Arsenal Agree Juan Mata Fee!

Arsenal were last night closing in on a £15million deal for Juan Mata – paving the way for Cesc Fabregas to go to Barcelona.

Fabregas will not be involved in this weekend’s Emirates Cup, a clear sign that the Gunners are becoming resigned to losing him.

But that blow is likely to be softened by the signing of Valencia’s exciting winger Mata – as predicted by the Mirror last month .

The Spanish star’s family and representatives flew into London yesterday for talks.

Versatile Mata, 23, can play wide or as an attacking midfielder and Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes the deal will be a major boost for his squad.

He is still hoping French midfielder Samir Nasri – a target for Manchester United and Manchester City, with just one year left on his current contract – will sign a new five-year deal.

Fabregas has made it clear that he wants to join Barca, although the European champions have yet to meet Arsenal’s £40m asking price.

That has left the Gunners’ skipper, who has missed all of Arsenal’s pre-season games with a hamstring injury, working on his own at the training ground.

Barcelona made an initial bid of £27m and followed that up with two more conversations.

But, despite promising a deal will be done by this weekend, they still haven’t come back with an increased offer.

Sources - http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Arsenal-set-for-talks-sign-15m-Juan-Mata-from-Valencia-which-would-clear-way-sell-Cesc-Fabregas-Barcelona-article777078.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2019539/Cesc-Fabregas-set-exit-Arsenal-agree-fee-Juan-Mata.html

Just when ye start to lose faith in Arsene he pulls of 2 fantastic up and coming stars for 25 million.

Tbh fuck fabregas i really dont care if he stays or goes. a 3 behind van persie of Gervinho Nasri Mata will do nicely.

After this i think Arsene will focus on bringing in a defender and Arsenal will actually be in a better shape than last year with vermaelen back aswell.

(tu)

Chris Samba and Nigel De Jong is what Arsenal need.

Plus are we all believing this? It's only an article from a newspaper.

Yeh, it's not a done deal. I doubt it will happen TBH.

I also think Wenger will refuse to pay what is being asked for Samba and Cahill as he is reluctant to join the EPL craze of paying huge sums for not necessarily top players. I think it will be Jagielka IF they do sign a defender.

Yes they also need a De Jong type, but they won't sign one. Pretty sure they will rely on Alex Song with Emmanuel Frimpong (talented 19 year old) as his back up. Classic Wenger..