***Craig Whyte thread***

JackAlex93

Where did say 5 million a season? He said 25 million over 5 seasons. That could be spilt into 10 million next year etc. ONE line in the BBC says we are in debt nd everyone believes it. Ffs! Hate to imagine us with SDM and 30 million debt with no Davo , Jela or Mcgregor. What did people expect ? Ibrox has been done up , it looks much better , 7 new players , key players tied up in long deals. Apart from europe it hasn't been that bad sitting top of the league. Fuck the negative bastards! Here we go 4iar!

Craig Whyte was never going to hand Ally McCoist blank cheques for new players, it doesn't make financial sense in his first year. We are operating in a SPL budget, and we'll continue to operate in a SPL budget until we can find another revenue of income.

That's why were trying to explore options in America etc.

We'll win the league again, get set to have another crack at the CL, and this summer's anguished cries of the glass-half-full brigade (and half-full of rancid piss at that) will be replaced by next summer's anguished cries of the perpetually malcontent.

I'd bet on it.

I'm afraid only time will tell which of us will prove to be correct in our predictions

I'm usually upbeat but this window and the way we've gone about our business in general has left me completely underwhelmed. We've acted like complete amateurs and, for me, the signings have been totally uninspiring

Unfortunately I've already bought my season ticket but can safely say I'll be picking the games I attend from here on in.

It's going to be a long season.

No matter who the owner of Rangers is they will never win with sections of our support.

The quick fix get it now mentality is prevalent in society and it is no different in football.

For years i argued that Murray was spending MY money unwisely. Then it was the BANKS money he was spending unwisely. We were living way beyond our means to satisfy his and it has to be said our ego's until some of us started wondering how we could afford to keep spending all this money we didn't appear to have.

So unless Bill Gates walks in and says here you go Ally there's £100M to spend on transfers alone we are stuck with a club that has enormous expectations struggling to raise two bob in a two bit league.

NO OWNER is going to come out and tell the world we have X amount to spend on transfers. Just sheer utter stupidity to believe we will let all the other clubs know what we have to spend. He had to say something as it was inevitable the fans would want to see what the new owner was made of. He said what he said in good faith of that i have no doubt but you cannot tell me that he was looking at some of the income coming from either the CL Group stages or at the very worst a decent run in the Europa League.

McCoist and the players fucked that right out of the water and with one of the major revenue streams gone it makes no financial sense to do another "Kaunus" and spend millions we cannot afford now and pay the price for it later.

McCoist has a squad of around 28 players to choose from. The bulk of them are experienced international players who won us the League title last season.

They should be good enough to retain their title but as i have said all along my reservations are about the managers ability to manage not the players ability to win games.

So....I'll ask one more time....Maybe this time I'll get an answer which isn't full of shite!

How the hell has Craig Whyte saved us?

We still have the same debt.

We still spent more money last season on one player than we did this summer.

HE never spent £3m on stadium redevelopments, Rangers as a club did.

HE never spent money on players, Rangers did. (not much might I add)

HE did however promise us £5m a season and said he could maybe front end some of it this season, HE didn't.

We were never asset stripped by Lloyds ever, we still kept our best players without selling them.

I've spent more on a watered down cup of coke at half time than what Whyte has spent on Rangers.

Anyone care to argue these facts?

I would maybe question your last point but I'm with you on everything else. Blinded by the Whyte appears to be quite apt at present.

I'm afraid only time will tell which of us will prove to be correct in our predictions

I'm usually upbeat but this window and the way we've gone about our business in general has left me completely underwhelmed. We've acted like complete amateurs and, for me, the signings have been totally uninspiring

Unfortunately I've already bought my season ticket but can safely say I'll be picking the games I attend from here on in.

It's going to be a long season.

It's your ticket to do with as you please, I'd just hope that you give it to someone else for the day if you decide you're not going to a game.

There's no doubt we're in a better position now that Lloyds no longer control our decision making. However, Whyte's tenure so far has been slightly underwhelming and not as emphatically positive as I imagined it would be when he took over from Sir David Murray.

Why didn't we buy a striker during the summer transfer window? Even though Wallace is a sound investment, why have we spent our biggest transfer fee on a left back when we needed most other positions strengthened more than the aforementioned position? Why did we value Wallace at £1.5M, when he only had a year left on his Hearts contract, and not value Goodwillie at £2M, or that Verhoek guy at £1.7M? Obviously we may not have signed Goodwillie or Verhoek but if we'd had a bid accepted they may have been persuaded to come here.

I'm still fully behind Whyte as he's definitely had a positive impact on The Rangers. Getting McGregor, Davis, Whittaker, Wylde on new long-term contracts wouldn't have happened had it not been for Whyte. The stadium improvements wouldn't have happened either. Signing 7 players of course also wouldn't have happened without Whyte, even though we haven't spent the £5M Whyte promised, which is pretty disappointing as I feel that we could really have taken control of this league had we spent a bit more on a couple of quality players. We signed Jelavic & Weiss last summer and, in my opinion, we haven't signed anyone this summer who are as good as those two.

Our current squad is good enough to win the league. However, I'd like to see players like Kerkar, Healy, Little, Weir, McCulloch, Edu & Broadfoot leave us as soon as possible. Hopefully once this happens we'll have freed up a lot of wages and can then go out again and sign a few players, either in January or next summer, then we'll have a very good squad.

Even though Ally has already had a couple of serious fuck-ups, it's now time for him to deliver us the league title. If he doesn't then Whyte has a big decision to make.

No matter who the owner of Rangers is they will never win with sections of our support.

The quick fix get it now mentality is prevalent in society and it is no different in football.

For years i argued that Murray was spending MY money unwisely. Then it was the BANKS money he was spending unwisely. We were living way beyond our means to satisfy his and it has to be said our ego's until some of us started wondering how we could afford to keep spending all this money we didn't appear to have.

So unless Bill Gates walks in and says here you go Ally there's £100M to spend on transfers alone we are stuck with a club that has enormous expectations struggling to raise two bob in a two bit league.

NO OWNER is going to come out and tell the world we have X amount to spend on transfers. Just sheer utter stupidity to believe we will let all the other clubs know what we have to spend. He had to say something as it was inevitable the fans would want to see what the new owner was made of. He said what he said in good faith of that i have no doubt but you cannot tell me that he was looking at some of the income coming from either the CL Group stages or at the very worst a decent run in the Europa League.

McCoist and the players fucked that right out of the water and with one of the major revenue streams gone it makes no financial sense to do another "Kaunus" and spend millions we cannot afford now and pay the price for it later.

McCoist has a squad of around 28 players to choose from. The bulk of them are experienced international players who won us the League title last season.

They should be good enough to retain their title but as i have said all along my reservations are about the managers ability to manage not the players ability to win games.

I'm not too far away on those thoughts. All I want from our owner is honesty. I don't want him playing the role of the pied piper and everybody following on.

If he was honest about what he intended instead of fooling some of our fans (some of which still can't see it) then he would be in a much better place.

I'm not too far away on those thoughts. All I want from our owner is honesty. I don't want him playing the role of the pied piper and everybody following on.

If he was honest about what he intended instead of fooling some of our fans (some of which still can't see it) then he would be in a much better place.

Can any Chairman or Owner be completely open with the fans though?

I personally don't think he has pulled the wool over my eyes.

On certain deals it looks to me like our naivety in dealing with transfers was more to blame than the actual monies we bid.

And like i said once we were out of Europe completely i personally think he has said "Enough".

It's no secret there is friction between him and McCoist so if he doesn't feel the manager deserves any more money or he just doesn't think he can cut it that's his perogative as owner to do that.

From being in the job for only 4 months i feel on balance he has done more good than bad and deserves far more time than many are willing to give him before forming a concrete opinion on his motives for Rangers FC.

one last time we are only in debt if we are made insolvent by hmrc. that's like a debt that's only payable if you die.

we are not in debt. lloyds have been repaid.

money has also been put into rangers by whyte how much we can't be sure of as yet.

This is only true of the £18 million lloyds loan.

Can any Chairman or Owner be completely open with the fans though?

I personally don't think he has pulled the wool over my eyes.

On certain deals it looks to me like our naivety in dealing with transfers was more to blame than the actual monies we bid.

And like i said once we were out of Europe completely i personally think he has said "Enough".

It's no secret there is friction between him and McCoist so if he doesn't feel the manager deserves any more money or he just doesn't think he can cut it that's his perogative as owner to do that.

From being in the job for only 4 months i feel on balance he has done more good than bad and deserves far more time than many are willing to give him before forming a concrete opinion on his motives for Rangers FC.

It could just be coincedence that the 4 or 5 bids of more than £2 million all never materialized whereas the 4 or 5 bids adding up to £2 million did.

He has not delivered what he said he would. He should have kept quiet and not built up expectation.

and the overdraft according to you last week.

boss estimated our debts at 19 to 20 million 18 of which was the loan. we won't be far away I am sure.

He didn't take on an overdraft as we had cash at bank, or we should have. On top of this though there were various other creditors and finance leases that would not have been cleared. PLUS if you read the circular, it is clear that the original £18m is wiped if we win the tax case. The rest of the investment though is NOT clear. It is possible the capital injection will be debt owed to him.

And why would you want any of those cunts running the club?! Stupid post. People are allowed an opinion on Whyte, and all these comments are only on the back of what he promised. What has he delivered? McKay looks

like decent wee player and I think Wallace will do well... the rest though?! Time will tell I guess. And don't tell me Ally didn't wanna buy another couple. Nothing I have heard come from Whyte's lips have left me with any reason to be confident in him. No condemnation yet, but blindly defending him is just nonsense.

I never thought I'd see the day when somebody on RM, a Rangers supporter, would refer to people like Jock Wallace, Bill Struth, or the Queen as being "cunts".

Unbelievable.