***Craig Whyte thread***

JackAlex93

Walter Smith most certainly did. As I'm sure you know.

I'm still surprised at your initial question about the bank, Casey, what was the point of it when the answer is so well documented?

So nothing from the bank, just from Smith who has a history of making contradictory statements on the subject. (tu)

Hes a fuckin tight arse but he will put the blame on McCoist if it all goes tits up.

well thats the type of guy he is, when he owned a certain company and fucked off to the bahamas without paying anybody, he blamed it on the managing director and said he had the money, he didn't and the guy ended up in hospital for heart attack, thats the type of man whyte is.

him extending contracts of our better players tells me one thing, they will be sold for a bigger profit come january, he didn't back ally in this window and i sure as hell don't think he'll back him in january.

prove me wrong mr whyte, prove me wrong

I am also bitterly disappointed this morning.

After weeks of frustration, anger and utter confusion, we now find ourselves with a squad that is little changed from that of last season. Yes, we have added some new faces...but have we added any strength in depth or real quality? I think the answer is NO!

But, I really think we need to know much more before we 'put the knife' into Mr. Whyte or anyone else for that matter.

Did we really have a transfer 'targets' list and, if so, why did we not pursue it vigorously?

Who Co-ordinated, managed and supervised our bids - who had overall responsibility for targeting and buying players?

Why was or bidding so haphazard and shambolic, and why did we eventually resort to 'panic' buys totally 'out of left field?'

For instance, did we have a transfer 'war chest and, if so, what was it?

Who had overall control of that war chest, or was it subject to strict control by Whyte?

There are many, many more such questions to be answered, but we must ask those questions immediately.

I'm afraid it will be a long, hard, cheerless and frustrating season.

well thats the type of guy he is, when he owned a certain company and fucked off to the bahamas without paying anybody, he blamed it on the managing director and said he had the money, he didn't and the guy ended up in hospital for heart attack, thats the type of man whyte is.

him extending contracts of our better players tells me one thing, they will be sold for a bigger profit come january, he didn't back ally in this window and i sure as hell don't think he'll back him in january.

prove me wrong mr whyte, prove me wrong

That bahamas story, u u said before that it directly hit u, he "ran off with your wages". Which company was that?

People seem to forget that had we still been under wrath of Lloyds until today, the squad would be minus Davis, Whittaker, Jelavic, Wallace, Ortiz, Goian and probably McGregor.

Whittaker would be no great miss and neither would Ortiz and don't kid yourself that had the bid of £9m happened on Tuesday that Jelavic would still be here.

People on here c say Whyte saved us..that's right but he also promised cash to improve our sqaud ..£15m was quoted i believe and we spent £1m net on 7 players...fuckin Leyton Orient spent more .

RANGERS boss Ally McCoist is thrilled that key stars Nikica Jelavic and Steve Davis are remaining with Rangers and believes he has the squad to chase four in a row.

Craig Whyte and the Rangers board had their resolve tested when big interest in the Croatian striker and the talismanic midfielder was expressed but they held firm.

Nikica JelavicThe Light Blues rejected a bid from Leicester City for the striker on Tuesday and also rebuffed expressions of interest from agents and clubs for the Jelavic less than an hour before the transfer window closed last night.

There was also interest from Aston Villa in Davis but again the club told the English Premiership side he was not for sale.

McCoist, who has signed seven new players in the summer, says the squad is ready to challenge for honours and everyone can now focus on football following the closure of the window.

He told rangers.co.uk: "I am delighted that Nikica and Steven are both staying. There was no pressure to sell either player but the Club received a serious offer for Nikica from Leicester.

"The fact it was rejected sends out a clear message to all Rangers fans and I have no doubt the players we have are more than capable of defending the SPL title.

"It has been a long transfer window with lots of speculation but we have added seven new players while the core of our double-winning side last season have been re-signed so I am more than happy with the squad we have.

"Hopefully all the boys can return from international duty unscathed and the break will also give our injured players the chance to recover before our game against Dundee United next weekend."

| 1 | 2 |

Rangers owner Craig Whyte has spent in excess of £5 million on transfers and improved contracts for key players this summer with Lee Wallace, Dorin Goian, Carlos Bocanegra, Alejandro Bedoya, Kyle Bartley, Juan Manuel Ortiz and Matt McKay all boosting last season's title-winning squad.

Allan McGregor, Steven Davis, Steven Whittaker and Gregg Wylde have also signed long-term contracts with the Champions.

The Chairman commented: "We had a serious offer for Nikica Jelavic but it fell well short of the player's true valuation. Ally McCoist is building a good squad capable of competing for the domestic Treble and Jelavic and Steven Davis are key players for the team.

"Ally has signed seven new players and re-signed seven more this summer which has been a significant investment in the squad. While all Rangers fans want to see as many star signings as possible there has to be realism as well.

"Unfortunately we have not qualified for the Champions League or Europa League group stages and the Cub has to be run in the correct manner.

"Ally and I discuss these matters constantly and he has told me he is happy with the squad he has at his disposal. We now look forward to the rest of the campaign and doing all we can to continue our success.

"As always at Rangers, we are committed to working together to ensure a successful domestic campaign this season."

Their it is over 5 million ivested on the playing squad.

I've yet to read a single quote from Mr Whyte of him saying 15 million;

Jul 17 2011 James Traynor; Mark Guidi, Sunday Mail

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/rangers/2011/07/17/craig-whyte-tells-rangers-fans-i-ll-give-ally-mccoist-more-transfer-money-for-more-signings-86908-23277275/

Rangers owner Craig Whyte is ready to hand manager Ally McCoist an additional £15million transfer boost.

The new Ibrox chief last night revealed he is willing to splash out much more than the £5m budget originally set when he took over.

McCoist will use that financial muscle to push through deals - and Arsenal stopper Kyle Bartley could be the next arrival this week.

The Rangers gaffer also hopes Aston Villa's Carlos Cuellar will agree personal terms over a £2million return to his old club.

Fans are frustrated that only Spaniard Juanma Ortiz has been brought in so far this summer.

But Whyte reassured them and said: "I'm prepared to take our spending way above what was originally budgeted. The manager has to be sure he is getting the right people but the money is there for him to do that."

Craig Whyte is reported to have indicated that he will provide an additional £15million in an attempt to make sure Rangers can retain the SPL title.

And the Rangers owner says that the fans need to be patient as Ally McCoist could be adding to the Ibrox squad right up to the end of August.

Whyte needs no reminding that Rangers have so far only bought one player (Juanma Ortiz) but he insists Rangers will now add to their squad with additional funds that he will provide.

And Whyte knows that the next title holders will qualify automatically for the lucrative Champions League group stages in season 2012-13.

It is for this reason that he is willing to now reportedly vastly increase the £5m transfer budget originally set when he took over ownership from David Murray.

"I am prepared to take our spending way above what was originally budgeted for if that's what is required and again the fans should know that. But what I won't do is sign players in a panic," he told the Sunday Mail.

And he wants manager Ally McCoist to get players in right now as Rangers will play Swedish side Malmo or Torshavn of the Faroe Islands in the third-qualifying round of this season's Champions League.

If they win that they will go into the play-off round for a place in the lucrative group stages.

Whyte said he shares the same frustrations of the fans who have become anxious over Rangers disappointing pre-season in Germany, and a lack of new faces.

He said: "I know some of the fans will be frustrated right now because a raft of players hasn't come in yet. I feel that way myself.

"I knew it would be a different world from the business one I'm used to dealing in but, even so, it has been a bit of an eye opener so far.

"It doesn't help that players want to wait until the last moment before signing to ensure they get the best-possible moves and deals and there are also agents who don't help smooth the entire process. But Ally knows where he needs to strengthen and he will get the players he needs. It's not as though we've been sitting around doing nothing.

"A lot of work and time has gone in to put together deals and offers and although we'd like them done quicker we can't always be the ones forcing the pace.

"But I can tell the supporters there is no-one inside Ibrox panicking because we know what has to be done and we will do it.

"That said there is no point in signing up players just for the sake of it.

"The manager has to be sure he is getting the right people but the money is there for him to do that. We don't have lots of it to throw around but we have enough to get what we need to make sure Rangers will have every chance of getting to the Champions League and, of course, winning the title again.

"So yes, the money we thought we'd spend on transfers and wages will be increased if necessary. We all recognise the importance of being part of the Champions League so players will be arriving, I'm certain of that.

"It might be all the ones we want won't be in for the start of the league season but they'll be here by the close of the transfer window."

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/262723-craig-whyte-will-release-extra-15m-to-bring-new-faces-to-ibrox/

Of course, not anything is quoted by the press but why not? I mean, he might have said to these journalists this figure while to my sins I've listened to Clyde a few times this week as finished work at that time, Hugh and other callers keep mentioning this 15 million figure.

Me being too picky, media plucking a figure or what?

If we had spent £10m in July we would still be in the CL and he would already be looking at £5m profit for the season.

Then with that being spent we would only have to lightly tinker with the squad over the next few years meaning even more profit from CL and winning the championship..Football is a different business to the rest..you really do have to speculate to accumulate otherwise you are more prone to accumulate fuck all.

"Ive said that we will spend £25 million over 5 years on the playing squad. I need to have a discussion with Ally and see if some of that needs to be front ended, so maybe we can spend a little bit more for next season if that's necessary"

MONEY IN

Boogie - £1,700,000

Charlie Adam - £800,000 ish

TOTAL = £2,500,000

MONEY OUT

Wallace - £1,500,000

Goian - £ 800,000

Ortiz - £ 400,000

Bocanegra - £ 400,000

Bedoya - £300,000

McKay - £300,000

TOTAL = £3,700,000

Front ended spend from £25,000,000 = £1,200,000 :anguish:

Im sorry, but that just doesnt cut it with me. I was very wary from the off and others convinced me to give the man some time to prove me wrong. He hasnt.

A man of honour lives and dies by his words. 3 months into the job and he has already failed to deliver. (tu)

VERY HARD TO DISAGREE WITH YOU MATE.

I'm bitterly disappointed and angry today. But, in truth, over the past few weeks we have all had our suspicions. The transfer window is now firmly shut, and we can only base our judgements on what we have witnessed.

We have been inept in our transfer dealings and, at times, our bids (and purported negotiations) have been amateurish and, at times, shambolic and laughable.

Far from being ('Fired Up & Ready), it would appear that we were complacent, indifferent and smug.

We now have a squad that is not significantly strengthened from last season and, certainly, not of the quality we had hoped.

We might compete in the SPL, but we won't compete anywhere else.

It's hard to say. Transfers these days cannot be easy.

Sure we can bid whatever we want but then an English Division 5 side comes in with a better bid. We could have bid 2 mill right away for Goodwillie... Then what, Blackburn come in at 2.8-3 anyway? Where my frustration lies with both Whyte and Ally is the garbage that has been spouted in the press.

This is clearly inexperience and Whyte is certainly not a Football man. While he might be a supporter, that won't make you a great Chairman. Ally -- by his very nature -- likes to talk but has not learned that silence is often a stronger reply. He also has to some of the share of us not being in Europe and of course, that leads to an unsatisfactory feeling about him.

Bottom line? Stupid bids and those at RFC have not learned that the game has changed (see my division 5 comment above). We need to do deals quickly, in private and of course, make bids that are in line with the player's value. Not bid a fiver because the other team is desperate for cash etc.

Anyway, I'll give Whyte and Ally 1 year. They deserve at least that. But... IF we are struggling in January.. we need to open the chequebook. Finishing second is not an option.

The league (and the CL) must be the absolute priority. There can be no excuses.

I almost forgot.. we're top of the league! Life isn't that bad after all.

Whyte will surely learn.

:21:(tu)

I've yet to read a single quote from Mr Whyte of him saying this;

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/262723-craig-whyte-will-release-extra-15m-to-bring-new-faces-to-ibrox/

Of course, not anything is quoted by the press but why not? I mean, he might have said to these journalists this figure while to my sins I've listened to Clyde a few times this week as finished work at that time, Hugh and other callers keep mentioning this 15 million figure.

Me being too picky, media plucking a figure or what?

he hasn't challenged the 15 million figure and he did say way more than 5 million. so its simple he hasn't delivered whether you use the 15 bar figure or not.

Give up.

If getting fucked out of two European competitions by August doesn't provoke a reaction from them, nothing will.

What does our poor European performances, with a stronger team than that which won the league a few months ago, have to do with Craig Whyte?

Seriously mate. I'm not following you here at all.

I think some people can't get their heads around the fact he said he would make £5m available for player buys.

This is so much different from what he's been accused of saying. ie He WILL spend £5m on players.

Why spend say, £3m on a CB when ye can get a good one for £600k, as has been shown with Goian? Making £5m available does not mean we HAVE to spend £5m.

Goian @ £600,000 OR Cuellar @ £2.5million?

Which deal is the best piece of business by the club? A young player who has shown he has what it takes to play CB for the Rangers, with a potentially high sell on value, or a player who's on his last legs, and riddled by injury, with no sell on value?

goians not finished hes only a little older than cuellar.