So if Hemed wasn't our top target .........

JTP

Then who is it, Goodwillie? And by top target I'll assume Craig Whyte means top striker target.

And would we have still went for our 'top target' IF Hemed had signed?

I think Goodwillie is our top striking target and yes, we would still have went for him even if Hemed signed. I think the idea was to cut loose Diouf, Healy and Beattie and bring in two young strilers who could offer a lot more. If e sign Goodwillie we might be stuck with Healy for another year but Diouf and Beattie should still be cut loose.

I think Goodwillie is our top striking target and yes, we would still have went for him even if Hemed signed. I think the idea was to cut loose Diouf, Healy and Beattie and bring in two young strilers who could offer a lot more. If e sign Goodwillie we might be stuck with Healy for another year but Diouf and Beattie should still be cut loose.

Diouf ain't coming back.

To the OP: suspect, as most do, that Goodwillie is the number 1 target.

Then who is it, Goodwillie? And by top target I'll assume Craig Whyte means top striker target.

And would we have still went for our 'top target' IF Hemed had signed?

I don't think hemed was ever our top striking target and even if he had signed we would still have looked ot pursue Goodwillie.

Hemed was approached at the time he was due to his contract expiring and interest from other clubs. he was not offered big money by us (rumoured to be around £4k) so I think he would have been seen as more of a bonus signing rather than a player we were going all out to get. Ultimately, it seemd that he was more keen on us than we were on him as I believe he would have signed for us had we pushed the money boat out more, but ultimately we didn't value him highly enough.

Goodwillie has, I think, beenour number 1 target since the moment Kenny Miller left Ibrox as both WS and Ally would have wanted a proven out and out forward to partner big Jela up front. Despite his end of season form I still think Ally is far form convinced that Lafferty is goign to prove himself as a mainstay in the starting XI up front and it appears we are looking to bring in a striker with proven ability to lead the line along with Jelavic next year.

In addition to this I sincerely hoep there is another quality CM in our "top target" list as I think this is one area in which we dearly need a quality addition.

Goodwillie has, I think, beenour number 1 target since the moment Kenny Miller left Ibrox as both WS and Ally would have wanted a proven out and out forward to partner big Jela up front. Despite his end of season form I still think Ally is far form convinced that Lafferty is goign to prove himself as a mainstay in the starting XI up front and it appears we are looking to bring in a striker with proven ability to lead the line along with Jelavic next year.

In addition to this I sincerely hoep there is another quality CM in our "top target" list as I think this is one area in which we dearly need a quality addition.

WELL SAID! Do you think Lafferty will be a Ger on September 1st?

WELL SAID! Do you think Lafferty will be a Ger on September 1st?

I think he will be, purely on the basis that I don't think anyone will offer us anythign for him and also because I think Laff wants to stay and prove himself. Ido however thinkg that the management team do not yet have the ocnfidence in him hence the search for another striker