L.A noire

jafrfc

Could you give us a sense of how open the world is? And what kind of activities we can take part in while not on a mission?

Jeronimo Barrera: The world is completely open for you to travel through at all times, but the focus of the game is not the same as a Grand Theft Auto or Red Dead Redemption. This time, the city is a backdrop for the incredibly accurate real-world locations and crime scenes that Cole Phelps explores on his way to solving each case. The game has been crafted to seamlessly blend classic cops-and-robbers style action with dynamic interrogations and searching for suspects in a way that one doesn't distract from the other.

There are ambient events within the game world that you will hear more about in the weeks ahead, like unassigned cases or robberies in progress that you can take on outside of the main story, but the focus is on Cole's progression through the ranks of the LAPD and the events that unfold as a result.

It's a very intense game because we ask you to listen very carefully to what has been said and to remember names, places and clues, as well as decide whether you can believe what someone is saying. It's going to be a very new experience for our audience but one we think they are very ready for.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it today and have played a bit of it.

It isn't free roam like in GTA. You have to do the missions and if you fail in any way to do them you have to go back and do the right thing. So basically there is only one outcome. Even when you are questioning someone, if you have the wrong reaction you have to do it again until yo get the right one.

So much potential, if they allowed you to make errors and almost create your own identity of a cop, then it would be a fantastic game. But it is a bit too restrictive for me so far.

Nah there's not. On the back of the box it just has "network features".

(tu) shame could have been good , some cops , some murderers etc would have been fun , just read the review in the paper and it states that you can do side missions while out of the main mission etcs to break up the play a bit , they gave it 4.5 out of 5 , looking forward to playing it .

A lot of people will dismiss it outright as its not GTA or RDR but it was never meant to be like them whatsoever this is a new genre for the consoles in recent times and from what i read about it , it's a visually stunning game with some really gritty stories :D

It sort of feels like an interactive movie. The start reminds me of the game 'Fahrenheit'.

It's growing on me a bit, not exactly blown away though.

My expecation was high though.

Regarding the graphics, at times they look really average then other times really impressive.