The Circular

spangles

confidently saying there is nothing to worry about is not the way to go.

expect the best prepare for the worst my old gran used to say.

What do these preparations involve?

Anyway, I'm a glass half full kind of guy and I'm delighted with that circular. Good news all round. Nothing we can do about it if the tax case goes wrong, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the debt IS cleared then. Excellent news (well for us who weren't doomsaying).

tut tut tut

Before you start -

The debt is cleared, but if the tax case goes against us, we will effectively have to borrow the money to pay for it.

Don't be bamboozled with folk trying to link the two things. They are insinuating we'll have the debt AND a tax bill.

This release confirms the previous debt is gone and we'll only need more if HMRC win, in which case we'll be back into a bit of debt but we still won't be run by banks.

We can't blame Whyte for the tax case.

If we were still unsold, we'd still have the original debt PLUS any tax liability, regardless of any daft rumours about Murray paying it, and a bank looking to shaft us.

This release is good news re the takeover, and it now means we need to get a good resolution from HMRC to complete the picture.

No doubt others will see plenty to try and spin from the statement.

confidently saying there is nothing to worry about is not the way to go.

expect the best prepare for the worst my old gran used to say.

It is if you know there's nothing to worry about. (tu)

Or should I make something up tae worry about just for the sake of it? doh

Rangers FC will not have to pay any substantial sums of money to HMRC.

If they have to pay anything at all, it will be a miniscule amount in comparison to the figures being pursued by HMRC by way of a "deal".

It's more than likely that it won't even come to a deal being struck.

Like I said earlier, there's no flies on Craigy Boy when it comes tae cash mate.

So, the debt IS cleared then. Excellent news (well for us who weren't doomsaying).

tut tut tut

Before you start -

The debt is cleared, but if the tax case goes against us, we will effectively have to borrow the money to pay for it.

Don't be bamboozled with folk trying to link the two things. They are insinuating we'll have the debt AND a tax bill.

This release confirms the previous debt is gone and we'll only need more if HMRC win, in which case we'll be back into a bit of debt but we still won't be run by banks.

If we were still unsold, we'd still have the original debt PLUS any tax liability, regardless of any daft rumours about Murray paying it, and a bank looking to shaft us.

This release is good news re the takeover, and it now means we need to get a good resolution from HMRC to complete the picture.

no it talks about insolvancy after the tax case. not just loosing the tax case.

If they have to pay anything at all, it will be a miniscule amount in comparison to the figures being pursued by HMRC by way of a "deal".

Like I said earlier, there's no flies on Craigy Boy when it comes tae cash mate.

you know nothing about the tax case. your just guessing.

if your happy leading people up that garden path thats up to you.

Blind faith. I mean, maybe he has a plan for that eventuality, but he hasn't outlined it (apart from the part where he doesn't waive the debt).

well if he doesn't waive it is because we are in insolvency because of hmrc.

under those circumstances we know what happens.

you know nothing about the tax case. your just guessing.

if your happy leading people up that garden path thats up to you.

I'm not guessing, and I'm not leading anyone.

I'm giving my take on it (with the info I have on the matter).

If anyone's guilty of leading the fans up the garden path, it's the doomsday merchants who never seem to miss an opportunity do do just that.

You could put the kettle on for them appearing on here whenever the opportunity arises.

nothing.

thats my point. we dont know what will happen no one does.

That must be the most stupid thing I've ever read on any forum mate.

Of course there are people who know about the case, and what will most likely be the outcome.

Craig Whyte and HMRC will come to an agreement on this for the benefit of all (except, as they say, the people who don't want an acceptable outcome).

tut tut tut

Before you start -

I like you, I enjoy your posts, have a rep

I like you, I enjoy your posts, Have a rep.

That must be the most stupid thing I've ever read on any forum mate.

Of course there are people who know about the case, and what will most likely be the outcome.

Craig Whyte and HMRC will come to an agreement on this for the benefit of all (except, as they say, the people who don't want an acceptable outcome).

why use the the phrase most likely if i am wrong.

i knew barca a would most likely hump man utd but not a person in the world knew it for sure.

no one knows what will happen. no decision has been made and even if it had it would be subject to appeal.

your claiming to know the future. now thats stupid.