Jelavic: "my Aim Is To Stay At Least One More Year At Rangers.

Boab

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realistically we should have a scouting network that means that top players stay for 2 or 3 years, are sold for a profit, and then adequately replaced. The main worry would be that Jelavic was a fluke and we'll not attract someone of his quality again any time soon.

For once, I agree with you. Too many people are living in the 90's and the Advocaat era.

What annoys me is idiots shouting about what we dont have, dreaming of the EPL and all that rubbish rather than what we do have and where we are now and discussing how we can improve that. To suggest we have exhausted all revenue possibilities of Rangers today is laughable.

Talking about the gulf in money and quality as if anything is going to change. Its stupid.

I have no problem with Jela wanting to move on, i applaud his ambition. This is where we are today, bringing in foreign players who want to use us as a stepping stone to better richer things, thats fine, i can deal with that, its not like he has lied to us or let us down. Hes a genuine guy and a top player. I want Rangers to use him to make a huge profit and that is what we need to do more of.

Realistically we should have a scouting network that means that top players stay for 2 or 3 years, are sold for a profit, and then adequately replaced. The main worry would be that Jelavic was a fluke and we'll not attract someone of his quality again any time soon.

(tu) And continue the cycle, on and on.

Far too good for this league, glad we will have him onboard for at least one more season.

I don't blame him for wanting to play elsewhere, the SPL is a poor league.

As long as he does his bit in the league and Europe I will be happy.

My thoughts to

Can't really complain if he moves on, this is how the club has to operate from now on

we sell rangers to these players as a stepping stone. we can't complain if they move on.

tell that to the boughie haters/slaters

some of the stuff about him has been quite funny considering he told us his plans at the start, just like jelavic has (tu)

btw i have no issues with players using us to get to better leagues, thats part and parcel of the SPL shite

As far as the big man coming out and saying this, I'm actually not too fussed, I can't see him doing what Bougherra did and deciding to go AWOL on International duty, twice, sulking after not getting a move after a decent performance in the world cup, talking himself up for a transfer for 3 years and not giving 100% all of the time.

I don't believe this is a "come and get me" message either, I think he's just being honest.

I thought he signed a 3 year deal when we signed him, hes been here for 1, this season will be year 2 and at the end of the season, he will have 1 year left on his contract. Doesnt help us out much when we will be looking to make a profit on the £4m we paid for him.

Hopefully it was a 4 or 5 year deal. Anyone know?

<cr>

tell that to the boughie haters/slaters

some of the stuff about him has been quite funny considering he told us his plans at the start, just like jelavic has (tu)

btw i have no issues with players using us to get to better leagues, thats part and parcel of the SPL shite

Did he ? The 2 situations, in my opinion, are totally different. Bougherra has talked himself up for the last 3 years, sulked after not getting a move, went AWOL twice, showing Rangers absolutely no respect while doing so, and hasn't exactly gave his complete 100% in the last season after not getting a move. Jelavic doesn't strike me as someone who would act in the same way Bougherra has when not getting his own way, that why, in my opinion, he's getting a more respected response for his honesty.

Did he ? The 2 situations, in my opinion, are totally different. Bougherra has talked himself up for the last 3 years, sulked after not getting a move, went AWOL twice, showing Rangers absolutely no respect while doing so, and hasn't exactly gave his complete 100% in the last season after not getting a move. Jelavic doesn't strike me as someone who would act in the same way Bougherra has when not getting his own way, that why, in my opinion, he's getting a more respected response for his honesty.

when did boughie sulk :dry:

he has stayed for 3 seasons during which time we have been desperately horsed financially, has performed admirably when required to and quite probably helped davie weir pro-long his career a couple of seasons

so far in less than a year jelavic has now mentioed 3 times about the EPL, and this was after only managing to cover 6 months for us because of injury (not his fault obviously but come on, only 6 months)

how you can say that jelavic doesnt strike you as the type of person who would act like bougherra, when jelavic went on striker with his last club to get a move to a bigger club

if man united offered us 6 million and we said no, would he go on strike with us to get his move, previous history suggests he would

when did boughie sulk :dry:

he has stayed for 3 seasons during which time we have been desperately horsed financially, has performed admirably when required to and quite probably helped davie weir pro-long his career a couple of seasons

so far in less than a year jelavic has now mentioed 3 times about the EPL, and this was after only managing to cover 6 months for us because of injury (not his fault obviously but come on, only 6 months)

how you can say that jelavic doesnt strike you as the type of person who would act like bougherra, when jelavic went on striker with his last club to get a move to a bigger club

if man united offered us 6 million and we said no, would he go on strike with us to get his move, previous history suggests he would

Bougherra sulked for a fair bit of last season after not getting his move and clearly wasn't interested.

Hmmmm, didn't actually realise Jelavic done that with Rapid if I'm being honest.

He's too good for the SPL. I wouldn't grudge him the move as long as it was to a big club in England/Europe. Never understood people who go in a huff with foreign players when they admit they don't want to hang around forever. They aren't fans of the club the way we are so I honestly don't blame them for wanting to leave Scotland after 1-2 good seasons.

I thought he signed a 3 year deal when we signed him, hes been here for 1, this season will be year 2 and at the end of the season, he will have 1 year left on his contract. Doesnt help us out much when we will be looking to make a profit on the £4m we paid for him.

Hopefully it was a 4 or 5 year deal. Anyone know?

<cr>

4 years

Bougherra sulked for a fair bit of last season after not getting his move and clearly wasn't interested.

Hmmmm, didn't actually realise Jelavic done that with Rapid if I'm being honest.

bougherra was still a class above weir for a good part of the season mate, was only the last 2 months when our tactics changed that weir started looking solid again, whereas boughie kept up a level of performance that we couldnt afford to miss, and the united game at ibrox showed that where we lost the lead twice and dropped 3 points (tu)

yeah jela went on strike to get his move

So Jela goes.

My major issue is that it appears we have fucking mentality in this club that it always appears that players have one foot out the door at all fucking times.

Makes for a very transient squad in "modern times" I mean, new players coming to a big club like ours from small pish Austrian club and doing well then means they are too good for the Rangers.

Well fuck them all I say.

Christ we have some work to do

You're right about the attitude mate, but let's face it, our squad is as unchanging as the surface of the moon. Players talk a big game but most of them stick with us. We should be praising players like Naisy who are both very talented and genuinly love us to bits.

he is top class. we would be lucky to hold on to him for a couple more seasons. I reckon we will get decent money for him and if he is secretly aiming to leave after next season then all that means is he is going to have a real beast of a season this year. :)

How exactly has he sulked about not getting a move? The same way he hasn't given 100%? Because you claim he hasn't?

For a man you think is so desperate to leave, it's strange how he rejected moves to France and Qatar on much better money than he's getting here

I cant believe how Naive Rangers fans are FFS Jelavic shows some ambition and says he wants to play in the top leagues in Europe so what.

Rangers as we all know are a massive club but we dont play in a massive league.

Giovanni van Bronckhorst was the first I can remember saying he was using Rangers as a stepping stone to get into the EPL so what we sign a player with ambition and he had to work his ass of in europe and the SPL to get his move thus benefiting Rangers in the Progress.

I would rather a player shows his cards to us at the very start than say Rangers were his favourite subbuteo team and where the only team they wanted to play for.