Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

Its always been blatantly obvious that Dundee Utd will eventually get there £2m.

We don't think he is worth the £2m.

Other teams will eventually pay it which means we won't be signing him.

then we fucking better have other targets in mind

This whole "England will benefit him" thing is a load of pish. I can't name one player that has become a regular in the national team and made a name for himself by choosing the Championship over the Old Firm.

ross mcormack?

dorrans?

griffiths?

then we fucking better have other targets in mind

Doesn't matter how many targets we have, if we don't match a team valuation then we won't get the player.

If we won't pay £2m for a prove SPL goalscorer. A young lad with bags of potential who knows the Scottish game inside out and would seem to be a perfect partner for Jelavic.

£2m is a steal and if we don't wanna pay that then we are not gonna get any better elsewhere in my opinion. Especially if we go out of Europe.

No foreigner of the same ability and age of Goodwille will only cost £2m and they certainly won't wanna come here without the chance of CL football.

Goodwillie is our best option.

Doesn't matter how many targets we have, if we don't match a team valuation then we won't get the player.

If we won't pay £2m for a prove SPL goalscorer. A young lad with bags of potential who knows the Scottish game inside out and would seem to be a perfect partner for Jelavic.

£2m is a steal and if we don't wanna pay that then we are not gonna get any better elsewhere in my opinion. Especially if we go out of Europe.

No foreigner of the same ability and age of Goodwille will only cost £2m and they certainly won't wanna come here without the chance of CL football.

Goodwillie is our best option.

why should we bid 2 million when its clear no one else will.

1.8 on sky sports. the longer we leave it for goodwillie the more they will want..

no they won't, they just want 2million, they know noone will pay anymore than that. FFS no one has even offered 2million yet for him.

so theres no chance anyone will pay more than that for him.

Why bid at all if we are not even going to try and match a teams valuation?

Dundee Utd will get there £2m and it won't be from us.

He is worth £2m and Dundee Utd have every right to hold out for it and I'll say they'll get it before the window is shut.

I've been away since tuesday with no internet, can anyone give me an update on all transfer news please, goodwillie, cuellar, verhoek, juhasz etc etc and any new targets. Bids put in, rejected, accepted etc.

Theres rep available :craphead:

All I've seen so far is juhasz bid rejected and Bartley could be coming back?

We wull know in the next8 hours (what a dick I look for using that phrase) (what a dick I look for using that phrase) :21:

Why bid at all if we are not even going to try and match a teams valuation?

Dundee Utd will get there £2m and it won't be from us.

He is worth £2m and Dundee Utd have every right to hold out for it and I'll say they'll get it before the window is shut.

dundee hibs have to sell.

did any club meet rangers valuations when we were having a fire sale over the last 3 years?

by your logic we should up our cuellar bid by a million and double our lee wallacce fee.

He's not wrong about Glasgow though, it's full of cowardly scum (I don't mean tims) and wannabe hard men.

It's not even about football, football is a convenient excuse/reason as most Glaswegians will have a preference between the old firm but having been born here and lived my whole life here I can say without any doubt in my mind that a lot of Glaswegians are just arseholes.

As I said, been here all my life so my opinion isn't based on media sensationalism, I see evidence to back up what Houston has said on an almost weekly basis, I am sure a lot of the UK is the same but if he moves to somewhere like Cardiff or Blackpool, half of the town/city isn't automatically going to hate him just because of who he plays for, for most of Glasgow it will be banter at games and on the street but for a large amount of people it will be a lot more, especially with someone who won't take any shit.

Anyone that wants to try their luck with Goodwillie probably will have a weapon next time, it's well documented he can handle himself and almost all of Glasgow will be fully aware of that.

I would still like to see him sign for us, he is a big boy and can make his own decisions but Houston isn't wrong imo.

Yeah, I understand that.

I've been to Glasgow numerous times and most of the people I've met have been friendly, and I'm planning on moving down sooner rather than later but yeah, there is also another element to it.

But he doesn't have to live in Glasgow, I'm sure the guy has a drivers licence so he could move away to one of the nearby towns or even Edinburgh.

dundee hibs have to sell.

did any club meet rangers valuations when we were having a fire sale over the last 3 years?

by your logic we should up our cuellar bid by a million and double our lee wallacce fee.

I know transfer fees and valuations are negotiable but Dundee Utd have made their stance and seem to be sticking to it.

Blackburn have had a reported £1.8m bid rejected. IF this is indeed true it shows that Dundee Utd really do want £2m.

And what firesale?

We got £2m for Thomson which seemed fair considering his contract status and being injury prone.

We got £2m (rising to £5m) for Wilson considering he wanted to leave and also his contract status. This was only after one season playing in the first team.

The rest of the players we sold we pretty much forced out the door and didn't really have any valuations for them.

Goodwillie with 2 years on his contract is worth £2m and Dundee Utd will get it.

ross mcormack?

dorrans?

griffiths?

Crying out for a player like dorrans as well!! Must have slipped by our top notch scouts when he was younger as av seen him at a lot of games and seems to be a big rangers fan.

Yeah, I understand that.

I've been to Glasgow numerous times and most of the people I've met have been friendly, and I'm planning on moving down sooner rather than later but yeah, there is also another element to it.

But he doesn't have to live in Glasgow, I'm sure the guy has a drivers licence so he could move away to one of the nearby towns or even Edinburgh.

True, but would he be sensible enough to stay away from Glasgow?

True, but would he be sensible enough to stay away from Glasgow?

I'm not sure.

Unless Ally took him under his wing, I know he can't have his boss look after him 24/7 because he's a young lad, he'll just have to promise to keep his head down and stick to it.

The bidding seems to be edging towards the £2m mark, Blackburns offer was apparently £1.7m. The simple fact is if we really want him, we have to pay £2m. I personally think that Ally is very keen on him, but I don't believe we have the finances to get all the players in that we require, hence the haggling and low bidding. It would be different if we only needed a striker and maybe one other. Our squad is in need of 6 or 7 players of a certain standard. So far we have three in and managed to do that relatively cheap, but with the exception of Goian, I can't see them being regulars. I realistically think we have around another £4m left in the coffers and any money we get for Bougherra. It's not a lot to spend on potentially 4 first teamers. That's why if guys like Odonkor can prove themselves it will leave extra money for other positions. I am personally just glad we have kept hold of McGregor and Davis as without them the situation would be a whole lot worse.