***The Official St. Johnstone vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

It was a competent, workmanlike performance, certainly a significant improvement upon the Hearts & Malmo games. However, with Edu and McCulloch in midfield we are still weak and lacking in creativity in that area. Goian certainly strengthened our defence and, as a consequence, we looked more solid and less hesitant. We were more organised all round today and looked sharper on the ball. Lee Wallace was excellent and Papac played well in fornt of him in left midfield. Two good goals from Naismith & Jelavic rounded off a much better display.

A note of caution though, we are far from playing well, and our deficiencies are there for all to see. Getting new 'quality' players in is an absolute must and just as urgent as ever. Much better, but a long, long way to go!

Just finished work. Can anyone give me a summary of the todays game?

Comfortable 90 minutes. Never really got out of second gear after the second goal and saw the game out easy enough.

Naismith, Wallace, Jelavic and Goian all played well.

St. Johnstone never in danger of scoring.

First time I have seen Rangers this season. A good display but Edu and McCulloch have no creativity and both of them and Papac look slow, especially McCulloch.

The new lad Goian did well and Ortiz looked bright enough when he came on, but would be better on the right.

Comfortable 90 minutes. Never really got out of second gear after the second goal and saw the game out easy enough.

Naismith, Wallace, Jelavic and Goian all played well.

St. Johnstone never in danger of scoring.

Thanks mate. My sky sports app on my fone said papac was left mid in a 4-4-2, was that a mistake or did he really play there with Davis right mid again?

Went for a 2-0 morale boosting win in the, will we go through thread, decided to stick by my guns and went for 2-0, naisy to score first. £320, cheers ladbrokes. Easy, easy.

Nice 1. Well done.

I went for the Rangers clean sheet option on Betfair. Could not belive it was EVENS against St Johnstone

Thanks mate. My sky sports app on my fone said papac was left mid in a 4-4-2, was that a mistake or did he really play there with Davis right mid again?

No mate, your app was right. Absolutely baffling decisions, Edu spent a lot of the game at right mid too! :disappointment:

Lucky you :lol:

It's incredible to think that just a few years ago we had creative options in the form of Burke, Mendes, Thomson, Davis, Ferguson, Naismith, Darcheville, Miller & Lafferty and people thought we lacked quality and creativity then.

Now look what we are left with?

Yes - true. I just do not understand why they cannot see that we lack pace and creativity in midfield.

I saw the St J. game and we played better than the previous two games I believe, but massive room for more improvement. Wallace looked good and Ortiz did fine when he came on, but him and Wylde are being played on the wrong side of the pitch? Why do we persist in doing this? Goian looks promising too. We desperately need more players in.