Gregg Wylde Just Wants To Start

julescotia

Joking aside Wylde must improve, to get into our first 11, from a dead ball he is fantastic, but on run the wee man seems unable to deliver a decent ball after he has beat his man, to many times its to long, two close to Keeper or straight out of play.

He may be young but if he's shouting about wanting Starts we have every right to ask for improvents in his overall play. Having pace and be able to deliver a good dead ball is not enough to get him into this starting 11.

Step up and play Mr Wylde!!!

Am i the only one that doesnt get the hype with Wylde...

His crossing and final ball as seen on Saturday is usually horrible, he does the same thing again and again even if hes in the middle of the pitch he will turn out wide run as fast as he can and try aand cross it...he was only on the park 2mins and everyone sitting next to me knew exactly what he was going to do...and if we all know then theres a very good chance other teams are as well!

Hes got potential though and i hope he can learn quickly but hes not good enough to start every game IMO...

I think he would have caused more problems than Ortiz on Saturday as the Hearts defender had Ortiz for pace.

When he did come on he did reasonable well and you could see the Hearts defence were struggling against pace.

Ortiz will do well for us though as with his trickery you dont need to be fast, prefer to see him on the right rather than playing out of position.

Fuck me gently. People basically turning on Wylde already doh

Wylde has the raw tools to be a really good player, he isn't going to improve without games and experience and although he blew hot and cold he showed in the tail end of last season that he can play without it being to the detriment of the team.

I think that Wylde was a big reason behind us suddenly becoming a better team in the run-in to last season.

People keep saying he is too predictable - but it doesn't matter if it's effective. He is an old school winger who has a one dimensional attitude - beat your man withe pace and wip a dangerous cross in. It's something we haven;t had for years.

Okay, sometimes it comes off, sometimes it doesn't but he gives us natural width which makes the shape and balance of the team a a lot better IMO. He also has the pace to get in behind defenders which also cause problems for opponents.

Yes he has lot's to improve on but whenever he's started, we've looked a much better team. I think it was harsh to drop him.

We need wide attacking players on both wings, when we have more than one outlet out wide, we become a dangerous team, when we only have one we become to predictable. We need to go with Wylde and Ortiz/Naismith on the wings on Tuesday

I think that Wylde was a big reason behind us suddenly becoming a better team in the run-in to last season.

Spot on. He offered us some genuine width and didn't need to stop/cut back to deliver his crosses. needs game time to improve more. If he doesn't get it he could end up stagnating in the same way Fleck has.

Will McCoist have the balls to drop some of the favourites?

Spot on. He offered us some genuine width and didn't need to stop/cut back to deliver his crosses. needs game time to improve more. If he doesn't get it he could end up stagnating in the same way Fleck has.

Will McCoist have the balls to drop some of the favourites?

No, probably not.

The trouble is, he is probably really good friends with say Lee McCulloch for example. So I think the chances of a player like Lee getting dropped are minimal or even non-existant.

No, probably not.

The trouble is, he is probably really good friends with say Lee McCulloch for example. So I think the chances of a player like Lee getting dropped are minimal or even non-existant.

McCulloch is the type of guy who managers love. As you say, i'd imagine him and Ally are good mates off the pitch too

Greg Wylde is not good enough to start for The Rangers. Tries to simply push the ball to the left of the defender and run past him. It works occasionally of course. But he's a one trick pony tbh. We need better.

That said, he can put in a good ball. But needs to improve before he is a regular starter.

imho of course. (tu)

McCulloch is the type of guy who managers love. As you say, i'd imagine him and Ally are good mates off the pitch too

Yep. Ally needs to make it clear he is an authority figure and not a peer of people like Lee even though they are probably good mates.

I'm sure SAF was great friends with Neville, Scholes, Giggs etc but it never got in the way of him picking a youngster ahead of them if he thought it was the best thing for the team.

Greg Wylde is not good enough to start for The Rangers. Tries to simply push the ball to the left of the defender and run past him. It works occasionally of course. But he's a one trick pony tbh. We need better.

That said, he can put in a good ball. But needs to improve before he is a regular starter.

imho of course. (tu)

No he doesn't. He was a regular starter at the end of last season when we were winning games 4-0 and 5-0 etc. He is our best option at left wing and should be played unless we bring in someone better which I doubt we will.

No he doesn't. He was a regular starter at the end of last season when we were winning games 4-0 and 5-0 etc. He is our best option at left wing and should be played unless we bring in someone better which I doubt we will.

Well. saying a player does not need to improve... Everyone need to improve, or strive to at least.

He needs a little more in his bag of tricks though. Does nothing against 'them' since as I stated... everyone knows his game. He might be our best option, but that in and of itself doesn't mean he's good enough.

(tu)

There are games when Wylde should be starting on the left and then there are other games when he should be used as an impact sub.

He is our best option for LW right now and until someone comes in then he is our best option out there.

Well. saying a player does not need to improve... Everyone need to improve, or strive to at least.

He needs a little more in his bag of tricks though. Does nothing against 'them' since as I stated... everyone knows his game. He might be our best option, but that in and of itself doesn't mean he's good enough.

(tu)

Of course he needs to improve, I never said otherwise.

All this 'good enough' talk is pish. If he is our best option in that position, then he deserves to start. The majority of our squad isn't 'good enough' bar maybe 4-5 players. :(