Emilson Sanchez Cribari

PaulRFC1

ALLY McCOIST is weighing up a move for Samba stopper Emilson Sanchez Cribari.

The new Rangers boss has been offered the chance to sign the Brazilian defender from Italian outfit Napoli.

Cribari, 31, is available on a free transfer after being told he can quit the Serie A side.

The big centre half has been tipped for a return to his homeland with Brazilian cracks Botafogo leading the chase to land him.

Cribari's agents have also been working to get him offers from clubs in the UK.

McCoist has been running the rule over him as he ponders offering him a deal.

The new Gers gaffer is desperate to sign a defender with Davie Weir's future uncertain.

The 41-year-old could be offered a new 12-month deal but would NOT be expected to play throughout the season.

Madjid Bougherra is also likely to attract attention this summer.

Meanwhile, Turkish outfit Bursaspor's move to tempt both Allan McGregor and Steven Whittaker to Turkey last night appeared to have stalled.

Reports there claim £5million-rated keeper McGregor - also wanted by Aston Villa - is too expensive.

They are now eyeing Stijn Stijnen of Club Brugge in Belgium.

Bursa believe they could land Whittaker, with only one year left on his deal, for £1m.

It's understood, however, that McCoist will fight to keep him.

Gers have received NO formal bid as yet.

Bursa hitman Kenny Miller, who has struggled to adapt to life in Turkey, has been linked with a THIRD spell at Gers.

McCoist is looking at other options with Israeli Tomer Hemed a target Gers received a major boost yesterday when they were confirmed as top seeds for the Champions League third qualifying round. Should they reach the final qualifying round they'd again be seeded.

Celtic look certain to be seeded in the final qualifying round for the Europa League.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3613972/Coisty-eyes-Samba-stopper.html#ixzz1O4UxfF00

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Stijn Stijnen guy mentioned in there is a bit of a character.

Seen this guy playing a few times and he always looked like pure defender with absolutely nothing else to his game. He'll put up a brick wall and nothing will get past, but half the time his distribution is so poor the ball will just go right back to the opposition immediately.

I like the fact that there is news. That keeps me busy looking into it all :lol:

As for the player, I don't know much about him but a player being told he can leave a club doesn't usually fill me with confidence.

Saying that, Napoli had a good team this year

Did he not start anonymously posting on message boards that the other goalie was shite? :lol:

So about Cribari...Strengths ? Weaknesses? Fill us in italian correspondant :lol:

Did he not start anonymously posting on message boards that the other goalie was shite? :lol:

Aye, lost his place in the Brugge side, then made up loads of accounts under assumed names on all the club messageboards, calling the other keeper a shite cunt, and talking about boycotting games unless he got his place back.

He went and got a banner made up and tried to get people to take it to a game etc, but he was found out and the club ditched him.

Seems like a proper mental.

Well he wasn't first choice at Napoli, but the few times he played and I watched, he acquitted himself well. Passed it out of defence instead of blootering it and looked reasonably sharp pace wise.

I don't really watch Lazio that much though, other than the Rome derby, where I singled him out for abuse due to his unnaturally long neck.

pahahah "ya fukin long necked bastard" better than "Ya fukin black necked bastard" i suppose.

Please dont ban me :ph34r:

I'll have to sleep on it :angry: :angry: :angry:

Just you think wisely or you wll be recieving Totti's toes through the post for every day i am banned. When i run out of toes i will move onto sections of foot/ankle and leg. Also they will be wrapped in Lazio scarves.

So think wisely :sherlock::ph34r:

Samba stopper is a bit of an oxymoron.

Not seen Cribari play but he seems decent.

You realise you just said ive not seen him play but he seems decent :lol:

Yes, thats why I said "seems decent" rather than "he is decent". I'm going by the accounts of others.

:lol: lol just coz you never said going by what djw said. As if you were just going out on a limb and taking a shot that hes decent :lol:

Is it only me that thinks having the word "Brazilian" before the word "defender" makes me think he's less likely to be any good?

David Luiz , Lucio , Juan , Alex , Thiago Silva , Mario Fernandes , Maicon , Dani Alves , Roberto Carlos , Cris , luisao , Marcelo , Rafael and Fabio Silva , Michel Bastos ,

All class defenders. Some better going forward but still class

David Luiz , Lucio , Juan , Alex , Thiago Silva , Mario Fernandes , Maicon , Dani Alves , Roberto Carlos , Cris , luisao , Marcelo , Rafael and Fabio Silva , Michel Bastos ,

All class defenders. Some better going forward but still class

They are no match for Davie weir tho :wink:

Is it only me that thinks having the word "Brazilian" before the word "defender" makes me think he's less likely to be any good?

Totally agree.

I know that the brazilians have some of the greatest defenders in the world yet this thought of whether they're any good comes to mind.