Have The Tarriers Ruined The Worlds Best Derby

Back when the tarriers decided to start a campaign to stop us singing TBB I doubt many thought it could come back to bite them on the arse! This was for no other reason than a "get it up you" and a big one at that, I dont believe they were genuinely offended in the slightest this was seen a point scoring victory!

But where does it end?? After succeeding in getting TBB, FTP and the famine song banned, were now being told we can be arrested for singing our national anthem or for them blessing themselves WTF??? With all these new sectarian laws being passed and warnings of undercover police in amongst supporters, banned from attending games and a possible fine or jail sentence all have they have done is effectively ruined what was the best derby in the world. People will be scared to open their mouths and I fully expect some to counter that with well we dont have to be "sectarian" in the heat of an old firm game your charged up and its easy for the odd obscenity to slip out, weve all done it me more than most I imagine.

Whether people like it or not its the hatred that makes the old firm derby what it is, what seperates it from other derbies and in the tarriers playing their games all they have done is ruin the atmosphere and in turn ruin the spectacle of the old firm derby.

no they haven't, the people to blamee for this whole sorry mess, is the media, they hyped the 7 old firm games, before the so called shame game the media kept harping an about how the old firm games have been tame but when one kicks off all hell breaks loose, media, scottish goverment then saw a chance to jump onto the bandwaggon because of the elections coming up.

Aye, the Old firm derby has lost a bit of his reputation (at least in France) because of lennon playing the victim card (td)

Has the French media said much about the events of last season and the sectarian sham Bill that the Scottish Nazi Party are trying to rush into effect?

Has the French media said much about the events of last season and the sectarian sham Bill that the Scottish Nazi Party are trying to rush into effect?

:lol:

The sports magasines had some articles about lennon having received death threats and co... and that Scottish football was going the wrong way because of off the pitch troubles. Now Scottish football has a "violent" reputation in france doh

As for the SNP, it is unknown in France ! :lol:

:lol:

The sports magasines had some articles about lennon having received death threats and co... and that Scottish football was going the wrong way because of off the pitch troubles. Now Scottish football has a "violent" reputation in france doh

As for the SNP, it is unknown in France ! :lol:

I wish to fuck it was unknown here too. Shortbread munching fannies!

This runs a lot deeper than football and any derby day games.

There's a force at work in Scotland from people in the highest up places in Government, right down to your gutter press journalists, to eventually have the Protestants of our country put down at the expense of catholicism.

What we have seen over the past 2/3 years is only the beginning, if we don't start to make a stand.

Football matches, and in particular matches involving celtic and the Rangers, are an easy target for these people, and a good starting point to generate as much publicity as possible.

The SNP do want an independent Scotland, and they'll get it if we're not careful.

The derby was ruined long before that but this tit-for-tat shite has made it a lot worse. Some Rangers fans need to take a good look at themselves when apportioning blame.

really, so you believe rangers fans are as much to blame??

No sure, if they have I'm sure they look at it as a small price to pay for what the have "achieved" this season. At the start of the season they openly claimed they wanted a siege mentality with regards to referees, the SFA etc. One of the agendas they had this season was to pedal the myth that they are oppressed, that the whole of Scotland is anti-catholic. The stuff which has happened to TLB has fit right in with this. No, the mickeys havent won the league and they may have ruined this derby, but they certainly have got the sympathy of the SNP and the mhedia, which in the greater scheme of things may suit them better.

Next years old firm games will be a laugh eh? Won't be allowed to even look at the opposition supporters and when we score all the celebration that will be allowed will be a small ripple of applause.

Absolutely, and I've apent years arguing that it would end up killing football. They're all now getting what they wanted.

I agree Rangers fans when all this started didnt defend their traditions enough they just sat back and expected the world to go on around them.

if u mean with respect to standing back and letting it happen then i agree with you 100 %

He doesn't mean that - he means the Rangers fans are tae blame because they never listened tae him all these years that he's been right and they've been wrang. :craphead:

if u mean with respect to standing back and letting it happen then i agree with you 100 %

That's not what I mean. I'm talking about reporting each other to the police, e-mailing the papers about each others singing and starting daft petitions to send to the government.