Mickey Mouse League

McWeedy

I've always viewed Scandinavian and most eastern European leagues as mickey mouse leagues where we should be pumping the teams we play in European competition. While our league is clearly below that of the European powerhouses like England, Germany, France, Spain, Italy I always thought we we're still a cut above the dross.

But really, is the quality of football served up by ourselves and Celtic any better than that of similarly dominating teams in these lesser leagues?

We've won 1 European game in 20 against a Turkish team that I'm sure many of us hadn't heard of prior to the draw. Celtic's record is equally dire and I don't think we can hold up any of the other teams in the SPL as shining examples. Is this much worse than some of these teams?

Greece, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland and Lithuania are above us in the national rankings which for me speaks volumes. Our team has a large Scotish base same as Swedish teams have a largely home based team. If they are better than us internationally why do we assume we are better domestically?

I don't honestly believe the standard of football we play is anywhere near champions league class so is it a surprise we didn't qualify for the competition?

SPL is a terrible league but it certainly isnt as bad as those Leagues.

You have to remember that during that 1 win in 20 we had around 13 draws aswell and it was during a hard time were we played very negative.

SPL is slightly below the English Championship IMO.

We should have fucked Malmo but we were extremely negative in the first leg and extremely stupid in the 2nd leg.

We are better than all those teams in the Champions League qualifiers and really should be going through comfortably.

Our League is going through a bad phase aswell, a drop into the Europa League could be healthy for us and Celtic as we will be able to bring our co-efficent up a bit.

If both us and Celtic get through the group stages then we should take our co-efficent up a good bit and we will get back up to around 16.

Thats why Celtic need to get through this group stage because if both sides of the Old Firm dont start winning in Europe our League is going to drop permanently and it will benefit us and the League we play in if all Scottish clubs do well in Europe.

:uk: the league may be micky mouse,i for one dont care,cause i will follow the GERS no matter what leauge we play in,we have one of the best staidia in eruope,the best support in the world and WE ARE THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TEAM IN THE WORLD.....watp no surrender... :21:

The standard of Scottish football at every level is crap.I honestly dont know why we dont just become part of a UK team at International level and let the SPL and other Scottish Leagues follow suit.Even if it means we have to start at the very bottom of English football and work our way up it would be much better all round for us in the medium term.Only the Old Firm offer any kind of half decent opposition but even that is fast falling away.We just cant compete in the transfer market or on the wage front but we have a support second to none that deserves to see us compete at the highest level possible.I am absolutely sure that if we started at the lowest level of English football within 3-4 years we would be in the EPL and then we would be able to compete on all fronts.

Mickey Mouse league? Mickey Mouse wears an SPL watch doncha know.

Slowly, but surely, the SPL will asphyxiate our club and we can forget about competing on a serious level in Europe for some time. We don't have the funds to buy suitably talented players and - even if we did - the level of competition is joke.

I'm hoping that Whyte has a strategy for our future that involves getting out of dodge.

The standard of Scottish football at every level is crap.I honestly dont know why we dont just become part of a UK team at International level and let the SPL and other Scottish Leagues follow suit.Even if it means we have to start at the very bottom of English football and work our way up it would be much better all round for us in the medium term.Only the Old Firm offer any kind of half decent opposition but even that is fast falling away.We just cant compete in the transfer market or on the wage front but we have a support second to none that deserves to see us compete at the highest level possible.I am absolutely sure that if we started at the lowest level of English football within 3-4 years we would be in the EPL and then we would be able to compete on all fronts.

If you were to start at the very bottom of english leagues it would be at least 10 years to get to EPL it goes alot lower than you think but thats another debate for another day.

Our League is going through a bad phase aswell, a drop into the Europa League could be healthy for us and Celtic as we will be able to bring our co-efficent up a bit.

If both us and Celtic get through the group stages then we should take our co-efficent up a good bit and we will get back up to around 16.

Thats why Celtic need to get through this group stage because if both sides of the Old Firm dont start winning in Europe our League is going to drop permanently and it will benefit us and the League we play in if all Scottish clubs do well in Europe.

Come on Celtic! Come on Celtic!

Level

League(s)/Division(s)

Premier League

(Barclays Premier League)

20 clubs - 3 relegations

Football League Championship

(npower Championship)

24 clubs - 3 promotions, 3 relegations

Football League One

(npower League 1)

24 clubs - 3 promotions, 4 relegations

Football League Two

(npower League 2)

24 clubs - 4 promotions, 2 relegations

Conference National

(Blue Square Bet Premier)

24 clubs - 2 promotions, 4 relegations

Conference North

(Blue Square Bet North)

22 clubs - 2 promotions, 3 relegations

Conference South

(Blue Square Bet South)

22 clubs - 2 promotions, 3 relegations

Northern Premier League Premier Division

(Evo-Stik League Premier Division)

22 clubs - 2 promotions, 4 relegations

Southern Football League Premier Division

(Zamaretto League Premier Division)

Isthmian League Premier Division

(Ryman Football League Premier Division)

Northern Premier League Division One North

(Evo-Stik League First Division North)

22 clubs - 2p, 2r

Northern Premier League Division One South

(Evo-Stik League First Division South)

22 clubs - 2p, 2r

Southern Football League Division One Central

(Zamaretto League Division One Central)

22 clubs - 2p, 2r

Southern Football League Division One South & West

(Zamaretto League Division One South & West)

22 clubs - 2p, 2r

Isthmian League Division One North

(Ryman Football League Division One North)

22 clubs - 2p, 2r

Isthmian League Division One South

(Ryman Football League Division One South)

22 clubs - 2p, 2r

and thats just down to level 8

:uk: the league may be micky mouse,i for one dont care,cause i will follow the GERS no matter what leauge we play in,we have one of the best staidia in eruope,the best support in the world and WE ARE THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TEAM IN THE WORLD.....watp no surrender... :21:

Spot on (tu)

That's exactly what you're saying though. No fucking wonder we are in disarray as a support.

I cant remember me saying that.

If you say so tho.

And I agree, when so many of our supports hate for Celtic is greater than their love for Rangers its pretty bad.

If you can read I simply point out how it would be beneficial and how it is vital for teams in Scotland to do well.

Let me ask you a question, would you rather Celtic lose in Europe every season at the first hurdle and we drop to around 30th in the Co-efficient and dont see Champions League football for a long time or would you rather Celtic got to the last 16 of the Europa League along with Rangers and we go up to around 16-12 in the Co-efficient and get Champions League football.

I hate Celtic as much as the next bear but Rangers comes first for me and whatever helps us is what matters to me.

I cant remember me saying that.

If you say so tho.

And I agree, when so many of our supports hate for Celtic is greater than their love for Rangers its pretty bad.

If you can read I simply point out how it would be beneficial and how it is vital for teams in Scotland to do well.

Let me ask you a question, would you rather Celtic lose in Europe every season at the first hurdle and we drop to around 30th in the Co-efficient and dont see Champions League football for a long time or would you rather Celtic got to the last 16 of the Europa League along with Rangers and we go up to around 16-12 in the Co-efficient and get Champions League football.

I hate Celtic as much as the next bear but Rangers comes first for me and whatever helps us is what matters to me.

Celtic to lose every match they play and Rangers to win every one. Simple really.

Stick a poll up and see what the consensus is. I'm sure you won't be alone in hoping for them to do well.

:anguish:

Get them to fuck !

I'd rather eat my own balls than hope to see them progress in the EL.