Could We Get Souness Aboard As Investor ?

Guardian

I reckon the return of Souness to the board would be a massive lift to the club. He has previously indicated he wanted to buy into a club and has the money, contacts and profile to do so.

Some have wondered if Mr Whyte is a front for someone else. Who knows ? but if it was Souness, I'd be a happy bear.

I can't see where he could raise enough money, however I'd like him involved somehow.

Would he be qualified to takeover chief exec job?

If he wants it, who's got the balls to tell him he cant have it?

:craphead:

Souness is a football man not a business man. No football men should be anywhere near the boardroom. I hope that reputable businessmen are installed at board level so that we are run properly. Just in the same sense i hope no business man is involved in football matters.

Souness is a football man not a business man. No football men should be anywhere near the boardroom. I hope that reputable businessmen are installed at board level so that we are run properly. Just in the same sense i hope no business man is involved in football matters.

Tbf ur last sentence sums up "season 2010/11"

Lloyds ran the show.

I understand that he's not a business man, what about director of football maybe?

Wholeheartedly agree with this (tu)

Thats John Greig out a job then.

If souness has money to invest and can offer us something at board level then I say hell yeah.

You need football men in the boardroom because you'll struggle to be successful if you only have people who are interested in the balance sheet

I think if we hadnt had football men in the boardroom the last couple of years then the likes of Davis, McGregor etc would have been cashed in on.

Not sure how this would work but all investors have to be welcome. As for Souness getting involved at board level, hes a good public figure who certainly wouldnt take any shit from the likes of Reid n Liewell but not sure how qualified he is as far as chief exec. etc is concerned. Also, wasnt his n Super Allys relationship pretty strained so might not go down to well.