Vfl Bochum 3 Vs 0 Rangers

Broxi1872

I wish we could have two match threads, so the death is imminent gang could slit their wrists in peace.

It's actually pathetic.

I think some people have just missed moaning about everything and anything Rangers in the off season.

I really can't believe some of the reaction to this result. The result does not knock my confidence one little bit. And similarly, if we had won 3-0 it wouldn't have raised my confidence either. You simply can't read anything into friendly matches.

We've still got the foundation of a 3 in a row squad in place, that means a hell of a lot more than a couple of friendly results.

And look what happened to Le Guen after that .

We win the games that matters if we lose to blackpool and chelsea so what

The Domestic competions and the champions league to show the SPL is our aim.

I already said the exact same thing earlier. You cant really read anything into friendly results.

We are lacking an out and out winger to just get by someone and fuck the ball into the box for our strikers to get on the end of , not pissing about taking 109 touches

Wylde?

Just watched the highlights from this game, can't tell you anything we already know. We need new players and we need them now.

Jelavic seems to of been just off-form the past 2 games, missing quite a few good chances he would usually score but we do need a partner like Miller or Goodwillie for him. Naismith, Davis, Whittaker and McGregor seem to be the only players putting in a good shift and performance.

The defence is just a fucking shambles, embaressing. Every goal we have conceded in the past 2 games have been down to their terrible defending and mistakes. 1st goal Weir showing his age and the striker takes the ball past him far too easily and its a easy finish for him, 2nd goal terrible pass from Papac right to their striker just infront of the half way line and Broadfoot, Weir and Papac are all miles too slow to catch him(Whittaker was the opposite side of the pitch, had no chance) 3rd goal the Bochum player stood in the box with the ball for about 5 seconds before anyone even dared think about closing him down and he just slotted in his team-mate, Weir made a poor clear off the line and they scored the rebound.

100% need new defenders.

Just watched the highlights from this game, can't tell you anything we already know. We need new players and we need them now.

Jelavic seems to of been just off-form the past 2 games, missing quite a few good chances he would usually score but we do need a partner like Miller or Goodwillie for him. Naismith, Davis, Whittaker and McGregor seem to be the only players putting in a good shift and performance.

The defence is just a fucking shambles, embaressing. Every goal we have conceded in the past 2 games have been down to their terrible defending and mistakes. 1st goal Weir showing his age and the striker takes the ball past him far too easily and its a easy finish for him, 2nd goal terrible pass from Papac right to their striker just infront of the half way line and Broadfoot, Weir and Papac are all miles too slow to catch him(Whittaker was the opposite side of the pitch, had no chance) 3rd goal the Bochum player stood in the box with the ball for about 5 seconds before anyone even dared think about closing him down and he just slotted in his team-mate, Weir made a poor clear off the line and they scored the rebound.

100% need new defenders.

Likewise. From what I watched I'd say the following.

1. Jelavic needs a partner, Naismith is not a striker, he is best coming from the midfield.

2. Broadfoot, McCulloch and Weir should all be on the bench.

3. Apart from Whittaker our defence looks horrible, Sasa has looked terrible during Pre-Season.

Likewise. From what I watched I'd say the following.

1. Jelavic needs a partner, Naismith is not a striker, he is best coming from the midfield.

2. Broadfoot, McCulloch and Weir should all be on the bench.

3. Apart from Whittaker our defence looks horrible, Sasa has looked terrible during Pre-Season.

Nothing new then, even last season we knew all this.

Nothing new then, even last season we knew all this.

Maybe not, but it's hard to comment when you haven't seen or even heard much about the game.

I know it's only pre-season but Sasa was at fault for a few goals.

Hemmings looked good from the tiny bit of footage of him ! I'd start him with big Jela and replace Wylde with Naismith for Leverkusen.

Give him a chance playing with the 1st team.

Maybe not, but it's hard to comment when you haven't seen or even heard much about the game.

I know it's only pre-season but Sasa was at fault for a few goals.

Hemmings looked good from the tiny bit of footage of him ! I'd start him with big Jela and replace Wylde with Naismith for Leverkusen.

Give him a chance playing with the 1st team.

(tu)

Have to disagree completely with the guy who said Naismith has proved he isn't a striker

When has he ever had a run of games up front for us? Even in the much talked about 4-3-3 around Christmas 2007, he was played as a left sided attacker/winger

Have to disagree completely with the guy who said Naismith has proved he isn't a striker

When has he ever had a run of games up front for us? Even in the much talked about 4-3-3 around Christmas 2007, he was played as a left sided attacker/winger

I wouldn't say 'Naismith is shite at playing striker' I just think he's most effective coming from the midfield making bursting runs, and playing in and about 'the hole'.

I would prefer him not to play striker and hope that we could bring one in.

We have lost four goals in two games and Sasa has been at fault for one goal, the second yesterday.

The 1st goal Papac let his man get a cross in far too easily ! It's been a problem imo, for a long time and we lose too many goals from it ! You could even argue that the man who pulled away from everyone at the Corner for the 3rd was Sasa's man.

But to lie all the blame with him is ridiculously harsh, but he certainly hasn't played well and has been at fault for 2 goals.

Juanma seems decent. Only saw small bits but he reminded me a tad of Novo. Pacey, very direct but not afraid to get in about it.

Caught him blessing himself, us big bad prods will of course not stand for that and have a major protest about it. :craphead:

Thought Weir was more at fault for the first goal, left the striker free in the box then dived in, player skipped by him. This has happened a few times in preseason.

Sasa could have closed the winger down more but looked reluctant to dive in in case he got beat.

The third one I don't think you can blame Sasa because he had to come inside to mark a player who had been left unmarked behind Weir.

Spot on that he has not played well, but outside McGregor and possibly Whittaker none of our players have.

I find it hard to comment that much as I did only see 10 minute highlights so will wait on the lads who were over in Germany saying how they saw it.

But yes, I think Davis looked okay, but imposible to tell in highlights ! But on the goals it would definitely seem our defence is just out of sync, awkward and shite. It certainly seems to of effected Sasa as he was playing superb at the end of last Season !

Obviously it's hard to tell from small highlights but think it's pretty obvious going by the reports, commentary and the text updates that we got outplayed yesterday and only created one or two chances.

Davis is meant to be our best midfielder who many regard as our creative spark, he should be getting on the ball and making things happen. Seemed like most his work was running about, working hard. Although that is his best attributes tbh.

It's only friendlies so it does not actually matter.

To an extent of course, I'd be hoping for a better display against Leverkusen but won't hold my breath.

I'd just like to see/hear of us going through the gears attacking wise and score a goal or two and I'd be happy, the central defence right now don't worry me hugely as I know/hope/pleadingly wish they won't be the ones starting for us against Hearts.

In an ideal world we would be performing and winning these games comfortably.

Hoping to see the Leverkusen game live, surely some German tv company will show it since it's a big attraction? Or so it should be...

Totally agree with you mate, really don't wanna see Kirk or Davie at CB or McCulloch in the first eleven. Just hope Ally does know he needs more than one defender and should sign another 2 at least. Still can't fathom with the likes of Healy, Kerkar, Weir, Little have been given deals.

What would you say about a tweak in formation? I'd like to see us try a 4-2-3-1 as it can be very flexible.

'It bit players' I'd like to of seen the back of them, but I agree apart from Healy I wouldn't of kept any of them on. Only Healy for cheap back-up and morale, seems the type who understands Rangers.

We need quality and that's a fact, I want to see players being bought for our starting 11, not for the bench !!

I'm not sure, I would love that formation but I don't think we have the quality for it right now.

McGregor

McMillan Whittaker Weir Papac

McCulloch Davis

Ortiz Naismith Wylde

Jelavic

I don't think Wylde could play that role well, and I'm not sure about Ortiz either and fancy Davis up the pitch more.

McGregor

Whittaker *New* *New* *New*

*New* *New*

Naismith Davis *New*

Jelavic

I think if we were to play that we'd need even more players, of course I wouldn't mind Ness, when fit playing CDM and even Hutton but is it too much of a risk playing them both together?

It's actually pathetic.

I think some people have just missed moaning about everything and anything Rangers in the off season.

There was far too much good news came from the club last week.

Some folks just canny handle so much positivity in the one week.