***The Suggestions Thread***

GHarvey

Heard that Kenny says he isn't enjoying life in Turkey, anyone got any views on a move back to Ibrox?

Says on the beeb website today that he may return to Rangers.

I would take him back for a year or two. Miller won the SPL Golden Boot and he only played half the season with Rangers. Imagine him and Jelavic together for an entire season!

100% wrong, apart from the sell on value part.

Your saying we couldn't afford his wages ?

He plays for fucking Utrecht.

The fee is all guesswork, but I don't see anybody paying over 5million for a striker who has 2 years left on his contract and only scored 13 goals in the Eridivisie.

He is a good player with plenty of potential but he doesn't play in the best of leagues and its not as if he plays for one of the bigger teams in the league.

Your saying we couldn't afford his wages ?

He plays for fucking Utrecht.

The fee is all guesswork, but I don't see anybody paying over 5million for a striker who has 2 years left on his contract and only scored 13 goals in the Eridivisie.

He is a good player with plenty of potential but he doesn't play in the best of leagues and its not as if he plays for one of the bigger teams in the league.

Who is after him, and what they pay, is more important than where he is now.

Who is after him, and what they pay, is more important than where he is now.

If a big EPL club came in then obviously we wouldn't be able to compete in terms of wages but right now we could afford his wages.

He was linked with Liverpool last season im sure but nothing ever came of it.

We have been linked to him for a while now and the fee suggested is always around the 4million mark.

Says on the beeb website today that he may return to Rangers.

I would take him back for a year or two. Miller won the SPL Golden Boot and he only played half the season with Rangers. Imagine him and Jelavic together for an entire season!

We would have won the league long before the last fixture if Miller had stayed for the second half of the season. While I dont like players "turning their back" on us, I cant help but feel Miller didn't really have much choice when it came to leaving. Nobody wants to run down their contract at his age then potentially have to scrap for his future if Rangers decided not to give him a new contract. Then there's the money scenario I don't even want to get started on because it riles people up on this forum.

And for what its worth I would have the guy back in a heartbeat, proven goalscorer and the perfect fold for Jelavic

I'm sure they can, they just don't want to (tu)

Been on SSN a few times today that Newcastle are not offering him a new deal as when they discussed it in January they couldnt meet his demands.

His basic wage is 60-65k a week and he wanted more!

Would love to see.

As for everyone saying we'd never afford it, we should at least try!

If we stick in a few of cheeky bids for these kinds of players, no matter who is linked with them, we're bound to get at least one.

Nice one, not a lover of watching world football tbh.

Tend to stick to Rangers, SPL, the Premiership and sometimes a bit of Spanish football. Sometimes football can be quite boring if I don't have a vested interest I find.

Watching our team over the last few years tested my resolve but thankfully i pulled through!

I don't think it would hurt to have a couple of veteran champions league level players, it's the only way they're affordable unless we find a relatively unknown player like Jelavic. A lot of clubs of similar size to us in the champions league do this, Panathinaikos spring to mind though think they are massive spenders now. I

Really good suggestion djw . Yes , he's the wrong side of thirty , but Italian centre halfs over the years have played well into their thirties , and at the top level aswell .

Obviously wages would be a factor , but I think this would be a really good option for ally . Lots of experience , and with younger legs ( bartley ) beside him , he would be a big success in the spl and in Europe IMO .