Midfielders Out Of Position. Why?

LegendofCoop

This thread isn't a reaction from tonights game. Have been thinking about it since the start of the season.

I just don't get why we persist in playing right sided players wide left, while playing our 1 creative midfielder wide right. Ortiz is clearly a right sided player, but was played wide left when he came on against St Johnston. While Wylde was played right when he came on.

Davis can't control the flow of the game and create runs when he's out on the touchline. I just don't get why McCoist persists in doing this. Surely we would be a far better, more balanced side with either Wylde or Wallace out left, Ortiz on the right, either McCulloch or Edu in the middle protecting Davis, and Naismith & Jelavic up top?

We have to remember that Wylde is still very young...yes he runs like a motherfucker but the rest of his game is very raw - personally I dont think he is redy to be playing week in week out.

And you do realise with that suggesting that Wallace played LM that he would be out of position ;)

We have to remember that Wylde is still very young...yes he runs like a motherfucker but the rest of his game is very raw - personally I dont think he is redy to be playing week in week out.

And you do realise with that suggesting that Wallace played LM that he would be out of position ;)

Yes, I do, but he is left footed after all....and a winger by trade. He is far more experienced than he was this time last season though. Raw maybe, but surely worth a go if he was good enough for a run in the team last term.

Wallace is predominantly a LB, but can also play in midfield, so that's not really out of position is it?? ;) What I mainly mean though is playing right sided players on the left wing when we have other left footed players in the squad.

I'm not saying Wylde is the answer mind.....just using it as an example.

This thread isn't a reaction from tonights game. Have been thinking about it since the start of the season.

I just don't get why we persist in playing right sided players wide left, while playing our 1 creative midfielder wide right. Ortiz is clearly a right sided player, but was played wide left when he came on against St Johnston. While Wylde was played right when he came on.

Davis can't control the flow of the game and create runs when he's out on the touchline. I just don't get why McCoist persists in doing this. Surely we would be a far better, more balanced side with either Wylde or Wallace out left, Ortiz on the right, either McCulloch or Edu in the middle protecting Davis, and Naismith & Jelavic up top?

i agree... wylde should be played left instead of ortiz although i would not like to see either edu or mcculloch in the team and get a new demanding CM that can take the game by the scruff of the neck and control it alongside davis.

i agree... wylde should be played left instead of ortiz although i would not like to see either edu or mcculloch in the team and get a new demanding CM that can take the game by the scruff of the neck and control it alongside davis.

I actually agree there., but we simply don't have anyone else capable of controlling the game yet. Hutton & Ness may well be good players, but I don't think they have what it takes sadly.

That McCulloch - Edu partnership on the centre of the park is not going to do us any favours, im afraid. We need new central midfielder to help Davis, and we need it badly. Playing players out of position is always a bad decision imo.

Why playing Ortiz on left, Wylde on right? Considering what we have just now the best way we put it would be Ortiz-Davis-Edu-Wylde imo. I dont think McCoist is brave enough to trust the likes of Ness and Hutton, which is sad, as i dont think they can do much worse than McCulloch-Edu partnership. And talking about Big Lee, hes old, hes not good enough, he lacks creativity, he cant pass the damn ball and he is completely useless. I dont care if hes a Rangers man or not, he needs to be out of the team. Unfortunately, it seems that Ally likes him as much as WS does, so i dont see how he will get dropped. Which is sad.

I actually agree there., but we simply don't have anyone else capable of controlling the game yet. Hutton & Ness may well be good players, but I don't think they have what it takes sadly.

i think ness has what it takes although he is injured alot so it is hard to take a gamble on him to be the main man to control the midfield