gregsy to join Kenny Miller, below, and they expect to have talks on a deal with Gers on Monday.

Bursaspor's rivals Galatasaray are also in the hunt for the £6million-rated Scotland No1 but McGregor wants personal talks with Whyte to seal his future just days before Gers seek to clinch Three in a Row.

McGregor added: "Right now, there are more important things to worry about.

"After the end of the season, I hope my phone goes and we can sit down.

"I'd be more than happy to open contract discussions." Whyte also wants Steven Davis, Steven Whittaker and Madjid Bougherra to pen new deals.

And McGregor, the Clydesdale Bank Player of the Month for April, is also looking forward to a bumper £10m transfer war chest for boss- in-waiting Ally McCoist.

He added: "For the club in general, it is hopefully going to be a good thing that there might be fresh money available now.

"It'd be good to make sure we keep most of the current squad and try and make it even stronger for next season by bringing some new players in."

McGregor is thrilled to have won the Player of the Month award.

His clean sheet in the 2-0 win over Dundee United on Tuesday extended his shut-out record to eight in the last nine SPL games.

He said: "It's nice to win awards like this.

"I've been happy with my form recently and we haven't been conceding many goals but that isn't just down to me.

"I make saves when I'm required to do so but the lads in front of me deserve credit too.

"We're a team that defends from the front so it's been a real team effort."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3575941/Gregsy-Give-me-a-call-Craig.html#ixzz1M5vTHM5T

He is better than AG IMO mate, the only way is up for Allan McGregor

You must be young, he has a long way to go before he can be put in front of Goram.

Not yet, Andy Goram produced form that lasted 5/6 seasons before dipping.

McGregor has a bit to go yet.

Heard it all before, he has two years left on his contract and if he wants to stay at Rangesr for the rest of his career then Rangers will accomodate him. However the cynic in me is reading it as I've got offesr from elsewhere so up my wages or I'm offski

Joining Bursaspor would be such a monumental mistake

He's not a veteran out for a last pay day. He should either be at a club who wins trophies every year, or who play in one of the world's best leagues. Not fucking about for some nobody team in Turkey

WHOA, IN THE NAME OF PETE, he has a long LONG way to go before he's up there with andy goram

however gregsy is a legend in the making with some of the saves he pulls off, just wow

ALLAN MCGREGOR last night admitted he’s desperate for face-to-face talks with Craig Whyte on his Ibrox future.

Allan McGregor is ready to pen a new deal with the Light blues if they can come up with a pay hike to match anything he would receive in the Premiership.

New Ibrox owner Whyte has already gone on record to state that he wants to keep the £8 million-rated keeper at the club.

Now a meeting between the owner and the keeper is imminent with Rangers fans praying Whyte can come up with the package to keep the 30-year-old at the club.

McGregor would become the highest paid player at Rangers on wages topping £28,000 a week if he agrees a deal with Whyte and pens an extension to the current contract which expires in 2013.

Last night McGregor said: “It was pleasing to here the new owner wants to open talks. I just hope someone has passed on my phone number to him so he can get in touch.

“I only found out when he came in and spoke to the press that if he hadn’t taken over I would have been flogged in the summer! I don’t know what the situation is and I’ve not heard anything as of yet. Right now, there are more important things to worry about. We have a league championship to try and win.

“After that, I hope my phone goes and we can sit down and have a discussion. I’d be more than happy to open up contract discussions.For the club in general, it is hopefully going to be a good thing that there might be fresh money available now. It would be good to make sure we keep most of the current squad and try and make it even stronger for next season by bringing some new players in.”