Kirk Broadfoot

Kirk Broadfoot today told new Rangers boss Ally McCoist he is the long-term answer to the Ibrox club’s centre-half problem.

With Madjid Bougherra wanting to leave and Davie Weir now 41, McCoist is desperately trying to draft new players into the key position.

But fit-again Broadfoot, left, reckons he can do a job there for the Gers in the 2011/12 season – and beyond.

He said: “Centre-half has always been my main position. It is the position I prefer to play. It was only when I came to Rangers that I moved to right-back.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/kirk-puts-his-case-for-central-defence-1.1106919

:D

Would anyone happen to have the full article by any chance?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me quote Gus MacPherson "He is a player i struggled to play at centre half as he lacks the positional sense to play there"

Blue Cafu is never a centre half in his life, maybe he thinks he is, but he really isnt. I like him and prefer him at right back.

Im with 2nd Jan, every time i think of Cafu at centre half i think of Scott McDonald. :(

Nowhere near as bad at centre-back as what some are making out, when ever I saw him there he didn't seem to make any more mistakes than Weir or Bougherra, yet when ever he did make a mistake he'd take more stick for it than the other 2.

Kirk Broadfoot today told new Rangers boss Ally McCoist he is the long-term answer to the Ibrox club’s centre-half problem.

With Madjid Bougherra wanting to leave and Davie Weir now 41, McCoist is desperately trying to draft new players into the key position.

But fit-again Broadfoot, left, reckons he can do a job there for the Gers in the 2011/12 season – and beyond.

He said: “Centre-half has always been my main position. It is the position I prefer to play. It was only when I came to Rangers that I moved to right-back.

I would play anywhere for Rangers. But if I had a choice I would want to play at centre-half.

“I know Walter Smith put me out at full-back so I could learn the position.

“I feel I have done that, but I see myself in the long run being a centre- half.”

- Rangers midfielder Mo Edu came on as a late sub to help USA to a 1-0 victory over Guadeloupe in the Gold Cup last night.

Full article - if you press "stop"/"esc" at the right time while the page is loading you don't have to sign up for Evening Times.

Two seasons ago him and naisy were doing player interviews in our hospitality suite as both had just been dropped from the 17. Naisy said he just needed to get his head down, work harder, and prove to Walter he deserved his place back. Kirk simply said and I'm not kidding. "the gaffer has got it wrong as I should be in the starting line up"

Lost my respect there and then.

Two seasons ago him and naisy were doing player interviews in our hospitality suite as both had just been dropped from the 17. Naisy said he just needed to get his head down, work harder, and prove to Walter he deserved his place back. Kirk simply said and I'm not kidding. "the gaffer has got it wrong as I should be in the starting line up"

Lost my respect there and then.

Being sarcastic obviously. :rolleyes:

Being sarcastic obviously. :rolleyes:

I can assure you it wasnt sarcasm. He stood the whole time in a huff, all but slated the whole management team then sulked off. (tu)

Im fine with players not being happy at being dropped, Novo is a prime example, but you should never slate your boss in public, especially not to your paying public.

I can assure you it wasnt sarcasm. He stood the whole time in a huff, all but slated the whole management team then sulked off. (tu)

Im fine with players not being happy at being dropped, Novo is a prime example, but you should never slate your boss in public, especially not to your paying public.

And yet Walter gave him a new deal. <cr>

And yet Walter gave him a new deal. <cr>

he also signed rothen , velicka and Beattie .

Some times managers make mistakes .

I'd like the egg to keep his mouth shut and get on with doing his job , being shite and being a lucky bastard getting to play for the rangers .