Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Raligt

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted my laptop specs aren't good enough. Might have to go out and buy a 360 just for this :lol:

If the only thing that fails on your laptop is graphics card there's a good chance it will actually work.

Alot of the time the test just doesn't recognise your graphics card (I think it was built for PC's, not Laptop anyway).

Obviously you shouldn't rush into it and just buy the game on the off chance it might work. Maybe a game shop will let you try and install the game and see if it works? Or give you a better idea of if the game will run on your laptop?

Just killed my first dragon under an aurora sky, then got my arse handed to me by a giant who took one swing and sent my dude flying like a golf ball about 100ft high! The game is just a thing of beauty; an almost tangible world.

This happened to me last night, I could give almost entirely the same description, setting and everything along with the giant. It wasn't my first dragon kill though.

This happened to me last night, I could give almost entirely the same description, setting and everything along with the giant. It wasn't my first dragon kill though.

Aye, fortunately I'd already saved sold the dragon's remains back at Whiterun (or whatever it's called) before encountering the giants. I don't fancy having to fight them till I've got some lethal gear; think i'll give them a wide berth as they don't seem to be too aggressive unless you get real close.

Was actually going to buy Battlefield 3 ahead of this and COD when i get paid but after reading all the amazing reviews i think i will get this and get BF3 for christmas. This should defo keep me occupied until then and people will still be playing BF3 online after christmas so not missing much.

I've never played an RPG, but this looks incredible.

As DBBTB said, what's it all about? Someone gimme a bit of detail.

Massive open world game with day-to-night transitions and weather; only loading times are going into towns, dungeons, and houses.

Can be played in first or third perspective with your choice of race (human/cat-person/orc, etc); quests can be tackled in whatever order you want after discovering them.

You can make your character good at what you what you want by the act of doing it - such as pick-pocketing or sword fighting - but can improve any skill when leveling up.

Game can be played as a hero or as a villain, law is enforced but only if you get caught; loads of factions can be joined (eg fighters guild, etc).

Massive open world game with day-to-night transitions and weather; only loading times are going into towns, dungeons, and houses.

Can be played in first or third perspective with your choice of race (human/cat-person/orc, etc); quests can be tackled in whatever order you want after discovering them.

You can make your character good at what you what you want by the act of doing it - such as pick-pocketing or sword fighting - but can improve any skill when leveling up.

Game can be played as a hero or as a villain, law is enforced but only if you get caught; loads of factions can be joined (eg fighters guild, etc).

That's the gist yeah. The story is brilliant, and it's set in a fictional world. There's Magic and stuff like that, you can create your own armour, food etc etc. If you're a bore you can also take a job, woodcutter, blacksmith etc.

It's massive and the possibilities are endless.

Brilliant game........not many other rpg's have had me Lol'ing and i couldnt stop when i tried a swing at a Giant.....he did the full baseball impression with me too........that funny i reloaded 3 times to do it again. Im at level 8 and still havent chosen a path......mace and shield or destruction....or destruction and mace......too many choices.

Wee heads up for any 360 users: Installing the game to the hard drive makes the game run with lower grade textures - whoops!

Uninstalling will sort it out though, and it will run with the better graphics no probs; Bethesda will release a patch so it can be installed and work properly. I was playing it last night and wondered why an NPCs hairdo looked like a hat made from mashed potato! laugh.gif

As a huge fan of the Fallout series, I'm definitely considering buying this. Is it a similar type of game to Fallout ? Is there a similar VA.T.S type interface ? Will it last longer than the likes of Borderlands ?

No VATS system, but the dual-wield combat system is fine.

Never played Borderlands, Skyrim is massive, and there's absolutely tons of optional stuff to do.00000042.gif

As a huge fan of the Fallout series, I'm definitely considering buying this. Is it a similar type of game to Fallout ? Is there a similar VA.T.S type interface ? Will it last longer than the likes of Borderlands ?

It's pretty much the same as Fallout 3/NV. You do the same thing - get quest from someone, follow the markers, get the object, bring it back, and sell any stuff you find. They built Fallout on top of the Oblivion engine, and this is very similar to Oblivion.

It will last as long or longer than F3/NV did.