Jelavic: "my Aim Is To Stay At Least One More Year At Rangers.

Boab

He insists he'll stay for at least one more season as Gers chase Four in a Row.

He said: "My aim is to stay at least one more year at Rangers. I am very happy in Glasgow.

"Last season when I arrived, I knew I'd need time to adjust because I was coming from a different football world.

"Scottish football is very different to the leagues I have played in but I scored from the start and that gave me enormous confidence.

"I got fit after the injury and was happy with my form.

"It' s natural I'll eventually want to try a stronger and better quality league.

"I don't need to rush into anything because I am only 25. I have plenty of time."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3665426/Nikica-wants-to-add-to-Ibrox-success.html#ixzz1QcFvVfOX

There's a thread that mentions this but I felt this merited a thread on its own as that seemed to be about his aims.

2 seasons enough for the money spent? How would you look for?

I'd have liked 3 seasons from him.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he never got injured I think he could have been away this transfer window. Said it before but I think that injury worked in our favour. You can see he is grateful to be here but he unfortunately he has eyes elsewhere, at least he isnt lying about it. We all knew that paying such a large amount meant we would be spending it on quality, quality that we could hopefully double (or more) our investment in and bring success to the club at the same time, weve already done half of that.

So Jela goes.

My major issue is that it appears we have fucking mentality in this club that it always appears that players have one foot out the door at all fucking times.

Makes for a very transient squad in "modern times" I mean, new players coming to a big club like ours from small pish Austrian club and doing well then means they are too good for the Rangers.

Well fuck them all I say.

Christ we have some work to do

And plenty of others mate!

Thats why im pissed.

Fancy wanting to leave The Rangers?

Fancy signing for Leister instead of The Rangers

Fancy signing for Cardiff instead of The Rangers

Im not convinced Jela only came to us with a view of playing one / two seasons then moving on. He signed a long term deal and was ecstatic to join us and did all he could to force the move from Rapid.

Plays well in one 3/4 of a season and now thinks he is Man U standard. They all forget that its us who make them look great as they play in the BEST team in this pish league.

But when they all dissapear up their own arses in bigger leagues they quickly realise that they are not so great after all. And maybe , just maybe it was The Rangers that made the player!

If we manage to hang on to him for another season, then we get £15 million kinda money i'll be happy

Unless he knocks in quite a few in europe then we won't get any more then 8/9 for him

He says at LEAST.

That means he will definetly be here next season but its not as if he is saying he will leave.

He could stay for another year after that.

We will only sell him if we get silly money which is win/win.

Every Knows that sadly, in the modern game, He's far too good for this league.

Aslong as he put's 100% in this season, scores AT LEAST 30 goals and puts away a hat-trick in again them then I'll be more than happy to see some big club pay £10 Million + for him.

:jelavic: :praise:

It's the SPL that makes us a selling club and/or a stepping stone for players now. Why should anyone be surprised or get upset about that? Frustrating yes, but no point in getting angry about players such as our star striker stating he wants to move to a more challenging league. Or players moving on for more money. That's their choice. As long as the players we have give 100% when they are here that's all I ask. If we get 2 years out of Jelavic and two titles and sell him for a decent enough profit that's good business. We need the club to be competing elsewhere if things are to ever change. In the meantime all we can do is try our best to carry on being champions of Scotland.

We all knew he'd be away at some point after seeing his ability. It's good that he wants to play for another year before moving on though.

It's disrespectful considering he's not even played 30 matches for us. He's made his feelings known. Enough now.

It's disrespectful considering he's not even played 30 matches for us. He's made his feelings known. Enough now.

Exactly,

As my previous point. All these guys come in and cant wait to fuck off after half a seson of playing well.

FFS, these guys live in a different world to us. One full of fucking self dellusion!

We have had far better players than Jelavic leave our club and still we march on.

I'm not too chuffed when a player comes out and says this about Rangers better players than him have shown a lot more Loyalty.

Changed times indeed.

Whether we like it or not this is the situation we now find ourselves in when we buy in quality from abroad.

The SPL is a stepping stone and always will be now the money has gone. The EPL and SKY have ruined football as a conqequence of their sheer greed and players like Jelavic will use the SPL to get that move to the land of milk and honey.

2 years is actually an improvement on the likes of Cuellar,Boumsong and Cousin.

If we get a full season out of him and we get more than we paid for him then financially it is the kind of deal we are going to have to depend on more and more if we want to keep on competing at this level.

Do i like it...no i certainly do not but that is the reality of a big club playing in a piss poor and financially bankrupt league.

I don't blame Jelavic. I'm not convinced his message does not really mean 'come and get me now'. Unless he knows a wee run in the CL is required to get his move. And who can blame him?

I'd go further than that - who can blame Danns, either? Professional football player facing matches against Killie and Dunfermline, St Mirren and Inverness or more money not to in better leagues elsewhere.

Perhaps too many do not realise what a lowly reputation the SPL has. David Pleat was on TalkSport recently indicating that the (lack of) quality in the Scottish leagues was regularly a topic of discussion amongst managers south of the border - the verdict was damning. An SPL league title badge might mean something to Scots, it means much the same as a Swiss, Danish or Austrian badge to everyone else.

Are those supporters who want us to stay in the Scottish leagues blind? It absolutely equates to constant spinning of the exit door for our very best players. I find the dearth of ambition depressing.

The EPL and SKY have ruined football as a conqequence of their sheer greed.

Don't kid yourself. They are doing the job of selling their league better than we can ours. That's it. We are every bit as 'greedy', but the price for shite isn't great these days.

I'd love to know the SKY viewing figures when they are forced to show a Killie vs St Johnstone match.