Embarrassing

Getstiffed

While perhaps a little less expansive than normal with his answers, he was characteristically forthright as he was quizzed on the bones of contention Rangers supporters have raised over the past few days.

Some feel McCoist's transition from track-suited assistant manager to suited and booted main man has somehow diluted his passion and diminished the influence he has on the players under his command. It is an observation he clearly finds risible.

"I would argue it's the opposite and that I'm even more animated," said McCoist. "Coaches and managers ranting and raving on the sidelines don't necessarily win you football matches.

"There is a lot more to it than that. Of course, I have a collar and tie on now, I don't have my tracksuit. But I don't think my attire has changed me as a person one bit. I'm still the same character.

"To be fair, I spent most of the match on the touchline on Tuesday night, while I sat in the stand for the game against Hearts last Saturday. I'll be in the technical area at McDiarmid Park and there will be games when I'll float between the two. But I really don't see it as an issue."

http://www.scotsman.com/rangersfc/Ally-McCoist-plays-down-talk.6810008.jp?articlepage=2

The fact that man has had to defend his passion this early in the season.

Ridiculous. Question his managerial abilities yes(even then its slightly unfair after only 2 games), his passion for Rangers no.

I honestly believe thats a bigger riddy than losing out on transfer targets.

Imagine how that lot must be laughing extra hard at us questioning the managers passion?

fs

cant say nothing about ally till he brings in his own team

The most sensible post Ive read all day.

Totally agree. I will reserve judgement of his managerial abilities when he has his own players, fully fit and available for selection.

I do think he'll get it right though.

I honestly believe thats a bigger riddy than losing out on transfer targets.

Imagine how that lot must be laughing extra hard at us questioning the managers passion?

fs

Who are these "some" who have questioned his passion supposed to be anyway? A lot a shite

Who are these "some" who have questioned his passion supposed to be anyway? A lot a shite

Ive read quite a lot of that talk in the last few days and I heard some from fans on the radio aswell.

Its been enough to reach Allys ears at least and like I said I think its embarrassing how ott some fans have went recently.

So if a manager takes over Barcelona, doesnt buy anyone and gets them knocked out all cups and finishes 6th , nobody should say anything until he brings in hus own team. :anguish:

Your changing the circumstances there mate. It is ridiculous to compare this situation to Barcelona. I think what the poster is saying, is Ally should be allowed time to stamp his own style on the team.

McCoist's acceptance of our transfer-dealings is ALMOST as concerning as his team selection and tactics.

He shouldn't be babbling about his delight at Craig Whyte's support, he should've been kicking his door down three fkn weeks ago and telling him, and Smith, to get their fingers out, and get players in.

I just hope his lack of experience, and gratefulness at having been given the job, doesn't get in the way of him getting them told.

McCoist's acceptance of our transfer-dealings is ALMOST as concerning as his team selection and tactics.

He shouldn't be babbling about his delight at Craig Whyte's support, he should've been kicking his door down three fkn weeks ago and telling him, and Smith, to get their fingers out, and get players in.

I just hope his lack of experience, and gratefulness at having been given the job, doesn't get in the way of him getting them told.

Nail on head!

I don't think anyone has ever questioned his 'passion' for the club, or his desire to win. McCoist took a lot of stick from the fans as a player before he transformed into the legend with mostly think of him as and if that didn't 'dilute his passion' then nothing will. People will though question his ability - apart from the blind faith loyal who seem to think someone is going to wave a magic wand and make it all better - until such times as he gets it right on the park. He hasn't lost anything yet, but he has to start putting a winning team on the park sooner rather than later.