Will Super Ally's Reputation Help Us Get A Better Class Of Player?

Super Ally to some a rookie manager, to most a true Rangers legend and well liked and charming guy.Does anyone else think although he does not have huge managerial experience the fact that he is known and liked will make Rangers an attractive option?In school and at work I did better in subjects and jobs when I liked my teacher or boss,work and school with good teachers or bosses was not so much of a chore and you wanted to do well for your boss because you like them.Will Ally have some good contacts in the game due to his TV work(and I don't mean Sue Barker?Also if you are a Striker at Rangers or joining Rangers you have to be exited about someone like Coisty helping you improve.Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions.Am I talking shite?or am I on to something here? over to you guys.

I think for Strikers he'd have a big influence but in this day and age it will come down to us being eager to get players and coughing up the right money.

His contacts should be useful but he's had those same contacts for the past few years so I wouldn't look into them too much.

What I do believe though is that once Ally gets used to dealing with transfers he'll be able to sell the club to players really well.

Who better to get you excited about signing for The Rangers than the Legend himself?

Ok wiseguy :p20: what is your gut feeling then?

The opposite in fact, he is a novice coach and not as well known the world over as he is in Scotland, or indeed the UK. I dont know, i would love to think our legend that is Ally McCoist could attract players other managers cant but i highly doubt it. Of course i really hope he proves me wrong.

I think the lure of Rangers, Champions League football and trophies will be bigger than who our head coach is.

Same as the others really, dont think he has the same fame worldwide that he enjoys in Scotland. Although you'd like to think most strikers around the world would be aware of his phenomenal strike rate, and that could make them feel he may add something to their game.

Was thinking about this the other day.

Coisty is a huge personality, and i think that a lot of players would find it hard to say no to him.

Its just a matter of getting them round a negotiating table, and the money men making the right offers.

Naw.Hemed said he'd relish playing under him as it'd help him improve. Look how that turned out.

No, already had a player talk his praises and then sign elsewhere.

I don't think his name will make a huge difference, especially for overseas players, but I would be careful about using Hemed as an example when you consider both the league he has signed to play in and the fact that his new manager has a much bigger reputation in world football than McCoist.

I think his personality might actually help if he gets to talk to some targets. I reckon he'd do a good job of selling Rangers to players who don't know the club too well.