Does Anyone Remember Gordon Strachan's Start At Celtic?

cam69r

I know people will read this thread title and dismiss it immediately but Gordon Strachan started with a 5-0 defeat in a Champions League qualifier and then drew the first game of the league season 4-4 at Motherwell.

Celtic then went on to win the league three times in a row and i think they qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League twice in that spell.

My point is that a bad start is exactly that, a start. Plenty time for things to work out well and for us to do the business. I think poor pre-season preperation has cost us this slow start but things will pick up real soon.

It could be argued that Ally is hardly going in blind as Strachan was. Its not like he hasnt had the chance to see where our problems have been over the years and addtress them as his own man. Its early days but the two performances have hardly been encouraging, let alone the results.

I know people will read this thread title and dismiss it immediately but Gordon Strachan started with a 5-0 defeat in a Champions League qualifier and then drew the first game of the league season 4-4 at Motherwell.

Celtic then went on to win the league three times in a row and i think they qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League twice in that spell.

My point is that a bad start is exactly that, a start. Plenty time for things to work out well and for us to do the business. I think poor pre-season preperation has cost us this slow start but things will pick up real soon.

Yes, I remember, but can it be argued that the Rangers team he was up against is worse than the Celtic team we are up against this season

That is the problem here, we are all desperate for Ally to succeed, but we need dynamic decisions to be made, and courageous ones that will mean he defines the team he wants and it has his players