Journalist Says Fare Have Broken The Law.

Click on the link

http://leggoland2.blogspot.com/

Thursday, 30 June 2011

FARE FACE PROSECUTION THREAT

RANGERS have been handed explosive ammunition to blow FARE out of the water.

For FARE could now have broken the law, and be facing criminal charges.

And if the Scottish Football Association does its job, it could also lead to a UEFA probe into how FARE operates.

In breaking their own rules of disclosure, FARE have also snubbed the Data Protection Act.

And that is what could lead to FARE, and its chief executive, Piara Powar, being charged.

On a footballing level, it also means, FARE now stands accused of being an organisation which is not even-handed.

FARE was the shadowy set-up which reported back to UEFA, regarding songs Rangers fans were singing in Eindhoven last season.

This led to UEFA imposing sanctions against Rangers, including banning their fans from travelling for this season’s first away leg in Europe, plus the threat of closing Ibrox.

However, FARE have continually refused to name their undercover operator in Holland, leading to suspicions that it could have been an agent provocateur.

But when FARE received a number of complaints regarding the IRA repertoire of songs in praise of ethnic cleansing bellowed when Celtic played Hearts at Tynecastle last season, Piara Powar acted in an entirely different way.

He passed the complaints on to the Scottish Football Association, Show Racism the Red Card, and the controversial, Nil By Mouth.

That led to four people, who complained to FARE about the behaviour of Celtic supporters, getting a letter from…

CELTIC!

Which means their personal details, home address, etc, were passed on by FARE.

That is, despite the FARE complaint form clearly stating….

“ONLY DETAILS YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT TO SHARE WILL BE PASSED ON.”

Not one of the people who filled in that FARE complaint form gave that consent for their names and addresses to be forwarded to anyone.

So they were all stunned to get a letter, at their home, with the official Celtic letter head, signed by chief executive, Peter Lawwell.

Now, there is no suggestion that Celtic have done anything wrong in all of this. Indeed, they have been caught up in a fiasco of FARE’s making.

Nor, I might add, even a hint that the SFA would have passed any personal details to Celtic.

Which leaves the finger of suspicion pointing at the respected, Show Racism The Red Card set-up, and the controversial Nil By Mouth.

For the question is…who was it who passed on these personal details to Celtic?

And how many people have now had access to the home address of the people who complained to FARE?

For there must now be a danger those personal details could have fallen into the wrong hands, and put those who complained in danger.

It is an astonishing way for FARE to act.

For an organisation which behaves in such a secretive way when it investigates Rangers, they appear to have been eager to disclose everything, regarding similar complaints against Celtic.

This development gives all the appearance of having sinister undertones, and calls into question whether or not FARE is fit for purpose?

No doubt, when the fall-out from this latest FARE fiasco reaches volcanic proportions, Piara Powar will run for cover.

He has form for doing that.

But this time Piara Powar could be in real trouble. For if the people whose private details were revealed, wish to complain to the police, then Powar and FARE could face prosecution under the Data Protection Act.

There is also the matter of why FARE attempted to involve the Scottish Football Association.

For the complaints about Celtic fans related to an SPL match, and it is the SPL who had jurisdiction.

This once again shows just what a bunch they are at FARE. Haphazard, hardly begins to describe the way they go about their business.

However, now that the SFA is aware of this, there must surely be fears inside Hampden about the way its member clubs are being treated by FARE.

And the way is therefore open for the SFA to make their fears known to UEFA, and to request that FARE be thoroughly investigated by Michel Platini.

The SFA have a duty to their member clubs, regarding how they are treated in Europe.

The SFA should also ask that, until a probe into FARE is completed, UEFA exclude FARE from involvement in any European ties involving Scottish clubs.

For this shadowy, and perhaps even sinister organisation, FARE, simply does not appear to behave in a fair fashion.

Indeed, they may even have broken the law.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i can take FARE to court for receiving a letter for RA Shellick?

If you got a letter I think the least should ask is how your details where passed on to 3rd and 4th parties and get at least a response from the organisation that dosnt want to pass on their own members details.

If you got a letter I think the least should ask is how your details where passed on to 3rd and 4th parties and get at least a response from the organisation that dosnt want to pass on their own members details.

Okily Dokily.

Even if they aren't uk based I'd imagine European law would protect people's information

Section 5 of the UK DPA has the answer :)

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/section/5

3)For the purposes of subsections (1) and (2), each of the following is to be treated as established in the United Kingdom—

a)an individual who is ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom,

b)a body incorporated under the law of, or of any part of, the United Kingdom,

©a partnership or other unincorporated association formed under the law of any part of the United Kingdom, and

d)any person who does not fall within paragraph (a), (b) or © but maintains in the United Kingdom—

i)an office, branch or agency through which he carries on any activity, or

(ii)a regular practice;

and the reference to establishment in any other EEA State has a corresponding meaning.

So i can take FARE to court for receiving a letter for RA Shellick?

No you cant because you didn't send the form..but those who did may well have a case if they wish to pursue.

That is if they are not intimidated out if it.

If those individuals do indeed see this through then FARE in it's current guise are finished and certain anti Rangers activists will need a different platform to attack our club.

If the guys need financial support I hope that bears can assist because you may never make a better investment in your life.

To those who got the Letter I would urge for you to look into this and also inform the "Real Journalists" as some on here like to call them about it along with the smoking gun of Liewells hand written letter.

Surely they cant sit on this story as they have with the FARE story from March and MacCrackPots and Lemmons cosy first name back and forths on Twitter.

Good stuff from Leggat. I know jimmy_vulmer on here recieved a letter as well as a poster on VB, I'm sure the letters were identical. I hope the people concerned are willing to push for answers on this, this "organisation" look dodgier by the day.

Good stuff from Leggat. I know jimmy_vulmer on here recieved a letter as well as a poster on VB, I'm sure the letters were identical. I hope the people concerned are willing to push for answers on this, this "organisation" look dodgier by the day.

I can only speak for the poster on VB but rest assured he and the site are pushing this all the way even to court of necessary. Funding will not be an issue on this either.

Did the poster Jimmy vulmer not get a letter fae lawell

I got an email reply through FARE 'from' him, yeah, but there was no details of address passed on, since I didn't give them out.

I can only speak for the poster on VB but rest assured he and the site are pushing this all the way even to court of necessary. Funding will not be an issue on this either.

Do you have any contact with the other people who received letters? It might be a good idea to coordinate action. I only know of one on here and the one on VB, not sure who the other two are.

Great to hear the VB man is going all the way with this (tu)

I got an email reply through FARE 'from' him, yeah, but there was no details of address passed on, since I didn't give them out.

Did your email come from FARE rather than direct from celtc? Kind of changes things from a legal perspective, I guess.

Did your email come from FARE rather than direct from celtc? Kind of changes things from a legal perspective, I guess.

It came from FARE, they passed on the bog-standard reply from the mopes.

I wouldn't get anyone's hopes up too much, if this breach of the DPA does go to the relevant authority - the Information Commissioners Office - they are incompetently toothless when it comes to handing out punishments and do have a history of letting people off the hook.