Lee Interview; On Being Captain, Finishing His Career Here And Pre-season

Boab

I've came round to Jig a bit more in the past few months.

Possibly from watching Edu. Say what you like about big Lee legend, but he's much better alongside Davis than anyone else in our team just now.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've came round to Jig a bit more in the past few months.

Possibly from watching Edu. Say what you like about big Lee legend, but he's much better alongside Davis than anyone else in our team just now.

Edu is a far superior midfield player to McCulloch. At their best there is simply no comparison and all this bollocks about Davis being poor because of Edu is just an excuse for his own consistency problems. If Edu can sort his head out and build his confidence from his better showings towards the end of the season he can be a real asset. Even if he fails, McCulloch is most definitely not the answer.

A 33 year old captain who is lucky to be in the side? Doesn't sound too good to me

I'd give it to Davis is he signs the 5 year deal, it's definetly going to be long term and his team-mates will look up to him due to his footballing ability and not his ability to tell jokes

I don't rate McCulloch as a player. He doesn't have the speed or technical ability to dominate the centre of the pitch. Davis deserves someone better alongside him. Lee even struggles in games against really shite teams, like your Hamilton's, St.Mirren's, etc. He also gets booked too often and gives away really daft fouls. Since we're short of defenders, playing him centre-back may not be a bad idea as he can read the game all right and he's strong in the air.

Some people might have said that but we weren't missing him, just someone better than Edu.

That quote says more about Jig and Edu than 300 pages on the subject could. Well done that man.

I don't rate McCulloch as a player. He doesn't have the speed or technical ability to dominate the centre of the pitch. Davis deserves someone better alongside him. Lee even struggles in games against really shite teams, like your Hamilton's, St.Mirren's, etc. He also gets booked too often and gives away really daft fouls. Since we're short of defenders, playing him centre-back may not be a bad idea as he can read the game all right and he's strong in the air.

and you want him doing this in the box?????

Have the people who are suggesting Davis as a captain ever played in a football match and do they even understand what is required as a captain? Davis is the opposite type of character from what you'd want in a captain.

When McCulloch was out, we missed his leadership, his composure and I agree he drags us through games and you need a player like that. Don't really rate him as a player but have come to accept that he is a key player for us.

and you want him doing this in the box?????

He wouldn't give away daft fouls in the box as he knows the consequences. boogie.png

It was merely a suggestion given the lack of centre backs at our disposal.

He'd be less involved in our attacks if he played at the back which would be a good thing.

Predictable but Ok, what doesn't he do ?

Well for starters, he can't rap a ball, he can't run with the ball under control, his shooting from range is a bit hit and miss, and his positional sense goes out the windae too often.

Other than the above, I suppose he's a pretty decent footballer................................