Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

If we were to believe what the papers said, Allan McGregor would have left in the last 5 transfer windows! And Bougherra and Davis would have left in the last three.

If they say 100 things and 10 actually happen they talk about how they predicted those 10 things and sweep the other 90 right under the carpet.

FUCK THE PAPERS! I'll believe a story when I hear it from an official source :)

if we sign a back up striking target who turns out to be brilliant and save ourselves 750 k and goodwillie ends up in the clink I will be very happy with you mr whyte .

Im not Mr Whyte

People jumping the gun as usual on here, believing what they're reading. We can compete with the English clubs, we just dont think hes worth 2m, that doesnt mean we dont have the 2m to spend.

We want 6 players?

Whether it's 5 or 10 million we have that's a big chunk of our budget.

It's early days and we may be holding back cash for a marquee signing.

Panic merchants.

People need to relax, maybe even take some time off from this place haha, and let the club take care of things.

I Dont see how sitting on here crying and throwing the toys out the pram is going to change Ally or Whytes opinions on players.

Rangers look set to miss out on another of their transfer targets as Nottingham Forest and Blackpool last night joined the race for £2million-rated Dundee United striker David Goodwillie.

The Ibrox club have already watched Israeli striker Tomer Hemed and Scotland cap Craig Conway slip through their grasp, while the fee Aston Villa want for Carlos Cuellar remains prohibitive. Now Goodwillie also appears ready to snub Rangers’ advances.

Wanted: David Goodwillie

Cardiff City have made their intentions clear to the Tannadice hierarchy about linking up the 22-year-old with former team-mate Conway, who moved to the Welsh capital on a free transfer.

United chairman Stephen Thompson is also expecting to hear from two of their Championship promotion rivals.

Blackpool manager Ian Holloway has long been an admirer of the Scotland international, who struck 19 goals last season, and wants him to spearhead their bid to make a quick return to the Barclays Premier League.

New Forest manager Steve McClaren holds Goodwillie in similar esteem. The financial might of the English game may well be too strong for Goodwillie to resist.

However, the controversial forward, who is preparing to face Drogheda in a friendly for United in Ireland today, has also been told by friends and colleagues that a move to the melting pot of Glasgow would be ill-advised, considering the off-field baggage he already carries.

Goodwillie, charged with rape earlier this year, is due in court this week and expected to be charged with assault after an incident involving team-mates in Glasgow city centre last November.

If he does decide his future lies elsewhere, then it will be another blow to new Rangers manager Ally McCoist, who is a massive fan of the United star’s talents. However, the pain of that snub would be substantially eased if McCoist negotiates a third Ibrox return for Kenny Miller.

The Bursaspor forward has not settled in Turkey since landing a £50,000-a-week deal and would be open to a return home.

His colossal wages are a stumbling block, but if Miller lowered his personal salary sights to the terms he rejected at Rangers last autumn then the Scottish champions could do business.

The Scotland striker remains close to McCoist, who would love to link him with Nikica Jelavicafter Rangers were starved of options last season due to the Croatian’s knee injury and the January departure of Miller.

Meanwhile, in a further twist, Bursaspor last night insisted they will tie up a £1m deal for Steven Whittaker this week. The versatile Scotland star is mulling over a new contract offer at Ibrox and the Turkish side have already had four bids rejected by Rangers.

Bursaspor’s transfer director Erkan Kamat said: ‘We want to bring Whittaker to our training camp as soon as possible. We have agreed a deal in principle with him and we need to reach agreement with Rangers.

‘I will return to the UK on Monday and I expect Whittaker to sign this week.’ Bursaspor also hope to tie up former Celtic loan midfielder Landry N’Guemo.

The Turkish side splashed out £2m last week for former West Brom and England goalkeeper Scott Carson. And they expect to be able to seal the deal for Whittaker in the coming days, too. My link

One thing I cant understand is the valuation of him, 2M is a good deal imo. He's proven goalscorer in the SPL and won young player of the year twice. His goals are quality too, his overhead kick against Motherwell and lob against Ross County stand out for me.

The strange thing is, there is an article on the website with Ness wanting him to come...

Either we are being really frugal, or Whyte has a trick up his sleeve.

if we sign a back up striking target who turns out to be brilliant and save ourselves 750 k and goodwillie ends up in the clink I will be very happy with you mr whyte .

Also why take that risk when you can get a PROVEN spl goalscorer who we know will do the business for us <cr>

We want 6 players?

Whether it's 5 or 10 million we have that's a big chunk of our budget.

It's early days and we may be holding back cash for a marquee signing.

Panic merchants.

Agree mate, we where promised 25m over 5 seasons, that wasnt 5 milion a season, and that wasnt including what the club made in europe etc...

We could spend 12m this season on getting 5 or 6 young quality players on 4-5 year deals and then only spend 3 million next season on a few squad players. Members on here need to take some time off from the doom and gloom stuff, go book a holiday haha !!

Everyone saying 2m is a great deal for Goodwillie, i think hes a great player and i would pay that yesterday for him. But if we come out at the end of this and have him signed for 1.5m is it not worth it ?

I'd like to see Goodwillie here I think he would flourish on the park at least. There is a part of me that thinks he could implode off the park, I'd have more confidence in the wee rascal knuckling down if Walter was his manager. I would still take the chance on him if it way my call, which it isn't I'm a gas engineer.

Whyte can just fuking give it a rest now with the interviews and let the real football people get on with it behind the scenes.

Everyone saying 2m is a great deal for Goodwillie, i think hes a great player and i would pay that yesterday for him. But if we come out at the end of this and have him signed for 1.5m is it not worth it ?

Does it matter in the grand scheme of things when we are pretty much guaranteed a profit for him if he moves on after a few years

Does it matter in the grand scheme of things when we are pretty much guaranteed a profit for him if he moves on after a few years

Are we ? do players never fail at Rangers ? can players not pick up Injuries at Rangers ?

All of a sudden Whyte seems to be the bad guy after saving us to to and alot of people on here.

Also why take that risk when you can get a PROVEN spl goalscorer who we know will do the business for us <cr>

for starters , it wouldn't be so much of a risk if were paying half the money . It's also I little strange that your willing to RISK completely wasting 2 million pounds on a guy that could end up in jail , yet your unwilling to risk half that amount say for another player that the scouts and manager would deem good enough for the club .

Or are you just another one of the blinkered masses who wants to swing every arguement in the cunts favour because it seems on here that the only allowed opinion is that this guys the best thing since sliced bread .

I'm firmly in mr whytes corner here , IMO he's not worth 2 million pounds , and if mr whyte feels the same then he is perfectly right not to part with HIS money .