• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to those that are buying this ppv...

why are you buying it?

1. you want to see haye get knocked out

2. you want to see klitschko knocked out

3. you want to see a good fight?

4. because of all the build up i.e skys adverts/sky one documentary

5. because of haye's antics i.e the t-shirt/his cocky attitude and interviews/press conferences

id go for "5"...he's the man at selling fights

If I was staying in to watch it........ 2 :)

He wont mind as long as he has a successful career in the media

I dunno, for a guy who seems to crave attention and affection so much, it would surely bother him if everybody viewed him as a joke who fought only old guys and bums, then got his arse handed to him after all that trash talk by a real champion and then retired. Which is what he will be if Wladimir beats him and he calls it a day.

Looking forward to this one!

Both fighters look in great shape, I keep swinging both ways on who I think will win....but i'll go for a Haye knockout!

I personally want to see Haye win aswell, but I wouldnt grudge Klitschko winning it as he seems a decent guy, hard not to like him.

David Haye will knock Wladimir Klitschko out. Round 5. Wlad will not be able to handle his power. He has been stopped by fighters with nothing like the power Haye has.

Haye is not nearly as arrogant as some boxers are, there is not any real malice in what he says, I actully find him quite funny! Regardless its all acting to sell tickets and create interest. Hope he knocks that boring brute out then does the same to Vitali!

I dunno, for a guy who seems to crave attention and affection so much, it would surely bother him if everybody viewed him as a joke who fought only old guys and bums, then got his arse handed to him after all that trash talk by a real champion and then retired. Which is what he will be if Wladimir beats him and he calls it a day.

You could say the same about Klitschko except Wlad fought bums for much longer.

You could say the same about Klitschko except Wlad fought bums for much longer.

Most champs have fought a lot of bums though. The point is that if Haye loses, he won't just have only beaten bums, he won't even have beaten that many of them! :lol:

Most champs have fought a lot of bums though. The point is that if Haye loses, he won't just have only beaten bums, he won't even have beaten that many of them! :lol:

Don't think you can blame Haye for the real dearth of top-level heavyweights about, he can only beat who's available and he's taking on the champ tonight.

Don't think you can blame Haye for the real dearth of top-level heavyweights about, he can only beat who's available and he's taking on the champ tonight.

Of course. I'm not saying he's a joke. If he beats Wladimir then he is a legitimate champion. If he loses he could still be. I'm saying if he loses and then goes on to retire like he has promised to, without avenging the defeat, that would be a disgrace and he would deserve contempt. What would his champions legacy be? Title defences against an old man like Ruiz and Audley Fucking Harrison?

Of course. I'm not saying he's a joke. If he beats Wladimir then he is a legitimate champion. If he loses he could still be. I'm saying if he loses and then goes on to retire like he has promised to, without avenging the defeat, that would be a disgrace and he would deserve contempt. What would his champions legacy be? Title defences against an old man like Ruiz and Audley Fucking Harrison?

Can see where you're coming from, but I just think it's a bit of a shit era for boxing at heavyweight level, and I dread to think what it would be like if guys like Haye and the Roboto twins weren't about.

Wlad is probably the worst for only fighting bums.

Wlad is known for handpicking bums and beating them in his hometown and doing it in a very boring way.

Haye is exciting and has revived Heavyweight Boxing.

Wlad is very boring but he is a really nice guy and that has swayed me to him a bit but I still want Haye to smash him and if he does it will be for the good of Boxing because we will probably see another great fight after it when he goes after Vitali.

Only Audley was a bum for me. Ruiz was past his prime but could still go and Valuev was the WBA champion. But although I see your point, Wlad doesn't even dispatch them quickly. Jab, straight, hold. Until the challenger is exhausted.

Only Audley was a bum for me. Ruiz was past his prime but could still go and Valuev was the WBA champion. But although I see your point, Wlad doesn't even dispatch them quickly. Jab, straight, hold. Until the challenger is exhausted.

Exactly.

Haye knocked Ruiz down in the first round and destroyed him and knocked out Audley in the third.

Fighting Valuev in Germany and beating him was incredible aswell.

Exactly.

Haye knocked Ruiz down in the first round and destroyed him and knocked out Audley in the third.

Fighting Valuev in Germany and beating him was incredible aswell.

Yeah (tu)

As the saying goes "You have to knock out the champion in Germany to get a draw".

And he beat the best at Cruiserweight. Went to France and stopped Mormeck, destroyed Enzo and has moved up to how.

People are forgetting his cruiser career, he fought the best and won, was an underdog against Wormeck where he got off the canvas to stop his man and Demolished an undefeated Enzo in no-time to unify the division. He's been a heavy for about 10 minutes. Stopped Ruiz easily destroyed Gunn and now yet again faces the divisions best in an effort to unify.

Criticism of the man is ill informed at best.