• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Full story says...

Weir - can't be guaranteed games

Broadfoot - West Ham interested, McMillan would've started ahead of against Maribor if he wasn't injured

Beattie - wants to return to the Manchester area for family reasons

Edu - interest from europe, 1.5m mentioned.

I will be very surprised Edu will be sold Ally rates him highly and thats from the horses mouth.

That's a worry, along with the players he doesn't rate, and those he's given new contracts to (Healy) Edu's nowhere near as bad as people say, but he's certainly going through a bad patch and if he's deemed good enough for our first 11 then it's a sign of how far we've fallen.

Full story says...

Weir - can't be guaranteed games

Broadfoot - West Ham interested, McMillan would've started ahead of against Maribor if he wasn't injured

Beattie - wants to return to the Manchester area for family reasons

Edu - interest from europe, 1.5m mentioned.

(tu)

why would any one want us to sign Jamie Murphy?? He is pish and was pish against us last week.

David Goodwillie aside, he was probably the best non old firm owned youngster in Scotland last season. Why wouldn't you want a player with that sort of potential at Ibrox?

Good enough to be watched by Stoke, Wigan, Tottenham and Fulham but "He was pish against us so he's defiently not good enough to play for us". That sort of "tunnel vision" that has seen countless Scottish based, talented, younsgters slip away from us in recent years and it's an attitude/opinion that I hope changes under the new regime.

We shouldn't be selling Weir. I would rather we asked him to go into coaching at Murray Park rather than getting sold.

Weir is only at Ibrox because we have gauranteed him first team football.

He won't stay here to simply coach. If we offer him that sort of role he'll head back South and join Everton's coaching team or he'll join a lower league team who will allow him to play and coach so he's closer to his family.

David Goodwillie aside, he was probably the best non old firm owned youngster in Scotland last season. Why wouldn't you want a player with that sort of potential at Ibrox?

Good enough to be watched by Stoke, Wigan, Tottenham and Fulham but "He was pish against us so he's defiently not good enough to play for us". That sort of "tunnel vision" that has seen countless Scottish based, talented, younsgters slip away from us in recent years and it's an attitude/opinion that I hope changes under the new regime.

Mate i go with what i see with my own eyes, he has alwasy been pish against us. You cant compare him a DG, Goodwillie is a far far better player.

Don't think there would be much to gain from moving on Weir - his wages won't be huge and he's a good player to have around the place. He is club captain and has a part-time coaching role with us, ok we currently have enough defenders that he might not play much this season but even as a 41 year old he had far more good performances than bad last season and he's a great role model for younger players coming through. I'd keep him this final season if he's happy enough to stay and not necessarily play every week.

Edu, Broadfoot and Beattie I'd more than happily punt - if we got 2m for the 3 of them I'd be delighted. Would also love to add Whittaker to that list but think that's a bit hopeful.

Would definitely NOT want Diouf back though - has none of the ability he had in his younger days, he now looks incredibly slow and has poor ball control, brought nothing to the team last season.

Jamie Murphy I do think is a decent player although I'm not really fussy for us going for him, I don't think he's necessarily what we're looking for and it would be better for the lad himself to be playing somewhere week in week out somehwere else just now rather than join us and sit on the bench.

No way would I want to see Leigh Griffiths join us, nowhere near good enough in my opinion.

I think we might see a bit of wheeling and dealing over the next few days. And I'm going to have no access to Sky Sports News on deadline day :anguish:

Edu, Broadfoot & Beattie out with say Eremenko, Diouf & Jamie Murphy/Leigh Griffiths coming in and we would be in a really good position to challenge for 4IAR.

Diouf and Murphy non thanks.

I like Eremenko but I would still rather see 1 quality player come in rather than spl dross.

Beattie has been a massive disapointment, he should have been off-loaded months ago. Edu blows hot and cold, has moments of sheer brilliance (Motherwell semi-final) but more often than not he is woeful. Weir and Broadfoot are past it/not good enough. I wont shed any tears if any of them leave tbh