***the Rangers 0 Vs. 1 Malmo Ff Thread***

Muff

That was very poor. No excuses and the best team on the night won.

Our tactics were baffling. The 3-5-2 is not a formation I like but if Ally was of the mind to use it then he needed to ensure he had the players to make it work. Frankly, I couldn't work out what Edu's role was but whatever it was he failed miserably. He hardly touched the ball, was lazy in terms of his closing down and in the 2nd half he hid. Why on earth Davis was playing so deep is bewildering. Even when Oritiz came on and we dispensed with the 3-5-2, Davis was often deeper than the wretched Whittaker. Mind you, at least Whittaker never hid, unlike the feeble Edu who frankly was a disgrace.

In the 2nd half, we created chances but Naismith had one of those nights when nothing went right for him. What worried me most though was the lack of urgency in the last 15 minutes. We seemed to settle for 0-1 and instead of taking risks we settled for the simple ball. Either that or we ran out of ideas.

Ally needs to bring in some new players. The calibre of the players on the bench is shockingly poor and I don't blame Ally for not making changes but what an indictment of a club our size.

Wallace was average and I thought his dive when in a great position in the last 3rd summed up the craven nature of our display. McGregor was outstanding, Jealovic did quite well, Davis was industrious, I thought that McCulloch spread and switched the play quite well and Naismith never hides no matter how bad things get but too many of those players are not good enough and Edu caved in under the criticsm he was receiving.

The long ball tactic is too predictable and we don't have the players to make it work.

I'm worried.

Another thing, I was a big supporter of Whittaker and was pretty chuffed he got such a lucrative new contract. Based on the last two games though, he needs to have a word with himself. He might have his new contract, but he can get to fuck if he thinks this kind of performance is good enough.

Whilst I'm angry and disappointed by tonights shambolic performance, I think it's a tad to early to be calling for McCoist's head. However, I do understand the frustration. When I watched him tonight, I got the distinct feeling that he was out of his depth. I do hope I'm wrong!

Naismith should play just off Jelavic, they were superb together tail end of last season. Knew where each other was all the time. There just both playing like a pair of fannies

naismith should play right where he played best last season. Jelavic needs a hard working player beside him that can run channels etc Goodwillie is a must now.

If that was our players fired up and ready then god fucking help us for the rest of the season. 5 4 1 starting formation and we still lose a goal... what does it take for a manager to realise the ball will just keep coming back at us... god knows what fucking position edu was playing in 2nd half and lee can just gtf, we didn't need him at the end of last season, we sure as hell don't need him now. Whittaker started poor but got better, our full backs played better when they had someone on front of them. We will be devastating on the wing with wylde n Wallace... jela needs to fucking wake up and stop trying all this fancy pish and naisy looks like his old self...

aw poor we ally is feeling down, oh what a shame.

you and your team you picked were absolute bollocks, you haven't a clue how to manage you think watching walter would help you especially pretty much having walters team out there, this job has gone way over your head.

we were crying out for fresh faces and you stood there lost like a wee boy in the forrest.

How long before the shambolic midfield pairing that is Edu and Jig before it is split up? Will it take Big Jig to get injured again for them not to play on a football park together?

Deary me how the fuck can he not see that? anyone in the middle of the park bar those 2 together.

Sadly this is true, its fucking sickening that these two are still at the club never mind being our first choice midfield pairing. It's our weakest area (of many) and teams constantly saunter by them like they're not there. Happened last season on many occasion and it clearly still hasn't been identified.

naismith should play right where he played best last season. Jelavic needs a hard working player beside him that can run channels etc Goodwillie is a must now.

I hope Whyte is listening. No more fucking about with cash. If the cash is there, fucking spend it. And now!!

If we play 3 at the back ever again, I'll lose the plot. The players don't know who to mark, they have no idea how to play in this formation. Nobody cares if it can turn into a 5 in the middle attacking formation. Get it to fuck!

I keep seeing the same old traditonal football comments about passion, heart etc. People wake the fuck up. Our midfield is AWFUL. Edu and McCulloch are utter shite and can't control a ball, never mind control the midfield. They struggle to put passes together and to help us keep a high tempo and to keep pressure on teams because they keep giving the ball away.

I said this after the Hearts game, a lack of creative spark in the middle of that park and a ball player is stopping us from keeping the pressure on the opposition. It showed yet again. How can you expect us to compete with Edu and McCulloch. Simply dreadful "footballers".

We need a central midfielder. Simple as that. And some one who can put the ball in the net because that was another dreadful performance from Naismith.

Can't find any fault with what you've said about Edu and Jig and the MF in general, although (call me crazy) I will maintain faith in Naisy and Jela in spite of the last two games.

If we play 3 at the back ever again, I'll lose the plot. The players don't know who to mark, they have no idea how to play in this formation. Nobody cares if it can turn into a 5 in the middle attacking formation. Get it to fuck!

This is where Ally's inexperience will come back to haunt us imo. It's almost as if he was playing football manager tonight. :(

Sadly this is true, its fucking sickening that these two are still at the club never mind being our first choice midfield pairing. It's our weakest area (of many) and teams constantly saunter by them like they're not there. Happened last season on many occasion and it clearly still hasn't been identified.

With all due respect m8, it has by every single punter watching, which makes it all the more maddening that management continually refuse to see it.