If Smith Was More Defensive In Europe First Time Around

GOAT

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we might have avoided one or two embarrassing, or surprising, results but I don't think we would have done massively better.

I honestly believe Walter came back to us as a better manager than in his first stint and didn't necessarily have the nous first time around.

Does anyone wonder what might have been?

He would still have played CL winning centre-half, Basile Boli at right-back and Duncan Ferguson at left-back.

You would think we were like 1970 Brazil the way myths have been concocted(much of it by the man himself). We were a decent team who suffered at the hands of European teams who were fitter and more technically proficient.

Watching Smith's teams regularly on a Saturday puts me off watching Football at night when back from the game...watching super defensiveness in my single digits and in my early teenage years may have put me off Football.

Judging from a videos I've seen, he played a 3-5-2 with Cleland and Robertson as wingbacks?

From 1993 to 1997, we almost never played 2 up front in Europe

At most we would've played Laudrup in a floating role off Durie, but still with 3 centre halves and at least 2 holding midfielders

But calling him a coward was just uncalled for. Everyone was angry at the tactics in a few of the matches against them but that seemed personal.

That was there well before last season and was to do with the signing of Kenny Miller. I don't think it was uncalled for at all. He's gone now so McCoist starts with a clean sheet and my best wishes. If he makes a cunt of it, I'll make my feelings known on him too.

That was there well before last season and was to do with the signing of Kenny Miller. I don't think it was uncalled for at all. He's gone now so McCoist starts with a clean sheet and my best wishes. If he makes a cunt of it, I'll make my feelings known on him too.

I wasn't happy with the Miller signing at the time but to me, every Rangers player will get my backing regardless of who they used to play for. I'd argue that signing him was actually quite brave considering all the fans that sang "You can stick your Kenny Miller up your arse".

But as you say, hes gone and McCoist will need everyones support (tu)