Maurice Edu

SteveJ

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Player given extra time off due to playing games for country when rest of his teammates back home are off on holiday , in tweeting on holiday shocker :ohmy:

whatever next for the bumping of gums brigade , you know Lee is fit again don't you haven't seen a thread on him for nearly 2 months now ...

I think the point is that given his absolutely horrendous 2010/11 season, rather than extending his break, he should be keen to get back working with the rest of the squad and giving himself the best chance to be a fitter and better player this season.

(tu)

I think the point is that given his absolutely horrendous 2010/11 season, rather than extending his break, he should be keen to get back working with the rest of the squad and giving himself the best chance to be a fitter and better player this season.

(tu)

Extending what break? He's been playing in a tournament for the USA, not lying on a beach

How will having no summer break improve him as a footballer? He'll be out on his feet by October

:lol:

I feel sorry for Edu, ever since I've first watched Rangers there has always been the one player who cops it more than he deserves; Edu is that man at present !

It has always been so because it is The Law - no point in worrying about it

Anyway, I'm glad Edu is in the US as it's obvious from our first couple of games that our midfield is much better without him

(tu)

All players need a break there is no point a tired Edu turning up till he's had a wee break.

Remember Edu had a bad start to pre season last season as well having competed in the World cup

Awwwww. Players need a wee holiday and some rest. Working 12 hours a week tires them out and they all deserve a wee break :anuguish:

In every other walk of life, if your shit at your job then you either, buck up your ideas by working harder and longer or you get shipped out.

I couldnt give a monkeys fuk about USA. Edu should be training hard with our team right now. In fact, he should be training harder than anyone else given his performances last season. (tu)

What a fucking joke :lol:

Edu was still playing games til middle/late june...surely he's entitled to have his 4/5 weeks off that all the other players in our squad got. doh

People honestly do just find the smallest thing to complain about.. Would you rather he just came straight back to training without a break and ends up burning himself out the second week of august?

He's tweeting like he's on holiday because he fucking is :lol::wanker:

Awwwww. Players need a wee holiday and some rest. Working 12 hours a week tires them out and they all deserve a wee break :anuguish:

In every other walk of life, if your shit at your job then you either, buck up your ideas by working harder and longer or you get shipped out.

I couldnt give a monkeys fuk about USA. Edu should be training hard with our team right now. In fact, he should be training harder than anyone else given his performances last season. (tu)

Utterly embarrassing.

The OP must really have to much time on his hands. Looking up Edu´s tweeter, coming on RM and spouting a lot of bile. As for Edu give the guy a break FFS. He might be pish but over the years we´ve had countless diddies at this club who´ve contributed less and never received half the stick.

Fuck sake, the lad had a poor season overall but he was fantastic in the last 3 or 4 games of the season. He put in a few crunching tackles at Ibrox against Hearts and Dundee United, aswell as puting in a power of work closing down players against Motherwell and Kilmarnock. It would seem that a lot of you have very selective memories when it comes to Mo. He was pretty solid in his first 2 seasons, has scored some important goals, performed well in Europe and has had a couple of bad injuries along the way. I am in no way excusing the way he performed for the vast majority of last season but he ended it in very impressive fashion and I for one am hopeful that he carries on that good form into the start of this season and shuts some of you moaning bastards up.

Extending what break? He's been playing in a tournament for the USA, not lying on a beach

How will having no summer break improve him as a footballer? He'll be out on his feet by October

Hold on a minute - some fans are defending the 'poor lad' because he played in a Tournament, after our season had finished. What the hell has that got to do with Rangers?

What will happen next year? Will the domestic season kick-off in September, because the poor guys have had to play in Euro 2012?

Rangers have a game in two weeks time and we start our CL qualification three days later, yet we have Edu in the USA giving not one hoot about it. After the way he has played recently, he should be in Germany, cleaning the boots of the players who actualy won the league for us!

Weve missed him the last couple of games.

Edu gets back extremely well to defend when other teams have the ball, something I noticed watching back a couple of the games towards the end of the season and just watching Edu and how he recovers the ball. His pace is extremely useful as he gets back to challenge for balls that someone like Mcculloch would be nowhere near allowing him to go further up the park when we need to but get back and get in front of other players when we need to stop them breaking up play and he actually does that pretty well.

Im not going to say he had a great season last year because he did have a very rough patch but it didnt help that every dodgy touch he took he was hounded at from all quarters of Ibrox. The guy has played his part extremely well in our title run ins and picked up his form towards the end of the season, along with the rest of the team. He is under contract and plays for the US National team so anyone coming in for him would have to pay top dollar for his services, IMO starting around £4M would be fair I reckon.

Hold on a minute - some fans are defending the 'poor lad' because he played in a Tournament, after our season had finished. What the hell has that got to do with Rangers?

What will happen next year? Will the domestic season kick-off in September, because the poor guys have had to play in Euro 2012?

Rangers have a game in two weeks time and we start our CL qualification three days later, yet we have Edu in the USA giving not one hoot about it. After the way he has played recently, he should be in Germany, cleaning the boots of the players who actualy won the league for us!

1. It does us fuck all good having a player who is knackered after a few weeks of the season because he's been playing football week in week out for an entire year. It doesnt really have anything to do with Rangers but I didn't realise players weren't allowed to represent their countries anymore if they are employed by Rangers.

2. The domestic season kick-off hasn't been moved forward to September for the players playing in the Gold Cup this summer so i fail to see what your point is about next summer. Players involved in the Euros next summer will get an extended break just as Edu did this summer for playing in the Gold Cup and the players who played at the World Cup did last summer.

3. As for your remark that he should be cleaning the boots of the other players because of his performances recently. Yes he had a shit season but his recent performances in the post split games were very good and he quite rightly has 3 league winners medals to his name.

Who cares what he tweets to weiss there mates just because there footballers dosent mean they shouldent have the right to tweet or facebook or whatever and whoever said do we have to nitpick at everything i would say it certainly seems so :angry:

Weve missed him the last couple of games.

Edu gets back extremely well to defend when other teams have the ball, something I noticed watching back a couple of the games towards the end of the season and just watching Edu and how he recovers the ball. His pace is extremely useful as he gets back to challenge for balls that someone like Mcculloch would be nowhere near allowing him to go further up the park when we need to but get back and get in front of other players when we need to stop them breaking up play and he actually does that pretty well.

Im not going to say he had a great season last year because he did have a very rough patch but it didnt help that every dodgy touch he took he was hounded at from all quarters of Ibrox. The guy has played his part extremely well in our title run ins and picked up his form towards the end of the season, along with the rest of the team. He is under contract and plays for the US National team so anyone coming in for him would have to pay top dollar for his services, IMO starting around £4M would be fair I reckon.

I liked Edu and desperately wanted him to be a success but he's just not good enough.

Yes he is good at breaking up the play, both the oppositions and our own. Even when he wins the ball more often than not he will lose it again. He can't pass the ball 5 yards but can trap it further than Albertz can kick it. He's just an athlete with no footballing ability. I'd sell him for 1 million in a second.