Madjid Bougherra Says Rangers Offer 'made Me Sick'

Well, you just showed how much of a Rangers fan you really are. Such a fantastic way to make a fool of yourself. Tomorrow Bougherra could sign for Celtic and you, im sure, would happily follow them after. Which is nothing else but stupid, childish and pathetic. But dont forget that its Rangers who made your hero who he is today. Otherwise you would've been fan of some League One or Championship team at best.

I'm not scottish, at first, it was the rangers fans' kindness, their lovely way to always stay behind their team and above all, the way they esteem bougherra and supported him even though he is "Algerian" made no difference,

I become fan of Rangers Fc because of that, now all that is gone along with me. I am not in love with Bougherra (I'm straight btw) to follow him wherever he goes ;)

ps: We all agree that rangers made him, but you have to admit that he played a major role in getting 3 titles in a row.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danny wilson, carlos cuellar and boogie...no coincidence they all became better players playing beside weir.

kirk broadfoot hasn't, but even davie has his limits.....

i :lol: at the second part

and i agree that weir helped wilson become better (sure bougherra would have helped at some point ;) ) and cuellar and bougherra were helped to settle by weir, but in the last season especially, and the season beforehand imo weir was able to rely on bougherra to cover in behind him, which was obviously benefitting weir as he could play his natural game

I'm not scottish, at first, it was the rangers fans' kindness, their lovely way to always stay behind their team and above all, the way they esteem bougherra and supported him even though he is "Algerian" made no difference,

I become fan of Rangers Fc because of that, now all that is gone along with me. I am not in love with Bougherra (I'm straight btw) to follow him wherever he goes ;)

ps: We all agree that rangers made him, but you have to admit that he played a major role in getting 3 titles in a row.

Why wouldn't we support him? But if the guys saying an offer of 20 grand a week makes him 'sick' he can get ti fuck!!! Greedy cunt!!

i :lol: at the second part

and i agree that weir helped wilson become better (sure bougherra would have helped at some point ;) ) and cuellar and bougherra were helped to settle by weir, but in the last season especially, and the season beforehand imo weir was able to rely on bougherra to cover in behind him, which was obviously benefitting weir as he could play his natural game

Without doubt davie needs a certain type of defender beside him, i would still say he was out most consistent player and the one we could ahve done without the least (even though i would acknowledge that carlos and Boogie were more eye catching)

Not one i would debate to death to be honest as i can totally understand the counter arguement.....we are lucky to have had three central defenders of there standard in our team

I am not scottish too. But whats the difference? We all support Rangers and as long as we do that it doesnt matter on what place on earth we are. At the end of the day we are all fans and we are here to share opinions and to see others opinions. Sometimes we agree, sometimes we dont. Different people, different languages.

But its all about one thing - Rangers. Being part of the big Rangers family is an honour. There are not so many Rangers fans in my country(at least not many i know about) and this is one of the reasons for me to come here. It makes me feel good when i know that i am part of community like this. And i know that i might be one of the few in my own country, but at the same time i am one of so many worldwide. Thats what Rangers is all about.

Without doubt davie needs a certain type of defender beside him, i would still say he was out most consistent player and the one we could ahve done without the least (even though i would acknowledge that carlos and Boogie were more eye catching)

Not one i would debate to death to be honest as i can totally understand the counter arguement.....we are lucky to have had three central defenders of there standard in our team

yeah cant argue with that, as you say both sides of the arguement are valid points

since smith came back its been the strongest part of the team, long may it continue under ally (tu)

You know, it's situations like this that begin to make me feel as if 'football' is dying fast. Gone are the days when a player was simply glad to play for a successful club like Rangers and get what is undoubtedly a decent wage.

Now it's just all about where they can pick up the biggest wage packet, no matter if they win anything...ever!

It's easy for me to say this now that he's come out & said this, but I've always had a feeling this situation would occur with him. That said....actually reading this does make me sick!

I'd honestly play for the club for free if I could afford it. Pity this lard arse feels 'sick' at being asked to stay for 2 years getting £20k a week!

Fuck Off now Madjid. Don't darken our door ever again!

I think some people need to realise that not everyone we sign/that plays for us is a Rangers fan.

There's no point in applying your logic to a non-Bluenose in a contract negotiation. Aye, I'd play for Rangers for £100 a week no problem, but Bougherra isn't me or you. He's a professional looking for pay rises and parity with fellow players who he thinks (rightly so) have contributed no more than him.

Same when we miss out on transfers. Some of the comments are immature and ridiculous.

I think some people need to realise that not everyone we sign/that plays for us is a Rangers fan.

There's no point in applying your logic to a non-Bluenose in a contract negotiation. Aye, I'd play for Rangers for £100 a week no problem, but Bougherra isn't me or you. He's a professional looking for pay rises and parity with fellow players who he thinks (rightly so) have contributed no more than him.

Same when we miss out on transfers. Some of the comments are immature and ridiculous.

Fair enough. I'm wrong for saying I'd play for the club for free in this discussion. But the guys already at the top of our wage bracket. He's contributed no more than the other players getting wage rises, in bringing success to the club. He's also been paid more the last few seasons than the likes of Shagger & Whittaker. It's not as if he's going to be short of a bob or two....and he'll get bonuses on top of his salary.

Sorry if I feel less than sympathetic for the guy. His head's fast disappearing up his arse (IMO, of course!).

Fair enough. I'm wrong for saying I'd play for the club for free in this discussion. But the guys already at the top of our wage bracket. He's contributed no more than the other players getting wage rises, in bringing success to the club. He's also been paid more the last few seasons than the likes of Shagger & Whittaker. It's not as if he's going to be short of a bob or two....and he'll get bonuses on top of his salary.

Sorry if I feel less than sympathetic for the guy. His head's fast disappearing up his arse (IMO, of course!).

That's fair enough, but if you see Whittaker getting a not-a-kick-in-the-arse-off 150% salary rise, while you've contributed just as much and arguably more, then I can almost see where he's coming from.

Obviously, at that stage realism has to set in and Bougherra has to realise that Rangers simply can't do that. But at the end of the day, he's denied saying anything like that and I believe the guy, he's got his big money move to an easy league and a nice climate - I can't see why he'd be too bitter.

so who's been better?

weir? the guy who everyone has wanted to retire gracefully

papac? the centre half shoved out to left back because he wasnt good enough for his natural position

whittaker? erm...........

broadfoot? nuff said

bougherra spent the best part of 3 seasons covering for the rest of the backline, no wonder he is fucked off at the clubs piss poor attempts to keep him

Weir looked a bit past in a couple small periods but he carried us when Bougherra went walkies (on and off the pitch). His reading of the game absolutely superb.

Bougherra certainly played his part no doubt, it's a shame he couldn't have kept up his earlier form when we were talking about a great centre half. Never really had full confidence in him last season, Weir on the other hand was vital throughout.