Leggat Wrings His Hands ?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BP9 is a roaster but if you ask around on here TWB is the best person at fishing on this board. He sees the people that get wound up by his post and he keeps laying the bait for them. Everyone of them seem to bite.

I have evidence this is the case, a dossier if you like :sherlock:

No matter what their motives were, they've won round many of their fiercest critics and got them to sing to their tune.

I'm tired of people like Martin Luther using clips like those of Fry as some sort of verification measure to their own bigoted, warped belief system. There's a difference between when Stephen Fry, a man not intolerant but in "disagreement" with most religions as a very open atheist, and some rabid 'proud Protestant' who's never been to Church once in their life saying it to justify their own accidental hate. i.e. I hate red because I'm blue.

So many people argue that "apartheid" schooling, in regards to segregated schooling from within the Catholic and Islamic faiths for example, is appalling in this day in age and that integration* would bring an end, to a great extent, the sectarianism in the west of Scotland; yet something warns me inside that even if this was to be put into action and even if this was to eliminate a great deal of animosity between those of different faiths in the future, it would never change the mindset to some of these 'proud Protestants' that flood this forum to the brink, as well as the 'devout Caffliks' we all come across on a regular basis with their over-sized crucifixes and bumblebee tops on.

Some people hate first and find their reasoning later. That's dangerous and is certainly the case for many on here, with Martin Luther most certainly being one.

*In reference to that argument of integration 'cooling' the hostility, if you like, between Catholic and Protestant children, I really think that the most important aspect of all is continually ignored when this very subject is discussed: you cannot have Catholic and Protestant children - it isn't viable and it isn't fair. None of us would label our children by our own political preferences i.e. Look at that Conservative child playing with that Labour child, how disgusting. We wouldn't do that because children are too young to understand the complexity of politics and economics nevermind books of faith.

So many children are lost in the maze of their parents' own religious idiocy and, at such a young age when they really are walking-sponges thirsting for a template to lead their lives and for something to believe in, they're incapable of ever escaping it before they've already had the Christian faith bashed into their heads with a mallet.

Integration wouldn't only cool this hostility but I believe it would question the children to why all of these other children of different faiths had been portrayed as different.

Funny how a rant evolves quickly.

Someone should tell the FA to ditch "Abide with me" then at the FA Cup Final :ph34r:

English FA you mean? Nothing to do with us though is it? What happens down there is of no concern to me, my only concern is Rangers and i dont think we should be going to watch our heros and singing songs about religion, especially ones with hatred in their tones and lyrics. Nice wee tunes maybe, but there is a time and place and football is neither the time or place. I hate the Catholic church as much as anyone but Ibrox and following Rangers is not the place for me to vent that hatred. Please do not take offence i do not wish to argue with you about this, as i said to Casey, i am on your side of the fence so to speak.

English FA you mean? Nothing to do with us though is it? What happens down there is of no concern to me, my only concern is Rangers and i dont think we should be going to watch our heros and singing songs about religion, especially ones with hatred in their tones and lyrics. Nice wee tunes maybe, but there is a time and place and football is neither the time or place. I hate the Catholic church as much as anyone but Ibrox and following Rangers is not the place for me to vent that hatred. Please do not take offence i do not wish to argue with you about this, as i said to Casey, i am on your side of the fence so to speak.

Or i could say that you can bless yourself and express your religious beliefs to all and sundry but you can't sing about them. Quite odd don't you think?

So no place for "Follow Follow then

Though the straits be broad or narrow

It's Follow we will, Follow we will, Follow we will

Though the straits be broad or narrow, It's Follow we will

We will Follow in the footsteps of our team - God bless them

Or i could say that you can bless yourself and express your religious beliefs to all and sundry but you can't sing about them. Quite odd don't you think?

So no place for "Follow Follow then

Though the straits be broad or narrow

It's Follow we will, Follow we will, Follow we will

Though the straits be broad or narrow, It's Follow we will

We will Follow in the footsteps of our team - God bless them

I would ban blessing. Any form of religious preaching/actions should have been banned long before they banned players from celebrating goals.

You missed out the best bit of the song! :) I stand by, no place for religion in football and if that means we drop one line, not even a line, from one of our fans favourite songs, then so be it.

I would ban blessing. Any form of religious preaching/actions should have been banned long before they banned players from celebrating goals.

You missed out the best bit of the song! :) I stand by, no place for religion in football and if that means we drop one line, not even a line, from one of our fans favourite songs, then so be it.

Bang goes GSTQ too.

i will not surrender my views. "if" i feel like shouting fuck the pope i will.

to be honest i dnt understand why any1 can be offended by me saying fuck the pope!!! its not a big outrageous remark.

i may refrain from doing so at rangers games. just depends on how i am feeling.

i also believe we should sing the billy boys loud and proud as it is not religeous.

fenian= celtic supporter with republican views, be they white/black/yellow or catholic/protestant/jew/muslim or hari fuckin krishna.

this arguement is pointless as people will not surrender there views just because some catholics have a bee in their bonnet.

If you guys on here think that if you Stop singing a few songs and they are going to leave every body alone at Ibrox then they are living in a different World they wont stop at this and, will continue to Hinder Rangers Football Club and the fans .

Trust me this is only the beginning .

I am not a member of the OOrder, or do I sing any of the alledgedly sectarian songs, but when they tell me I cant sing my National Anthem and Cannot Fly the Union Flag then I will fight that.

The OOrder have rights to March the Streets the Same way the Students (who cause more Destruction) ,Miners ,Hibs Walk or Nationalists do, or the Pipe Band from Auchenshuggle have .

Until you ban all of the above, I dont think they have any right to ban Songs from one and, not the other.

Its called Democracy and Human Rights.

I don't believe with this stop the Songs and all will be ok and they will leave us alone . It wont happen and they will look for more things to get Rangers and the Fans for .

They hate the whole Ethos of our Club and cant stand anything associated with our famous Club.This IMO

The first step to stop it is to get rid of religious schools.

Education should be free of religion(fairy stories).

When you leave school it is you're right to choose what you want to believe, but children should not be brainwashed into anything.

School should teach facts, not other people's beliefs

Times have changed and people's attitude with it.

In the early 80s i was a two and a half man and played in a flute band out of Queen St in Renfrew. I attended games home and away and the marching season was the highlight of the summer, with the songs and religous fortitude being at the forefront of my daily life.

Roll on 2011 i am obviously older and hopefully wiser than i was as a young man. I am also more open to others beliefs and have no issue with who someome worships, what sexual orientation they chose and whether they believe Coronation Street is a true reflection on life.

I have buried family both Catholic and Protestant and attended the services in the relevant churches and do you know what i didnt catch any unknown disease. I was treated with respect in both churches even although those in the catholic church knew me well and my history in the lodge. True religous people can usually see past the stupidness of the OF and the sectarian undertones, those of us who have no tolerance need to take a step back and think what real harm is there in following another religion.

On the other hand those of us who have either lost family in the forces due to war or terrorist actions will always carry the scars of loss. I have stated previously that the IRA and those that glorify their actions should rot in hell. The singing of the songs glorifying these animals should be stopped and those who declare their hatred of all things imperial, as they say, should be returned to the country of their claimed allegiance, after all it is over you know.

So all in all what i need to say is this and its from my point of view and doesnt need to hit the right note with everyone on here who posts. We dont need to sing FTP as it really is a mute point but we should be singing loud and proud against those fenians and the political cause they claim to follow.

So no more FTP from me but a loud and proud rendition of the Billy Boys including the fenian blood (its political by the way).

Tell me where and when you have heard a better football anthem than the Billy Boys when all four stands belt it out.

Funny seeing the PC anti religious posts on here and anti hate and so on. Yet you can bet anything, come the new season and when its at its peak, the hate will be right to the brim on this forum for Neil Lennon or Celtic and all sorts of words will be used and most likely by the same people on here commenting on it.

This forum was FULL of it after last seasons OF games. So please, drop the nonsense.

Funny seeing the PC anti religious posts on here and anti hate and so on. Yet you can bet anything, come the new season and when its at its peak, the hate will be right to the brim on this forum for Neil Lennon or Celtic and all sorts of words will be used and most likely by the same people on here commenting on it.

This forum was FULL of it after last seasons OF games. So please, drop the nonsense.

Thats your call mate, i can hate anyone for any reason i see fit but i wont hate someone because of their religion. I will hate Celtic and Lennon because one is Celtic and the other is Lennon not because they are catholics.

Thats your call mate, i can hate anyone for any reason i see fit but i wont hate someone because of their religion. I will hate Celtic and Lennon because one is Celtic and the other is Lennon not because they are catholics.

No one says they hate him because of his religion. But you see comments ALL the time on here telling people to go home, calling them fenian, taig, etc. If you dish it out (which many people on this forum do), then don't go complaining about it.

No one says they hate him because of his religion. But you see comments ALL the time on here telling people to go home, calling them fenian, taig, etc. If you dish it out (which many people on this forum do), then don't go complaining about it.

Absolutely spot on. (tu)

I would agree with what you are saying but a few posters on here, myself included do tend to contradict themselves from one post to another. I put this down to being unable to correctly express your feelings or point of view in writing rather than in person.

My stance is that i cant hate Catholics for being just that, but i can hate republicans (fenians) albeit they will probably be Catholic.

It would be interesting to see what the general concensus is on this point, do people hate Catholics in a whole or just Irish catholics or like me the terrorist supporting republicans.

Otherwise, good debate.