Strangest Place You've Watched A Rangers Game

Where's the strangest place you have watched a Rangers match?

I'll start ;)

During the 8-in-a-row season in 1996, with around 4/5 matches left to play, and the season still on a knife-edge, Rangers were away to Hearts, and for the 1st time that season me and my mate found ourselves without a ticket.

We went to Tynecastle anyway in the hope of finding some. We didn't :(

If any of the older fans remember .... behind the old Tynecastle there were a block of flats ;)

We tried there in the hope that there was a window on one of the stair landings ... again there wasn't :(

On the way down though, 2nd or 3rd top flat I think, we saw a guy saying bye to someone at his doorway ... on the off-chance I asked him if we could come in and watch the game from his window, lol, and we'd give him a tenner. He went inside to discuss it with his mates, came back and said Yea, but a tenner each. We agreed, still cheaper than the match ticket :)

We went in and there was about 6 or 7 guys .... all Jambos hyped up for the match, scarfs and tops on .. and me and my mate with our Gers tops and scarfs on. We pulled in the couch to the window and watched it with toast and beer with the Jambos, lol.

We lost 2-0, and with around 5 minutes to go, we left as they were getting roudy and noisy with their shitty songs, lol.

Very surreal

About 15-20 years ago I watch us play Celt*c in a bar in Dublin (obvs surrounded by their "fans"). At the time I probably didn't fully understand the extent of our rivalry as I hadn't been to Ibrox many times. If I had been, I may not have been so vocal. iirc, it was actually 0-0, but I could be wrong.

Remarkably it passed off without incident. Other than that, nowhere that unusual, but quite a few different countries around the world.

I watched the rangers vs fiorentina game at the foot of draculas castle in the transylvanian mountains with my pal and a crazy rich Romanian family in there motor home.....I wasn't sure I would make it out alive. Luckily I did and got back to Manchester for the final :).

I watched the rangers vs fiorentina game at the foot of draculas castle in the transylvanian mountains with my pal and a crazy rich Romanian family in there motor home.....I wasn't sure I would make it out alive. Luckily I did and got back to Manchester for the final :).

That might take a bit of beating. :D

That might take a bit of beating. :D

I was scared it was me that was gonna take the beating, the guy who owned it looked like fritzel and was obsessed with screaming MUTU! In my face every 30 seconds...I thought I was gonna end up his next victim. To be fair to them they fed us and kept my drink topped up. Very surreal none the less!

I was scared it was me that was gonna take the beating, the guy who owned it looked like fritzel and was obsessed with screaming MUTU! In my face every 30 seconds...I thought I was gonna end up his next victim. To be fair to them they fed us and kept my drink topped up. Very surreal none the less!

Sounds a scream mate, no joke intended, I would have shit myself and got to fuck out of there. You were brave even taking a drink from him. :rip:

Sounds a scream mate, no joke intended, I would have shit myself and got to fuck out of there. You were brave even taking a drink from him. :rip:

In any other situation I would have turned down his offer of Romanian cooking wine, but I needed a drink the way that game went!

In the 70s we played inverness clach in a friendly.

at half time walked through a hole in the so called fence went for a carry out and back with it for the second half.

those were the days.

ps and we got billy urqhuart. ffs

Where's the strangest place you have watched a Rangers match?

I'll start ;)

During the 8-in-a-row season in 1996, with around 4/5 matches left to play, and the season still on a knife-edge, Rangers were away to Hearts, and for the 1st time that season me and my mate found ourselves without a ticket.

We went to Tynecastle anyway in the hope of finding some. We didn't :(

If any of the older fans remember .... behind the old Tynecastle there were a block of flats ;)

We tried there in the hope that there was a window on one of the stair landings ... again there wasn't :(

On the way down though, 2nd or 3rd top flat I think, we saw a guy saying bye to someone at his doorway ... on the off-chance I asked him if we could come in and watch the game from his window, lol, and we'd give him a tenner. He went inside to discuss it with his mates, came back and said Yea, but a tenner each. We agreed, still cheaper than the match ticket :)

We went in and there was about 6 or 7 guys .... all Jambos hyped up for the match, scarfs and tops on .. and me and my mate with our Gers tops and scarfs on. We pulled in the couch to the window and watched it with toast and beer with the Jambos, lol.

We lost 2-0, and with around 5 minutes to go, we left as they were getting roudy and noisy with their shitty songs, lol.

Very surreal

One time a watched it in the hoose. That was fkn strange lol