Does This Sum Footballers Up?

Roma keeper Alexander Doni has said that his proposed move to Liverpool earlier this month failed to go ahead because the club expected him to take a sixty per cent pay cut.

Doni failed to agree personal terms with Liverpool and decided to remain in Italy instead. He has now broken his silence on the issue explaining that he could not afford to take such a huge drop in his wages.

“I have only received an official offer from Liverpool,” Doni told Italian newspaper Il Tempo. “But I could not accept those conditions. I would have had my salary cut by 60%.

“After signing a five-year contract extension with Roma in 2008 and having given a knee for Roma’s cause, I am unwilling to give away money.”

What is he on at Roma? I mean even if he took a cut, surely to fuck he has earned enough in his last 4 years or so to try the EPL?

Does this mean Reina is leaving?

I dunno man, there's being a money-grabbing bastard and then there's a 60% drop in wages. That's a shitload to lose out on, especially if he's on top dollar at Roma.

Someone needs to tell him that it's Merseyside he;d be going to - where £40 in your pocket means you can live like a king.

I dunno man, there's being a money-grabbing bastard and then there's a 60% drop in wages. That's a shitload to lose out on, especially if he's on top dollar at Roma.

Someone needs to tell him that it's Merseyside he;d be going to - where £40 in your pocket means you can live like a king.

Its maybe not the fact he was asked to take the 60% wage cut, its more because of the answer he gives. "im not giving money away"

I mean fs surely he could just say, the deal wasnt right for me and im going to remain in Italy! Rather than "im not giving money away"

Its maybe not the fact he was asked to take the 60% wage cut, its more because of the answer he gives. "im not giving money away"

I mean fs surely he could just say, the deal wasnt right for me and im going to remain in Italy! Rather than "im not giving money away"

I dunno, at least he's honest, I'd have preferred it if that's what Conway or Danns would have said as opposed to any other bullshit.

I dunno, at least he's honest, I'd have preferred it if that's what Conway or Danns would have said as opposed to any other bullshit.

Maybe its just me mate. Im not having a go at him for rejecting a 60% wage reduction, its just how brutaly he says its about money :lol:

Maybe its just me mate. Im not having a go at him for rejecting a 60% wage reduction, its just how brutaly he says its about money :lol:

:lol:

Fair enough, I just think it's refreshing that he's been so honest, brutally as you say, and not given some cliched bullshit answer.

The fooker with the concrete boots is on €3M a year, or €60,000 a week, to stand by looking totally surprised as a ball bobbles 12cm to his left, creeping over the goal line at a rate of James Beattie mph :anguish:

From that to 24,000E a week, before tax? Liverpool are ripping the piss, given the ludicrous wages Carroll and Henderson will be getting.

There was a story with Andrey Arshavin a couple of years ago.

He's on roughly £80k per week at Arsenal, but because of tax here, he was actually taking home slightly less than he was at Zenit.

Never understand how people can moan about footballers wanting more money. Fair enough they earn a fortune as it is, but anyone in any profession would want to earn as much money as possible.

It's not surprising, who would take a 60% wage cut to sit on a bench in England when you can keep your better wage for the same thing in Italy

There was a story with Andrey Arshavin a couple of years ago.

He's on roughly £80k per week at Arsenal, but because of tax here, he was actually taking home slightly less than he was at Zenit.

I read that about a week ago, he was raging when he found out and asked for a pay rise :lol:

You would only take a 60% hit if you were moving to the club you support.

60% hit then Britains higher tax rate on top of that to play for a club not much more ambitious than your own?

The fooker with the concrete boots is on €3M a year, or €60,000 a week, to stand by looking totally surprised as a ball bobbles 12cm to his left, creeping over the goal line at a rate of James Beattie mph :anguish:

:lol: :lol: :lol: haha