Lafferty Tonight

Nicolas Cage

I don't think he should have been given a full 45 mins. We could have through Wylde on for Naismith, put Ortiz on the right and brought Lafferty on laster in the game if need be. You could tell he was nowhere near 100% fit, he was blowin out his arse after 10 mins.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not laffertys biggest fan but to be fair he should never have been any where near the park tonight.

neither should bocanegra been on from the start this was a managerial fuck up of the highest order which continues on a weekly basis

the fact that mcculloch is an automatic pick is shocking.

on sunday if whittaker and mcculloch are anywhere near the park expect more of the same results.

2 more losses and ally will be gone along with the most inefectual backroom staff on the planet we are turning into a shambles of a club.

big Laff should NOT ave been brought on when there where other alternatives,this was a management error,and one in which Ally will learn from(and quickly)we WILL win this game if the players Step Up A nd Play and dont listen to all the gloom merchants in the Mhedia and even closer to home.I know this is a Bears forum and we shouldnt mention those from the dhark side,however they didnt exactly cover themselves in glory against a pub team(at septic pk)that most people have never heard tell of.WATP :21:

I know he's just come back from injury and he won't have been match fit but he was back to his usual terribleness tonight. His link up play was a shambles.

All of us are hoping he recaptures the form he showed at the end of last season but if he doesn't, we can add him to our long list of useless players, like McCulloch, Healy, Beattie, etc.

Your an idiot.

I know he's just come back from injury and he won't have been match fit but he was back to his usual terribleness tonight. His link up play was a shambles.

All of us are hoping he recaptures the form he showed at the end of last season but if he doesn't, we can add him to our long list of useless players, like McCulloch, Healy, Beattie, etc.

FFS!! doh

He's not played a game since May!!!

I think there's been a bit of misinterpretation going on here. I'm not concluding from his cameo tonight that he's just going to be shite again for the rest of his days here. I just fear that we'll be very short up front if Lafferty plays like he did tonight and like how he has played for us for most of his time here. Hopefully he plays like he did towards the end of last season.

I've never been a fan of lafferty, but, I'm not going to start blaming him for last night. He should never have been in the squad for the game, due to him still recovering from injury/trying to find fitness. The blame for last night rests solely with the management team, for team selection and tactics. It's been said a hundred times by plenty of others, but why is McCoist the only person who cant seen that McCulloch and Edu together in the middle doesn't work and Ortiz cant function properly on the left?

This thread is embarrassing to this club.

How? I don't understand all the furore about this. Lafferty played badly last night. I'm not writing him off or coming to the conclusion that he's an awful player, just that we can't afford him to play like he did last night because we'd be left with only Jelavic as a good striker.

Hopefully once he gets match fit he can return to the way he played at the end of last season. It was a strange decision to chuck him on for 45 minutes in such a big game.

How? I don't understand all the furore about this. Lafferty played badly last night. I'm not writing him off or coming to the conclusion that he's an awful player, just that we can't afford him to play like he did last night because we'd be left with only Jelavic as a good striker.

Hopefully once he gets match fit he can return to the way he played at the end of last season. It was a strange decision to chuck him on for 45 minutes in such a big game.

Your talking shit. He wasn't fit. How can you blame him?