Carlos Bocanegra

Broxi1872

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant believe people are moaning about bocanegra we play in the fucking SPL which davie weir has strolled in for how many seasons?

Would do well for us, given his track record in England.

Still, some moaning cunts on here would rather we went for some unknown mediterranean sounding guy from Serie B than a proven if unspectacular defender with bagfuls of EPL and European experience.

If he was called Francisco Portovare and played for Bari reserves, the same folk would be creaming themselves.

cant believe people are moaning about bocanegra we play in the fucking SPL which davie weir has strolled in for how many seasons?

I do agree that Bocanegra will be fine in the Spl, but Davie Weir is an exceptional case he didn't start playing pro until into his twentys and I think he is very short on the physical and fitness side of things but so ahead mentally that he can cope with the low standard of the Spl and still could on the continent I think he will be found out.

This guy should be a decent signing but I really fail to see who we're going to sign that will live up to Ally's rhetorics "a signing to wow the fans" etc. Disappointed, but oh well. Bocanegra, Wilson back on loan and a decent striker should be enough to win 4 in a row IMO, with the other 2 midfield lads coming back and hopefully tying up Wylde on a contract.

I ment from Cuellar and Juhasz to Bocanegro

It stinks of downsizing, infact it IS downsizing. One of Juhas or Cuellar wiould have ben fine, to lose them both is bad.

I can't see any top drawer or 'marquee' signing coming. Without 1 or 2 of them, we will struggle this year.

i cant believe some people are moaning about bocanegra, he would be cheap and has bags of experience, he is the captain of his national team and got to the final of the gold cup and usually always get passed the groups in the world cup. it might not be the marquee signing we all want but we have to accept at times this is type of player we are gonna get. if we were spending 2 million on this guy i could understand it being a waste, but about £400k its a steal.

Juhasz was a smoke screen unless we got him cheap IMO,Cuellar may have come but we won't spend the wages on him.

So we go for the cheaper option and looks like Ally is doing a Lennomn..Quantity over quality

A smoke screen at 3.5million? Fs lets be honest most never wanted us paying that for a cb anyway! There are also claims that Juhasz's wife does not want to move here, or is she part of the smoke screen to?

You do realise that Bocanegra actually is a good footballer and indeed one of the most experienced internationals in world football??

A smoke screen at 3.5million? Fs lets be honest most never wanted us paying that for a cb anyway! There are also claims that Juhasz's wife does not want to move here, or is she part of the smoke screen to?

You do realise that Bocanegra actually is a good footballer and indeed one of the most experienced internationals in world football??

i agree mate, it seems most on here would rather have that benaloune guy who nobody has actually seen play, rather than an experienced internartional who performed well in the EPL

Looks like kplfishtank was on the ball then ;)

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=196074

This is old news. I told folk 2 weeks ago we had offer for him on table if our main targets weren't signed. Not spoke to guy who told me since then but will text him later

I would have taken more notice of the fishtank's info had someone not linked to a Miley Cyrus video in that thread.. Kinda distracted me a little :drool:

Whereas I'm all for signing younger guys with sell on values, not sure it would work out having a team of teenagers out on the pitch, there needs to be a balance. If Bocanegra comes in and can play for a couple of seasons then it's a bargain signing. With Wallace, Bedoya, McKay, Ortiz, Goian, Bartley and Bocanegra in, I'd be happy with one more signing - a striker.

Didn't see this last night, so I've just now seen this revelation!

Is this what we are reduced to.....signing a 32 year ols centre back who is well past his prime? Yes, he was a good player....once. Now he is slow and ponderous.

It seems that we are now inevitably linked with every player of 'vintage' years, low transfer fee who is readily available.

Sorry guys, I know some of you rate him, but this is fast becoming ridiculous. Having lost all of our 'prime' targets, we're now resorting to panic buys.

Would do well for us, given his track record in England.

Still, some moaning cunts on here would rather we went for some unknown mediterranean sounding guy from Serie B than a proven if unspectacular defender with bagfuls of EPL and European experience.

If he was called Francisco Portovare and played for Bari reserves, the same folk would be creaming themselves.

laugh.gif true

I think he would be a solid signing. He would be more than capable in the SPL and his experience would come in handy. I will take a wild stab in the dark that he is a pretty positive guy and would do a lot of talking in that defence, good for Whittaker, Wallace Bartley, Perry, Cole etc.

Also having three players from the US in our team would do no harm to our commercial revenue, getting some strips in the Nike stores over there and raising the profile of the club.

Anyone who was a member here at the time, what was the board like when Weir signed?

There were plenty of comments along the lines of "he's got no resale value", "he's well past his best", "is this what we have been reduced too", "he's pish"

Obviously there were a few more level headed posts but the experts were certainly out in numbers that day.

i don't get this...we need quality...carlos is still decent, but getting on, no sell on value...if we are going down this route then lucas neill is a much much better option, same age, better player and FREE..wages only potential issue...

I fear ally is getting waaayyy down on his transfer list and starting to scrape the barrel a bit..

There were plenty of comments along the lines of "he's got no resale value", "he's well past his best", "is this what we have been reduced too", "he's pish"

Obviously there were a few more level headed posts but the experts were certainly out in numbers that day.

I would imagine so. It would also seem the manager was proved right and the armchair managers were wrong?

I have started to learn, well with Walter anyway that decisions that leave us scratching our heads tend to work out for the better. I will not deny that on the day we beat the taigs 4-2 away i was doing my nut becasue he played Cousin! Funny how that one turned out

Any defender with an ounce of ability and the slightest ability to read the game can come in and do a more than reasonable job for us.

Experienced players like Weir, Majstorovic & Berg have come up here and for the most part strolled through this league. Even shite like Christian Dailly & Steven Pressley have played at the top level of this league and been relatively untroubled.

People are too quick to forget that we play in the SPL.

i don't get this...we need quality...carlos is still decent, but getting on, no sell on value...if we are going down this route then lucas neill is a much much better option, same age, better player and FREE..wages only potential issue...

I fear ally is getting waaayyy down on his transfer list and starting to scrape the barrel a bit..

He may be a free but then he comes with a 1 or 2 million pound signing on fee and massive wages

Neill night be "free" but any player on 50 odd grand a week won't cone cheap when it comes to a signing on fee.