Kenny Miller

RFC55

I really wish people would stop saying this!

When we sold him for £400k he had 6months left on his contract and could have left for nothing, we were desperate to get something for him rather than lose him for free...so of course we are going to sell him cheaper.

Miller wants to leave but why would Bursaspor sell him as cheaply as we did, hes not due to run out of contract and they dont need the money?!

Sadly we have board members of rangers saying this...no wonder idiots are repeating it..... :disappointment:

Do these "bumper" new contracts account for the money Whyte pledged, if so then fine but if not why the ridiculous bid for Miller?

This bid has made us look like amateurs and our reasoning (that they paid 400k for him a few months ago) shows a ridiculous naivety that i don't want to hear coming from anyone speaking for my club.

Who knows what Lloyds would have done, you certainly don't.....

2 days ago the Miller thread was full of people saying it was a disgrace that we might pay £1 million for someone we sold for £400,000 6 months. Now it's a disgrace that we didn't. You should've returned a few days earlier and joined in that debate, you're never one for doing a strange 180 on a player depending on how it makes our board seem after all....

I dont think its embarrassing at all you offer a fee if its not accepted you move on to other targets.

No point setting a price your prepared to pay then going over it.

we sold him only a few months ago as his contract only had a few months left on it...you would think we would realise that more years left on contract means he is worth more cash.

It's a basic of football transfers....i'm surprised they didn't bid 8 million for ceuller going by there current logic.....

Sadly we have board members of rangers saying this...no wonder idiots are repeating it..... :disappointment:

Who said that mate?

If they have then thats stupid, anyone with half a brain can see why we sold him so cheaply!

ON topic i dont think £800k-£1m is really that much for a player like Miller although in all the footballing world surely it would make better business sense to sign someone for £1-2m with sell on potential.

But again you have to ask are we choosing not to play £1m for Miller because we are sticking to our guns or because we dont have the money...

2 days ago the Miller thread was full of people saying it was a disgrace that we might pay £1 million for someone we sold for £400,000 6 months. Now it's a disgrace that we didn't. You should've returned a few days earlier and joined in that debate, you're never one for doing a strange 180 on a player depending on how it makes our board seem after all....

these people were clearly idiots...like yourself....

I was on holiday for the last six weeks...is that ok by you.... (tu)

Based on what.

He would have improved the squad and would have been a good bit of business for 900k. Ally wanted him, the board have failed him....unless they see sense and up the bid...

im basing my opinion on the fact we made a play for hemed, and also goodwillie long before the miller story broke

if miller had said he was happy and settled in turkey, imo the club wouldnt have bothered whatsoever with him, to me it seemed like rangers were just trying to take advantage of a situation

not that i was bothered, miller coming back would have given us another option, i just dont feel that rangers made him their top target

I don't normally make a habit of making a personal post but you are bang out of order. Any excuse to hate Miller, eh?

Rangers offered HALF the money Cardiff offered and Bursaspor refused it. Rangers would not up their offer, so Cardiff is the only bidder at the auction who is above the reserve price - so Kenny has all of one team to choose from.

Regardless of how much Bursa offered for Whittaker, they had a bid of £880k on the table and therefore would be absolutely stupid to accept a bid of £400k - regardless of the team involved.

The failure here is Rangers. They made it absolutely public that Miller was their target and the club wanted him back, then made an offer that was less than half of the asking price and then 'apparently' dropped out like a wee boy in a big mans auction - all for the sake of £480k!

Rangers were given 24 hours to up the bid, from what I have read and that was at 4pm yesterday. This came from Bursaspor who had initially said Miller would sign for Cardiff that night - which did not happen. Maybe, Miller was asking Rangers to 'come get me' because he does wish to ne a Bear again?

Jumping into a player before he has even signed a contract because you heard a rumour is low.

No you are bang out of order. I don't hate Miller and if you care to check my posts on the subject you will find i have always been a supporter of his.

I was annoyed with us for letting him go for such a ridiculous sum six months ago. Buraspor screwed us for money when they knew we had to sell him or risk losing him for nothing at the end of the season, because at that stage we could not afford his wage demands due to our financial woes. So we were just doing a bit of hard bargaining back. But Ally said we may miss out to the more financial EPL clubs and he was right.

Who said that mate?

If they have then thats stupid, anyone with half a brain can see why we sold him so cheaply!

ON topic i dont think £800k-£1m is really that much for a player like Miller although in all the footballing world surely it would make better business sense to sign someone for £1-2m with sell on potential.

But again you have to ask are we choosing not to play £1m for Miller because we are sticking to our guns or because we dont have the money...

We offered to pay Bursaspor what they paid us, which we felt was fair. We were willing to give them their money back.

"They had the player for six months when he obviously wasn't playing for Rangers.

"I wasn't involved in the discussions but from our point of view it was fair."

Gordon smith...i like Gordon, he's a great guy and is a rangers man of that there is no debate but he is prone to opening his mouth without thinking.....

im basing my opinion on the fact we made a play for hemed, and also goodwillie long before the miller story broke

if miller had said he was happy and settled in turkey, imo the club wouldnt have bothered whatsoever with him, to me it seemed like rangers were just trying to take advantage of a situation

not that i was bothered, miller coming back would have given us another option, i just dont feel that rangers made him their top target

Someone was saying this in the pub, after a quote from McCoist saying that Miller hasnt been out of his thoughts and that hes been speaking to him in general...

I dont think Miller was anywhere near our wanted list until this unsettled stuff came about!

these people were clearly idiots...like yourself....

I was on holiday for the last six weeks...is that ok by you.... (tu)

I should really find that old topic where you called me an idiot for claiming we wouldn't miss Miller as Lafferty or Naismith would score a similar amount of goals if given a run of games as a striker

Us idiots always pull one out of the bag now and again

I'm not interested in your social life, i just find it hilarious/embarrassing that you hated Miller until the day we sold him, and now you're his biggest fan

For GCL's information, the members who were in the category that you describe Irwin, were the Miller haters. The members of this board who would welcome a goalscorer to The Rangers, were all of the opinion that anything less than £1.1M and the deal would be decent.

So without your twist, I am certain the bears on here who have no agenda against Miller, would be happy to pay £880k for the striker.

I have said it, as have others. Miller is on an 18 month contract, so that immediately inflates the value of £400k 6 months ago - regardless if Miller wants away. The initial fee of £1.5M was asked by bursa but I hear that Miller requested a transfer and that means he waives any right to a loyalty bonus, meaning Bursa can offload cheaper.

The miller story broke months ago but no one believed it....he was someone ally wanted back and was in dialouge with before he took over.

if we can get better for 900k my criticisim is invalid...i await to see that happening....

I should really find that old topic where you called me an idiot for claiming we wouldn't miss Miller as Lafferty or Naismith would score a similar amount of goals if given a run of games as a striker

Us idiots always pull one out of the bag now and again

Of course we missed miller, kyle lafferty is nowhere near the player he is and if performing 5 games this season makes you think he is thwen you are an even bigger idiot than i thought....but lets not change the topic, i am enjoying laughing at you making an arse of yourself.....

For GCL's information, the members who were in the category that you describe Irwin, were the Miller haters. The members of this board who would welcome a goalscorer to The Rangers, were all of the opinion that anything less than £1.1M and the deal would be decent.

So without your twist, I am certain the bears on here who have no agenda against Miller, would be happy to pay £880k for the striker.

I have said it, as have others. Miller is on an 18 month contract, so that immediately inflates the value of £400k 6 months ago - regardless if Miller wants away. The initial fee of £1.5M was asked by bursa but I hear that Miller requested a transfer and that means he waives any right to a loyalty bonus, meaning Bursa can offload cheaper.

lol, Not wanting to spend £1 million on a near 32 year old makes you a "hater" now does it?

Of course we missed miller, kyle lafferty is nowhere near the player he is and if performing 5 games this season makes you think he is thwen you are an even bigger idiot than i thought....but lets not change the topic, i am enjoying laughing at you making an arse of yourself.....

Idiot really is your word of choice. But didn't it used to be Khenny? Or was it Mhiller?

No you are bang out of order. I don't hate Miller and if you care to check my posts on the subject you will find i have always been a supporter of his.

I was annoyed with us for letting him go for such a ridiculous sum six months ago. Buraspor screwed us for money when they knew we had to sell him or risk losing him for nothing at the end of the season, because at that stage we could not afford his wage demands due to our financial woes. So we were just doing a bit of hard bargaining back. But Ally said we may miss out to the more financial EPL clubs and he was right.

Okay, so you like Miller and dd not want him to go but you are blaming him for this fiasco and suddenly dislike him for it?

We let him go at £400k because we were screwed financially. Bursa offered a starting figure and as per usual, under Bain and the bank, we snatched their arm off, instead of negotiating a better deal for us. Not because Bursa screwed us.

Bursa have the upper hand here, because they have a second club interested and they have matched the asking price. The ball falls back into RFC's court and we do the usual - tail between our legs, walking away feeling sorry for ourselves and blaming the selling club for wanting more money.

The fight is not over until it is reported officially, but if Rangers fail to meet the £880k asking price, it indicates to me that we are not as financially secure as Whyte makes out.

i like to call a spade a spade...

Who used to call Kenny miller that? If you are inferring it was me find one post where i have used that term....happy hunting.....(tu)

You hated Kenny Miller when he was here. Then as soon as we sold him, he became this martyr in your eyes who you'd happily spend hours defending. I'd love to hear an explanation for it, out of curiosity really

Appears Miller has given us the flick again. has apparently signed for Cardiff for three years on 35k a week.

So much for wanting to come back to us.

The really funny thing is Buraspors manager saying our offer of 440k was ridiculous. Funny he didn't think it was ridiculous when he offered the same amount for him six months ago.

Sorry Kenny but you can fuck right off now for mine.

Given us the flick? Out with his hands that Bursa rejected a bid.

440k is ridiculous... Bursaspor would have been laughing their heads off at us letting him go for that. Not their fault that we let him go for buttons.

lol, Not wanting to spend £1 million on a near 32 year old makes you a "hater" now does it?

Having had two weeks off work and relaxing at home, I have had plenty of time on here and I have been part of the debates on Miller etc. One of those debates, you said GCL should have came back earlier for, and that debate started off with the clear Miller haters. Those same haters would argue the toss on everything and I was stunned by the sheer hatred shown.

The thread started without any fee's mentioned and then I broke the news of the asking fee being £1.5M and the media broke it as £1.1M. As soon as that came out, the members who clearly hate miller for being a 'Judas' jamp on that as the reason we should not sign him.

Even if £400k was accepted, the haters did not want to sign him but as soon as £1M was mentioned, they had an easy excuse to hide behind the hate.

Given us the flick? Out with his hands that Bursa rejected a bid.

440k is ridiculous... Bursaspor would have been laughing their heads off at us letting him go for that. Not their fault that we let him go for buttons.

What about their £300,000 bid for Whittaker? I'm glad we wasted those timewasting Turkish cunts time, even if it was only 20 minutes of it

You hated Kenny Miller when he was here. Then as soon as we sold him, he became this martyr in your eyes who you'd happily spend hours defending. I'd love to hear an explanation for it, out of curiosity really

Find one post where i even hinted at hating him and you will get your wish and i won't post here again, if you can't find one you could toddle off.

Deal wee man ?

this should be fun......

Find one post where i even hinted at hating him and you will get your wish and i won't post here again, if you can't find one you could toddle off.

Deal wee man ?

this should be fun......

I'm secure enough in my brain's faculties to not have to join in your silly games. Not to mention the fact that this is the first time you've ever denied it, despite me mentioning it about five times.