9 Million For Jela? That'll Be Whyte!

KingKirk

glad you have the inside track at the bank.

GBT Papac is correct. Lloyds would have done exactly that. One of their directors said as much at the bank AGM in May just after Whyte bought the Gers. Lloyds AGM was at the SECC because they are registered in Scotland. Lloyds wanted their cash back quickly no matter what.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GBT Papac is correct. Lloyds would have done exactly that. One of their directors said as much at the bank AGM in May just after Whyte bought the Gers. Lloyds AGM was at the SECC because they are registered in Scotland. Lloyds wanted their cash back quickly no matter what.

exactly m8 they dont care if a player is worth 10m if they can get 5m straight away they stull have other assets they can claim like the stadium and if whyte would not have saved us we would be fuked !

that is exactly my point. it would be a theory!

TBD, no theory really, it is exactly what would have happened, as assets would be sold to get the bank their cash back quickly. I'm not kidding about the Lloyds director because the man approached me for a word as I was leaving the AGM. I specifically went to criticise them publicly (which I did) by questioning their board on their treatment of a company (RFC) which was not just meeting payback terms previously agreed with Lloyds but had in fact exceeded such payback terms. The bank Chairman Sir Winfried Bischoff apologised to me in public at the AGM. A small point I admit, but at least he said it in the public domain.

Goram is not really helping by coming out with an article like that. Very strong words from him.. Im not sure I like it!

If it is correct and he has been golfing with Ally in the last few weeks. Do you think some of this might have come from Ally? Coisty can't be happy at whats went on even tho he said he is.

He has said for the last week to 10 days that he's been looking to sign a forward. to get none in would be a body blow to him IMO. He wouldnt show is anger at whyte in public but he could vent his anger at the people closest to him, away from the park.

I just wonder on this Golfing trip with AG if he has done just that. Could you see this happening?

If it is correct and he has been golfing with Ally in the last few weeks. Do you think some of this might have come from Ally? Coisty can't be happy at whats went on even tho he said he is.

He has said for the last week to 10 days that he's been looking to sign a forward. to get none in would be a body blow to him IMO. He wouldnt show is anger at whyte in public but he could vent his anger at the people closest to him, away from the park.

I just wonder on this Golfing trip with AG if he has done just that. Could you see this happening?

I don't think they would be friends long if something said on the golf course was in the papers the next day.

With the source being "I played golf with him..." :rolleyes:

Never mind this shite about who Ally's been golfing with, and what Ally's wee pissy gripes might be.

Ally has just set up a Rangers team who are on the back of 3IAR to lose over 2 legs to some nonentities who we shouldn't be seeing in our road.

Ally should be getting his finger out of his fucking arse, and telling the players he already has that they will be looking for another job if they don't start performing.

In short, Coisty has work to do, so he doesn't have time to be bleating to his pals about the wee problems that big bad Craigie might be causing him.

Never mind this shite about who Ally's been golfing with, and what Ally's wee pissy gripes might be.

Ally has just set up a Rangers team who are on the back of 3IAR to lose over 2 legs to some nonentities who we shouldn't be seeing in our road.

Ally should be getting his finger out of his fucking arse, and telling the players he already has that they will be looking for another job if they don't start performing.

In short, Coisty has work to do, so he doesn't have time to be bleating to his pals about the wee problems that big bad Craigie might be causing him.

:wanker:

Why do so many Rangers fans have such an aversion to free speech? Ban this, ban them, shut them down etc etc. It's a lazy response. What did Goram say that has not been said already on these forums? And it's about football ff sake. Aye the guy should be banned from expressing an opinion about something as inconsequential (in the bigger picture) as football. doh

I don't mind Goram bumping his gums - perhaps he needs the money.

And Goram may well be repeating what's been said on forums, but then the amount of absolute pish talked recently is no guarantee he is going to avoid repeating the pish. And he didn't.

There's nothing lazy about taking Goram to task for the nonsense in this article. I noted that despite playing golf with McCoist, Goram chose not to offer a single quote from his besty-buddy, but did see fit to mention Cuellar not being signed - a man who is injured.

That alone is in the clubs interest, not a 'fault', Goram.

McCoist getting his side of the story across? It would seem that all is not well up the marble staircase.

If McCoist's side of the story includes this;

Cuellar, Tomer Hemed, David Goodwillie, Craig Conway and Neil Danns.

There's five guys McCoist wanted and didn't get. That's not his fault.

Then we really do have something to worry about.

THE board must think Rangers fans button up the back.

They must think every Ibrox supporter is wet behind the ears.

What other explanation is there?

Unless you treat your fans with complete and utter contempt, how else do you expect them to swallow the tall tale of a late 'mystery' mega-bucks bid for Nikica Jelavic?

I'm sorry, that was nothing more than a smokescreen.

A blatant attempt by Craig Whyte and Co to deflect attention away from the fact that next to no money has been spent on improving Ally McCoist's squad this summer.

And I know I'm not alone in thinking that.

With the amount of wheeling and dealing done these days, how the hell can an institution like Rangers not know who offered £9million for their star striker?

It's complete rubbish and I'm not buying it for a second.

C'mon, Mr Whyte. Just be honest and up front with the fans.

No one bid that amount of money for Jelavic, did they?

Because if they had, I suspect you would have bitten their hand off and Gers would be a man down this morning.

I wrote last week that the new Ibrox owner had less than a week to salvage Gers' season.

Carlos Cuellar had become Carlos Bocanegra and big signings had to be made before the close of the transfer window on Wednesday.

What are we left with now that the dust has settled?

As far as I can see, nothing but a load of broken promises.

Whyte swept into town last season on a tidal wave of goodwill.

New boss McCoist would get £5m to spend this summer. Rangers were in safe hands.

By my calculations, McCoist's net spend this summer is just £500,000.

Juan Manuel Ortiz — £300,000. Lee Wallace — £1.5m. Dorin Goian — £400,000. Bocanegra — £300,000. Alejandro Bedoya — £250,000. Matt McKay — £250,000.

Don't forget, Madjid Bougherra was sold for £1.8m while Rangers banked £700,000 from the sell-on clause after Charlie Adam joined Liverpool. Do the maths yourself.

It leaves a staggering shortfall of £4.5m which was supposed to be invested in new players.

How the hell is that giving Coisty a fair crack of the whip?

I played golf with my old Rangers buddy a few days back.

And you just had to look at him to get a feel for his frustration.

Think of the players he's targeted this summer.

And think of where Gers would be right now had the board backed him by getting their cheque book out.

Most probably still in the Champions League, that's where.

Cuellar, Tomer Hemed, David Goodwillie, Craig Conway and Neil Danns.

There's five guys McCoist wanted and didn't get. That's not his fault.

The blame lies squarely at the door of the board who have failed miserably to back their man.

Taking over from a legend like Walter Smith was always going to be a difficult job.

But McCoist has had his throat cut by the guys supposed to be helping him.

On deadline day Gers were willing to let players leave on loan when everyone knows the squad is paper thin. It doesn't make sense.

McCoist has all the attributes to be a top class manager.

He's shrewd, intelligent and he knows the game inside out. He knows Rangers inside out.

Well, perhaps he THOUGHT he knew Rangers inside out.

For me there seems to be a genuine lack of leadership at Ibrox. McCoist is saying one thing and those above him another. Whyte, Ali Russell and Gordon Smith are all involved in the decision-making process yet no one seems capable of making the right decision.

What is it they say about too many cooks? I know Whyte has defended his signing policy elsewhere in today's SunSport.

But to me it's black and white. Big noises were made at the start. Big promises have been broken now.

Whyte simply hasn't spent the kind of money he said he would and the Rangers fans fear that will be to the detriment of McCoist and the squad he has at his disposal.

Quality is very much thin on the ground at Ibrox and unless Jelavic gets his shooting boots back on and fast, you wonder where the goals are going to come from. But when everyone is fit it's still a strong squad.

Strong enough to win the SPL, but that says more about that sorry state of football in this country than anything else.

Coisty is a fighter and right now he's in the biggest fight of his life.

He's got the job of his dreams and I'm sure all of this will have made him even more determined to succeed.

Whyte and the rest of the board better hope the current squad stays injury free because it won't be long before fans start asking questions.

I can assure you Mr Whyte, they are NOT buttoned up the back.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3789992/9m-bid-for-Jela-Thatll-be-Whyte.html#ixzz1WkO4WtjI

:crabflute: dont take anything as fact you read in the sun or that other rag the record.

He may have been a great Goalie but Goram is hardly ever likely to be offered a job in the Diplomatic Service.He did us no favours with this article considering the Papers are full this morning of negative stories and jibes at us.Since his playing days were over he has been little more than a useful idiot for the red tops.

Some of you guys just don't get it!

Whilst Goram's article may be, perhaps, a little 'rough around the edges', it is essentially saying what many rangers supporters think and feel.

It may not be totally accurate, but I suspect it's not far off the mark. Give the man credit for having some insight into Rangers FC and its internal 'machinations'.

As for what the Mhanks think...I couldn't care less!

Some of you guys just don't get it!

Whilst Goram's article may be, perhaps, a little 'rough around the edges', it is essentially saying what many rangers supporters think and feel.

It may not be totally accurate, but I suspect it's not far off the mark. Give the man credit for having some insight into Rangers FC and its internal 'machinations'.

As for what the Mhanks think...I couldn't care less!

Since when does he represent the views of the Rangers support and who elected him to speak on their behalf?